Sciforums

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Avatar, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Hello,

I'd like to inform that the moderator team together with our admin Plazma Inferno! has noticed and is aware of the current state of Sciforums, where too much posting is nonsense and that we have somehow lost path and haven't taken strong actions where they should have been taken.

We are working on a policy and a concrete plan to make this place more credible and serious, more appealing to members who want to have a quality discussion, while still remaining a fun and a free thinking place to be.

This planning might take a few weeks, so please be patient. All I can say is that we are enthusiastic and committed to make Sciforums better, and that any changes shall be made gradually, in a non shocking manner.

This time we intend not to drift with the changing circumstances, but shape this place according to one vision.

When ready, the Policy will be posted in Open Government for discussion, and prior warnings shall be made before any changes that will be done according to the plan.

That is all,
    please stand by...

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Is my sense of impending doom real or imagined... I wonder...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

<The ground rumbles.>

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Well it is for the best.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Here comes the Stalinism IceAgeCivilizations warned us about.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Well, at least Matt Marr didn't have a prophecy on this.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. John99 Banned Banned

oh i can tell you exactly how to fix this place.

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

1. Institute mass bannings, including all those who argue (excluding me)
    2. Delete all non-scientific threads
    3. Require a minimum amount of letters in order to post, around 1 sentence worth.
    4. Reorganize the forums
    5. Develop a complaints forum
    6. Remove all moderators and if someone recieves 5 reportings then instantly delete the entire thread.
    7. Put me in-charge

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Get rid of Skinwalker and James R, we would then smell freedom, those two are the poster boys for "politically correct," a term coined by Joseph Stalin.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Do you see the storm clouds gathering over your head, Ice?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Yeh, I've been wiping the floor with those two for months now, I'm at "Strike Two" on their ban schedule (though I've been banned about four of five bans already actually), so yeh, they have a choice, ban me or continue to get embarrassed, a hard decision for them no doubt.

Everybody knows they are politically correct full-blown Darwinites who don't like to be made to look bad, so we'll see how much they may have grown up, distressing times for the Darwinite Gestapo.

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Considering the past and my acceptance when posting rather unusual and vivid topics, ie sexual in nature, I must review and submitt to James R being fair an impartial. Most moderators are fine, infact I don't ever recall anyone but Absane and James R even PMing me :C~

Oh well... I luV u

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Ok, then James R is a perverted politically-correct Darwinite, we'll go with that.

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

He's also been known to quote from dirty books about the laws of gravity. Let's stone him.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

No, just demote him from mod, so we can see what he's got without the badge.

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

If you review my postings as sderenzi he could've banned me back then, I had to request it for him to even do it :shrug: so yea he's not mean :C my posts were rather weird back then, but it's fun to reread them from time to time.

I am done posting for the most part I think.. all questions I had are now answered.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

And then we can stone him?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This is a science forum, and neo-Darwinism is the accepted theory of species formation. You haven't countered with a scientific theory of your own, only faith-based ones.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

You can stone him, I'll pass.

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Certainly I have spidergoat, evolution without abiogenesis, the supposed abiogenesis which is merely an unfounded hypothesis, it is clearly a faith based notion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.