Scotland Assisted Suicide Legalization Bill Narrowed, Still Targets Disabled

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Brian Foley, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Could you provide me of a ‘properly enforced law’ that would see a functioning program that could not be expanded?
    Actually Nazi Germany was a Freemarket capitalist state with a free privately owned media no different from todays America. Eugenics was introduced by the German medical institute before Nazism and Nazism gave the medical institute free rein and that is where the T4 program developed. And judging by your ‘Facist’ answer I can deduct you cant see the forest for the trees.
    I thought he gave a well balanced assessment.
    I thought it would be lost on you.
    Enjoy your future, I wont be, thanks for forcing yourself on the rest of us.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

You don't need a clause to remove the possibility of expansion, laws become more liberal or more conservative depending on the needs of the time or the populace. Nazi germany was a democracy lead by a madman and it was a fascist state the fact that it was a 'Freemarket capitalist state with a free privately owned media' did not make it any less a facist state. The U.S has already disposed of its madman Brian so I think we'll be fine for the next four years

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hitler long before the Third Reich came into power wrote exactly what his intentions were. Due to the stresses of a lost war & poverty Germany allowed a madman to set in place an EXTERMINATING SYSTEM FOR THE PURPOSES OF GENOCIDE! In other words he was concerned in his twisted little mine with creating a new perfect aryan being and a society free of anyone who didn't meet that criteria. Hitler's germany was not interested in death with dignity and its a far cry from what can happen now. Is it impossible? I guess not. Who knows maybe the Chinese will decide to take over the U.S and turn us all into slaves! If you want to go into the realm of possibilities you will see ghosts in every corner of the future but this doesn't mean it has any place in the present context of what is PROBABLE!

You thought that he gave a well balanced assessment because he is preaching to the converted namely you. You agree with him so you don't see the imbalance.

Brian: And judging by your ‘Facist’ answer I can deduct you cant see the forest for the trees.

What facist answer? An answer cannot be facist you twit. Facism is defined as a totalitarian nationalist and corporatist ideology. A facist is an adherent of fascism or other right-wing authoritarian views. More you post the more I see a lack of clarity for details. Nevermind the forest you don't even see the trees!

Brian: Enjoy your future, I wont be, thanks for forcing yourself on the rest of us.

In case you haven't noticed you are in the minority here sunshine! So perhaps it is you attempting to force your quackery on everyone else.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swarm Registered Senior Member

Really straight forward.

People whine about healthcare for the poor costing them tax dollars and then they whine when it doesn't cover extreme, and very expensive, measures.

If 5% of the people fail to live 5 years, Oregon says it isn't an effective treatment and they won't pay for it.

They will give palliative care and that includes assisted suicide.

Do you know what you get in my state? Nada, zip, nothing. No treatment. No pallitive care. You are on your own buddy and both the example people would already be dead.

You are just whining and distorting the facts.

Are you willing to pay "anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000 a month" so that person can live 6 more months? How many other lives are you willing to cut short for him because if you buy his medicine, you aren't buying theirs?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.