Secular Children are more likely to Share

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Secular Sanity, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I suppose that depends on the church. I'm willing to say that some are more inclined to keep the money than to reach out to the community. As with all things, there are scams and there are honest efforts to do good. If I were to participate within a religious organization, I would first look at how it serves the community, as I would with any charitable organization that was asking for money.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

i've found this to be consistently true. but i don't think this is just due to the fundamental religion or it's teachings itself which is even evidenced by the fact there are less selfless tenants within their religion as well but are attracted to the religion due to it's base/core foundational tenants, not the higher ones. just as people who tend to gravitate toward such religions are similar in mindset which is partly probably due to genetics. but you don't have to be religious to have the same mindset or nature either. it's just 'general'.

from experience and to sum it up in a nutshell, there is a fundamental thread or similarity in mindset/reasoning/thinking between sociopaths/psychopaths who you hear about in prison who eventually find god/religion as a form of rehabilitation to those outside of prison who are fundamental religionists. the difference is religion in some aspect keeps them from prison in the first place. but it does not change the core sociopathic traits/tendencies/sentiments (who they are). conservative values essentially are sociopathic. it's just more mildly expressed in comparison.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.