Sciforums not a good place anymore

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by MetaKron, Feb 11, 2007.

1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Cue the jackasses.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Yes and?

I have always been open and honest in saying that people who deny HIV exists poses a danger to society at large, especially when they are in positions of power or influence, as is evidenced by the disaster that is HIV and AIDS in Africa. You may think that no disaster exists, but that is you.

Do you honestly think that I have that much control or power over what others think or believe? Do you honestly think I can actually dictate what people think or believe?

So you think that because some people may have agreed with me, that I somehow bullied them into it? You have proof of this of course?

Really? Because from where I was sitting it was directly addressed to me and about me.

*Sigh*

Where, when and how have I ever threatened you?

Anything or anyone who says anything that disagrees with you and you start screaming 'threats' and that "we" are somehow trying to 'control' you.

For goodness sake Meta, stop being so paranoid. When you post 'alternative' views, you have to expect that others will disagree with you. Disagreeing with you does not mean that it is a personal threat against you. This whole thread is basically YOU saying that We are somehow out to get you. Get over yourself.

So you are saying we should let you post up links to articles that are a blatant lie and misrepresentation of the actual case? Why? Why do you think you should expect special treatment.

Again, you haven't been shut down. The thread was moved to cesspool (because the article lied about the case) and left open. And it is still open.

May I remind you that this is an internet forum. I have no power or ability to "yell" at you. You have so far accused me or so many things in this forum to date that it has become too many to mention. You have no proof of any of this of course and when I ask for proof, you start ranting that I am somehow after you.

You don't like Sciforums anymore? Boohoo. Somewhere a tiny violin is playing your tune. But before you start saying that I somehow attack or sabotage other moderators or even you, you had better had some proof because do not expect me to sit back and just let you spread your accusations just because you think you should. I am sick and tired of having to treat you with kid gloves. If you step up and make such accusations, you had better believe that I will call you out on them.

So where exactly have I threatened you, yelled at you, attempted to shut you down, closed your threads or deleted your posts and links, bullied and threatened others into agreeing with me, attacked and sabotaged you and other moderators? In short, prove it or shove it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You may not be able to dictate what other people believe, Bells, but I feel that you would use such a power if you had it. Second best is to to disrupt attempts to dislodge entrenched false beliefs, and you are quite successful at doing that.

I'm a little tired of watching you deny the thing that you have spent so much time and effort doing, and I do not believe your protests that what I am doing is "dangerous." I've already plumbed the shallow depths of your knowledge of the subject matter and all you know how to do is repeat what someone else told you.

Like the people who attacked Socrates, Galileo, and Semmelweiss, you are exactly like them. Every time a group like yours attacks someone like them, they make the same mistakes, they tell the same lies, they deceive themselves the same ways. You also attack numerous people of lower stature and have an easier time getting away with it, but you still do the same things. You also always wind up being proven wrong, but you use every power you have to prevent that proof from seeing the light of day.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I expressed an honest belief. I do not have to prove such a belief.

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Definitely the opinion of a jackass.

9. Bells Staff Member

You have proof of this of course?

What you think of me means nothing to me. But when you start to accuse me of things, you need to have proof of it. This is what you have said:

And when asked to prove it, you say basically come out with 'umm maybe you don't really do that but would if you could'. So if you didn't think I did do this, why accuse me of it? And now you say I would if I could? You of course have proof of this as well?

And I am sick and tired of seeing you accuse me of threatening you, shutting you down, threatening and attacking members and other moderators as well as sabotaging them, and then when asked to prove it, see you turn tail and say 'well no not really, it's a personal opinion'.

You haven't "plumbed" squat. What you have done is accuse me falsely of ridiculous things without any proof whatsoever.

So you place yourself on the same level as Socrates, Galileo, and Semmelweiss? Interesting.

You posted an article that lied and falsified information and claimed it as fact. When this was pointed out to you, you became personally abusive, even to those who were on your side.

Who exactly are you accusing me of attacking now? Short people?

We are all equal here Meta. I shall repeat again the question I had posed to you and which you have failed to answer:

And your reply?

Convenient. No. You accused me of being and having done the above and have nothing to prove it.

And if we are going to go by matter of "opinion" since that appears to be the line you wish to follow.. my "opinion" of you is that you are a hack, liar and a downright coward. Your actions and accusations in this thread have proven this without a doubt. You made the accusations to me and about me and when asked to back it up, you had none to show, instead hiding behind matters of 'personal opinion'.

If you cannot back up your accusations or claims about me, don't expect me to sit back and say nothing. Again, prove it or shove it!

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Get rid of the Teflon, Bells, and live like human beings have to.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

what is it with you metakron?
    you seem to know your stuff when it comes to electronics.

let me get this straight, you believe the AIDS virus is a hoax right?
    for what ends? so pharmaceutical companies to make money.
    so all of the following is in on it:
    center for disease control.
    world health organization.
    amnesty international.
    all so the USA can make a buck.

you really don't want to know what i would do if i was a moderator.

12. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

I am an accredited scientist

>> Yes, intellectual freedom and honesty are not encouraged here>>>

Actively discouraged, yes no intellectual extensions of current knowledge can be entertained by this place.

As the Pope of old, the doctrine is written in stone... yes in their stone heads, and never likely to change. You can not teach a poisoned head new tricks.

Sad but true...... so guess what ?

Y'all discuss trivialities, no advances can be made and really text books are sooooooooooooooooooooo out of date.

Remove the moderation..... except for disrespectful conduct.

What right has a bunch of losers to stifle scientific discussion, and that includes flamers, trolls and censors, I call these people anti-scientists.

Show me who amongst y'all knows EVERYTHING and knows it all to be TRUE
    and I will show you a very tragic person, definitely not a scientist, and not someone that budding scientists should aspire to become.

Let the children explore each other's minds with no restraint except respect.

Who gave these anti-scientists the right to blinker the interchange of thoughts that one day may save the world.

You of superior scientific knowledge, why are you so scared of your "woo woo" input. remember it was from this conjecture, postulation etc that all scientific theory and experimentation has been propagated.

13. draqon Banned Banned

I think this depressing mood is not just on sciforums...but in the world...there is a war coming up...and it creates a lot of tensions within.

14. Bells Staff Member

So you would agree with him that an article telling a blatant lie about a court case should be treated as being scientific fact?

No one stifled his discussion. It was moved to cesspool when it was found to be completely false and a lie. It is still open and ongoing. Had he been stifled, it would have been shut down and deleted.

How would the scientific community treat any of its members who commented on and falsified the findings of, say, an experiment?

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

give him a big hug!

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

its my duty....to please that booty.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

if i thought it would help i would.

18. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

>> So you would agree with him that an article telling a blatant lie....

No, I was speaking in general (I did not even read the OP) from my treatment on various science forums on the net.... at least 5

Inhabited by clicks of the most nasty people I have even come across.
    Even stalking became par for the course, from one forum to another. Such was their psychopathic state.
    Of course I understand this, as a biochemist I know they are all very very sick... metal pois-oned out of their conscience with no empathy for each other.
    This is the state of play in the world, and ??????? nobody notices??????????

Maybe the net's anonymity brings out their worst characteristics...

BUT the moderators went/go along with it.... if people flame you, you get banned and not the flamers, and of course science is trashed.

I refuse to talk science here anymore.... usually I just make a single comment when I am passing and seldom look for or answer in reply.

Made your bed, then you sleep in it.

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I wonder if the flame-throw instigators here would say the same stuff face to face?

If you would think twice about saying it face to face, you probably shouldn't be saying on message boards.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, I would. Yes, I have.

Last time was at a scientific meeting. During the poster session I told presenters of a certain poster that their data was bullshit. Later in during the talk of their groupleader I asked a critical question regarding that data.

They are still pissed off because of that.

I think it is time you stop living in your particular fantasy world where your views are allmighty and start realizing that you could be wrong.

I can still remember my very first scientific meeting and some senior researcher came by to tell me I was wrong. And he was right. It took me a few weeks to realize it, but he was.

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

You've cleaned up your act somewhat, but you said some things to me early on which I seriously doubt you would have said face to face, same with most of the rest of the Darwinite rowdies here.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No, I would tell you you are full of bullshit too.

I have done that to people like you in the past. There is no point in being reasonable to people like you face to face. Best just to have some fun instead.

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Oh we would have some fun.