Sciforums not a good place anymore

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by MetaKron, Feb 11, 2007.

1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The more that I see a certain set of three moderators do here, the more respect that I lose for this forum. Spuriousmonkey, Skinwalker, and Bells are trying to tighten up on "woo-woo" information and links, and they're doing it in a way that no one who has alternative scientific theories can get any evidence in, unless it's in the Cesspool and the given moderator has already insulted them and been rude.

The more that I see them do, the more respect that I lose for them and for the forum. They are destroying the free exchange of information.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

yes we all feel the pressure of air above us, my veins are soon to burst too. Or maybe I am just a stone without blood in veins...or maybe I do deserve to be crushed?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i still like you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Yes, intellectual freedom and honesty are not encouraged here, so censorship results when the status quo is disturbed, nothing new.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

IAC, may I censor you please?

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Well, you should, but that doesn't explain why you think it's right to participate in a hostile takeover of these forums.

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

nobody ever said you had a freedom of speech here.
    this is a private forum.

ps: its my duty to please that booty.

11. draqon Banned Banned

it is your duty to ctrl+C and ctl+V the same statement all over again.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm sorry, I was asked to take over the biology subforum from nobody.

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Peer reviewed by card carrying Darwinites who could find no other work if they lost their current gig.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

its my duty to please that booty.

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

You stole that line from Genji.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"Claim that there is no evidence that you are a fraud, kook, net-abuser, spammer, or liar. Refer to any actual proof of this as "spinning" or "disinformation." Post messages that the system administrators of every system your opponents post from are on the verge of killing their accounts for net-abuse, and that you're going to set things right, and get rid of all these cynical lying fact-spinners by sending one final massive complaint against them all."

http://www.watchingyou.com/woowoo.html

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Metakron,

Pseudoscience exists for a reason.
    What you fail to realize is that pseudoscience used to be quite active and full of 'alternative theories'. But, most of the occupants of that forum eventually grew tired of being forced to be intellectually honest about their theories and fled to greener pastures of where sheep will graze on anything presented to them.

It's sad that you can't see the difference between science and pseudoscience. Your thread about the German court decision is a key case in point. Even when shown that the story was a complete fraud and fabrication you consistently refuse to admit it.

You have your areas of expertise, Metakron. Your contribution to Cato's microcontroller threads were outstanding.
    But, in the field of biology you are lacking. Mostly due to bias. You fall prey to 'alternative theories' with far too much eagerness.

Lack of skepticism is one thing, but you eagerly devour these things like bread and butter.

IceAge,

Don't you ever get tired of using the same old strawman/red herring?
    There is no such thing as a Darwinite.
    Darwin contributed to the theory of evolution and some of his ideas are still in use today, but he is not the end all and be all of the theory of evolution.
    Never has been.
    Never will be.

Get the wax out of your ears.

18. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

no, i stole it from Samuel L. Jackson.

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Funny inverto that you admitted there's a difference between evolution and Darwinian evolution, and since the whole world thinks that Darwinian evolution is that goo supposedly morphed into you, you've got a real selling job to do to convince them that goo to you people are not really Darwinites.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No, they don't. You think that.

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

he also thinks noah was a technophile caveman.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I know you are but what am I?

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

One of god's chosen ones.