Sedimentary Means Water Deposited

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Page after page of terminal stupidity on the part of IceAge. The stupidity I can tolerate, the patronising question avoidance is more difficult to take. What really gets on my nerves is that I have to share a species with this moron.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Please show in the bible where the earth was at any time hot. In the beginning it was dark (which mean there wouldn't be any molten rock, which happens to be undark), and God's spirit moved on the face of the waters. Be pretty hard to have water with molten rock, don't you think?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

IAC,

I'd be interested to know how your theory accounts for the slow but steady movements of the continents over the mantle? As measured, (and taken into account when sending and receiving telemetry) by various telecommunication, government, and millitary satellites?

For example the LAGEOS1 and LAGEOS2 satellites, launched in 1976 and 1992 respectively:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAGEOS

are designed to measure such movements, and are capable of tracking the continents to within millimetres:

http://ilrs.gsfc.nasa.gov/science_analysis/contributions.html

As a result we learn that Britain and America diverge from one another at an average rate of 2cm per year.

Would you please explain such observations to us within the framework of your theory?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

IAC's whole theory relies on God moving the continents apart at an incredible speed. His whole theory relies on unnatural and supernatural occurances, not natural ones.

If IAC's "rapid lithication" deluge theory were correct, then we should see literally billions of human, duck, kangaro, etc. fossils all bundled together in the same layer of sediment. The sedimentary rock layers we see should be literally overflowing with fossils. Yet in the real world we know that fossils are actually a rare find, and fossilization a rare occurence.

No humans with giant sauropods in the same layer? No humans with any creatures which existed millions of years ago? Interesting...

IAC's explanation is that humans were more mobile than every other animal which is why human fossils are only found at the highest level of sediment. That's funny, because I always thought there was a plethera of animals more mobile than us (lions, cheetahs, leopards, swamp cats, pterodons, birds, etc.).

In any case, if the "more mobile" theory is true then why is there huge flying reptile (pterodons) located thousands of feet deep in the sedment? I always thought flying was more "mobile" then walking (humans).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  8. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Thanks NDS. I think it will be my last post on the subject, since IceAgeCivilizations appears so reluctant to address most people's questions seriously. Good luck getting a straight answer.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Laika, the lensing-out of layers within the geologic column is predictable with the GFM, why don you think it wouldn't be?