sciwar

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by razordude, May 14, 2010.

1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: Let's just start and he can chime in later.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

yah, Im gonna start typing up my character biography soon.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Okay when are we starting this? I vote that we start this at an era maybe 3 to 4 weeks before the war starts. That way it gives us adequate time to understand each other's characters. Alright?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: I second it. So we will be fighting you.

8. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Otto's Backstory: Otto was born in Munich Germany. His father Manfred Krauler is a worker in a factory. His mother Elzna Krauler is a stay at home mom. Otto went to the university of Berlin and joined the military at 18. After a few peacekeeping missions he became a Sergeant. He has brown hair and brown eyes. He is a gentleman and a brilliant tactician, similiar to Field Marshall Irwin Rommel.

9. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I say yes. Let the story begin.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The pilots of the Yamato Squadron stood in the courtyard of Kyoto Air Force Academy. They were ordered to stay back for advanced training.

11. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

It was a brisk Summer Morning. Otto was had a weekend pass. He arrived home and rang the doorbell. Elzna opened the door. "Mutter." "Son, come in." Elzna said happily. "How have you been?" "It's been calm lately. What are you cooking?" "Brautwurst." "My favorite." "A Mother knows her son."

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: Yah, when I started in solstice I think it helped to even out the game and its so much funner when we play against each other than the almost inanimate objects of characters we create to either be killed or to help or to guard...etc.

Im hoping it will even it out.

In game:
    My name is Dimitri. Captain of the Dimitriy Donskoy TK205 Typhoon class (a real sub actually) nuclear submarines. I have been in command for a good ten years. They told me 10 years ago that I would only be captain for a month. But after the Baltic incident they kept me. The TK205 is the only Ballistic missile submarine we currently have available. And thus I am the only captain with any experiance.

"Captain, dock reports ready, the lines are clear and the nuclear power plants report ready" Commander Borei said

-flashback-

For the past 6 months we had been stationed in a covered and camouflaged drydock, ridiculous amounts of security guarded my boat. We were the last Ballistic missile submarine left in our navy. The Dimitriy was a good ship before these "adjustments". After them, she was the greatest submarine to ever be conceived. They had lengthened her by one hundred and fifty feet and added in another 6 missile tubes along with two more large 65 cm torpedo tubes, the largest torpedo tubes in the world. With the personal requests from my crew some of the extra room was used to add several entertainment facilities. They rewelded our hull and sprayed on a dozen layers of some carbon composite spray that's used in stealth fighters. They even ripped out or old power plant from the 80's and bolted in a brand new nuclear powerplant with a quad reactor configuration. This engine gave us far more power than any submarine. I was told that I should be able to cruise at 30 to 35 knots silently and could hit 50 knots maximum. Far faster than any other submarine in existance, and best of all, no one knew that the new and improved Dimitriy existed.

The only reason they kept me as captain was because I was the only experianced ballistic missile submariner, there were a lot of demands from attack submarine crews all the way up to some admirals that captains from their own respective commands get the Dimitriy. And they would have if not for the president visiting and at some point my crew and I must have impressed him because a day after he left I stopped getting hell from various admirals about who was going to command her.

-flashback end-

"Submerge the ship"-Dimitri

"aye sir, submerging ship"-helmsmen

And with that the Dimitriy sank 100 feet underneath the covered drydock.

"Ahead 1/3"-Commander Borei

"Aye sir, ahead 1/3"

The four reactors in the Dimitriy kicked into gear and with a massive push they moved the behemoth out from under the drydock at 5 knots. And the best part was no one could even hear a thing, it was quite... so quite

"Head out to open see and shift course to bearing 135"-Dimitri

OOC: There we go.

13. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Dimitri came from a farming family. The closest a family member came to fighting a war was great uncle thrice removed that carried ammunition for some general in WW2. His family had no military history and Dimitri was the first one. He became something of a hero in the tabloids and the news only because of the Baltic incident and the fact he commands the only ballistic missile submarine in Russia.

14. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Otto sat down at the table where Manfred was reading the newspaper. "It seems North Korea is increasing it's troop activity. I doubt it means anything. How's work?" "It's been good. And you Father?" "The factory is doing well. I just got a promotion, to floor supervisor." "That's good news."

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Shogun saluted then said,

"I am Captain Minamoto no Shogun, I will be your commanding officer from now on,"

The pilots then introduced themselves one by one and saluted,

"1st Lieutenant Taira no Masaru,"

"1st Lieutenant Fujiwara no Arata,"

"1st Lieutenant Tachibana no Ayumu,"

"1st Lieutenant Abe no Haruki,"

"1st Lieutenant Mononobe no Hiroto,"

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Also the largest in the world

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

"How is the Liutenant? Is he doing well?" "Last time I spoke to him. He recently went to Japan to study some new tactics and tour the airforce bases." "And you didn't go?" "I don't really want to. Japan is not my place. Deutchland is my home."

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: Should I meet up with him?

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: Do you mind if Russia is not one of the first attackers? Like maybe China and Korea are the ones that spark it but russia gets dragged in after maybe a mistaken aerial attack or naval attack on a civilian freighter that belonged to Russia.

Also, the typhoon I have has 26 ballistic missiles (20 normally but an extra 6 because of upgrades), could I use them? I swear I wont power game and I wont throw them all at the same time, more like for targets of opportunity. I was thinking that maybe China detonated some super nuke in the atmosphere and the attenuation by the EMP shorts out the nukes from each country. Idea being that nukes are nullified in the beginning of the war. But since the Dimitriy was under 1200 feet of water the 26 missiles were shielded.

20. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: You'll meet him in a bit.

21. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: As I posted in the backstory. Communists prefrom a Coup de tau and take Russia after the war starts (caused by North Korea). Then the USSR forms again. And that's when they enter the war.

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Rather than a coup de tau do you mind if they just win because of an election that in game time is hosted in lets say.... 2 weeks after the beginning of the war?

Because that way I dont have to do a whole bit about the moral crisis of the military whether to stay democratic or go communist. If communists win by a democratic vote it would be much smoother.

23. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: Sure. On the ballet:

Stalin
    Peter the Great

How in the heck did Stalin win?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!