SciForums made me more intelligent

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Anomalous, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Anomalous Banned Banned

Since I joined SciForms two years back, I feel I have become 10 times more intelligent than I used to be. Things are just too damn clear to me compared to what I used to think.

I used to doubt if there was anyone more intelligent than me, but yes people are intelligent specially in theirs fields, so much for my old arrogance after meeting brilliant people here.

I used to be very unhappy being surrounded by morons whereever I went, but SciForums taught me how to deal with morons, yes there are many morons here too, some are even Atheist.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Example : I had a doubt that god might exist, but now such things are crystal clear to me compared to initial myself.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Brilliant people.. ok there are some smart/witty ones. But.. you need to get out more.

BTW, tell me: what makes you think you are smarter than these 'morons'?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. makeshift Registered Senior Member

May I ask what removed your doubt?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EoDEo Registered Senior Member

If I were you I would reserve my right to still be skeptic about that. Few witty sayings prove nothing.

Sciforums has a way of masking things. You feel that you read something in a certain way. Your own mind adds depth to certain answers. So in thinking that there are more intelligent people here, I’d say that its you that’s having more luck with interpreting the answers you get.

Atheist has nothing to do with intelligence. Whether you allow god to be part of your life actively or not, does not undermine his presence. You are allowed to ignore anything. He calls to you, but he’s not shouting impatiently (like some other things I came to know recently). He has certain patience… compared to our lifespan it’s as close to infinity as our minds will let it. So, yeah. He is very patient. You only need to pause; clear your mind and answer the calling. Usually it’s as simple as that. He is likely to be more interested in you, than you are in him.

After the first time you feel this, the second is as simple as 123.

Doubt is very good. Doubt all- anytime, anywhere. That’s how you will always know who’s in charge. Doubt any info you ever receive. That makes a good scientist.

But don’t say that Australia doesn’t exist because you never made the effort to reach it. Make the effort! Try to reach something as hard as you can, before simply saying that there is no such place.

You know that 10.000 successful tests do not make a theory correct, but just a single, unsuccessful one throws it out the window.

And I’ve got one more analogy for you. I like this one. It can be confusing at first, but it really is that simple.

Say you have a box filled with 100 balls. 50 are red and 50 blue. What is the least amount of balls you need to take out, before you can say certainly, that you have at least one blue ball out?

Same thing but different numbers/colors. Say there are 10k balls. 9999 are black. 1 is white. What is the least amount of balls you need to take out, before you can say certainly, that you have at least one white ball out?

Really- It All depends on where you stand.
    I'd say that that is the single most important thing anyone can learn.

Understand that, and see a bit more depth to everything.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

I agree with the thread starter. I think the site is an incredible place to call home, get used to, learn how to be at a forum site, at least it in a way resembles school.

I agree with xerxes, but think aganist the previous poster that a few witty comments can make you see that there are many intellectual and witty people here, and that goes far i'd say.

9. EoDEo Registered Senior Member

Oh frakk. I didnt make my self clear enough- again. I love sciforums. They meant very much to me too. I was just trying to expand on that line of thought and engage few interested in creative way of thinking in a friendly debate. Nothing more.

I too, think that there are plenty of inteligent people here. I wouldnt bother writing this long posts if I thought no one worth wile will be reading them.

Sorry, my bad...

Cheers, friends

10. Anomalous Banned Banned

When someone makes a intelligent post and the moron either

a) Ignores it

b) Misundestands it

c) Modifies it to fit his ignorance

d) Insults him

e) Thinks the other one is a moron.

f) After admiting everthing he goes back to square one in other threads.

11. Anomalous Banned Banned

I went to this third world country to watch Genocide, 2 million people were killed,

Before each was killed I asked them, do U believe in god ?
    eachone said, "yes and he will save us"

They all are dead now.

12. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thanks, but I am not Atheist.

13. EoDEo Registered Senior Member

Every time I realize that one truly believes, my heart is joyed.

It’s just that in my experience, the more one thinks himself smart, the more he believes that there is no god. Capacity for thought does not come with a manual- so if one thinks all the time and never stops to admire the world he is given; he will never know the true depth that world holds hidden within.

You say this in such a way that it looks angry and bitter. Are you?

Do you not believe them to be saved, one way or the other?

“I told you a billion times: Don’t exaggerate!”

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

EoDEo

It's rather my bad man: i'm a furious monster with no control.
    Sciforums is a great teacher, and your post was interesting.

15. Capo Crimini The Deranged Norwegian Registered Senior Member

You contradict yourself. An intelligent person has respect for other peoples opinions. By reading your post it seems like you are incapable of giving any good reasons why atheists are "stupid", so who is the moron?

16. Anomalous Banned Banned

I am a Rationalist.

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

Rationalists are losers.

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

How come ?

19. Wounded Iraqi Muslim Banned Banned

I have seen The Simpsons , it sucks

20. Wounded Iraqi Muslim Banned Banned

SciForms could not make James R more intelligent,

21. Tnerb Banned Banned

Because James R is a rationalist.