Semi-annual "Bestest Member of SciForums Semi-contest"

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by GeoffP, May 6, 2011.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hi. I'm Geoff McClure. Some of you may remember me from such threads as "Bells and Geoff Have It Out", or "Things People Don't Like About SF", or "Take My Moderator - Please!" But today I'd like to talk to you about a new thread we're offering every year in the About the Members subforum: the Semi-annual "Bestest Member of SciForums Semi-contest". We call it Semi-annual, because we don't know when the last time was that we ran it, although last time there was a rotted dog. And we call it Semi-contest, because we have no control over its fairness, and because last time there was a rotted dog.

But in addition to the usual Semi-annual "Bestest Member of SciForums Semi-contest", we're offering you even more this semi-year! Since this year is a nice round number (2011), we're including a new category to reflect the bestest SF member overall - within your foreseeable lifetime! In strict keeping with the Windsor Rules of Grammaticization, we're calling this category the "Most Bestest Member of SciForums"! One could insert posters, moderators, trolls or even a rock that you see out your front window! It's all good, because we have no enforcement over it.

Now, being that this is SF, there are too many possible candidates with the same relative value to make a poll, and possibly leave other people out. Why, heck: even the act of making a poll could be psychically, spiritually or legally injurious! So instead, we're just going to let people write in their candidates or stooges in the posting space below! Please write - in legible, non-insulting English - the name of your candidate in the spaces provided.

"Bestest Member of SciForums 2011": [your vote here]

"Most Bestest Member of SciForums": [your vote here]

The winner of the "Bestest Member of SciForums Semi-contest" will win an engraved throne of pure unobtanium, hand-crafted by the dwarves that dwell in the depths of Niflheim.

Runners up to the "Bestest Member of SciForums Semi-contest" will receive a tub of SFA, by EnigmaCo! "EnigmaCo: that's goooood...? Something."

And please: no arguing unless you intend to verbally demean your opponent. Logical debate should be constrained to the rest of the forum. Ha ha! Just kidding.

So vote early, and probably often! Vote for GeoffP = cute puppies

Subliminal conditioning is not permitted. All rights, if any, reserved. This post is a representation of the GeoffCorp Foundation (EK). All views expressed in this post may or may not be the views of the GeoffCorp Foundation.Vote for GeoffP = cuddly kittens

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I nominate the padlock.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't know where we would be without him.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I think it would be easier to pick the worst members than the best. There are plenty of people here who make intelligent and entertaining posts.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yeees, but one of them is the Bestest and one of them the Most Bestest.

I would gladly second the padlock. I've long been a fan of his work.

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

What's Ambient Noodling?

9. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I'd say I like Tiassa's posts a lot, but then I'd be accused of butt-kissing.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for "Best mod?"

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

S.A.M, is that a cruelty-case picture?
    That's a young dog's skull...

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats [enc]Rottie[/enc], the prevailing title holder and last time winner of said contest.

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

um...okay...guess I'm just in a strange place ATM, rottie bugs me.
    I guess because I can see that's likely from a dog under a year old, possibly a Lab.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I could be mistaken since I was busy during the Rottie episode [so much so that I forget which member's sock puppet was Rottie] but we have a member called Varda who used to salvage skulls from rotting carcasses and treat them for her collection. I think Rottie came from her files but as I said I could be mistaken

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I collect skulls too. Just not dog skulls, usually. I'm too bonded with dogs.

Although I have a skull that is either of a coyote or a big-eared dog...I found it hiking in Mexico, soaked it in diluted Clorox to sanitize and get the dried bits loosened. Then I used a razor to remove them, and told the customs guy I bought it in a shop.

It's sitting on my altar shelf, over a little cauldron, next to Buddha, Bast, a few other skulls, some feathers and stones, a picture of my friend who offed herself, and some ashes of my father in law.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Bestest Member of SciForums 2011: [Me]

Most Bestest Member of SciForums: [Me]*

Unplaced: [Irrelevant troll]**

* Because I deserve it. I would have won if it hadn't been for that damned dog.

** Because you know you missed it.

17. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Just to be sporting I'll refrain from entering, it wouldn't be much of a contest otherwise.

I vote for Sandy in the catergory of "most bewildering".

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

All right, we have some actual votes. Since Dwy has broken the ice, so to speak, I shall also vote accordingly.

Bestest Member of SciForums 2011: [Me]

Most Bestest Member of SciForums: [Me]*

So, based on my results and Dwy's, that's two votes for me so far. Woo hoo! Commanding lead.

19. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I just checked the "members" list...The only me I found, was well, me.

So, I appreciate the votes...

20. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

Bestest Member of SciForums 2011": [Mr Doodle]

"Most Bestest Member of SciForums": [Samcdkey]

21. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Well I too am going to vote for myself; and if you wish to vote for yourself just copy and paste, in its entirety, the voting section of my post:

Voting section begins:
    ---------------------

Bestest Member of SciForums 2011: [universaldistress]

Most Bestest Member of SciForums: [universaldistress]

---------------------
    Voting section ends:

( ME: I think they'll fall for that Rottie.
    Rottie: YAAS, BAAAAND TOOO!)

22. Emil Valued Senior Member

Me too. Me too. Me too. That's three so far.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I nominate n0mmo !