Sciforums' Largely Annual Probably Bestest Member Thread

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by GeoffP, Aug 17, 2015.

?

Who shall you vote for as SciForums' Bestest Member for the remainder of 2016?

1. GeoffP

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. GeoffP

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

typical elementary minded shenanigans. and no one can comprehend why these science sites are cesspools only.
    shakes head.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, it's nice to have your accomplishments recognized. But: no crown? How gauche.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, at this point in the... 'voting'... I'd have to proclaim victory. A quick tally produces a finalized 100% score for... well, oh my.

Oh my I never... I never thought I could win... win again... it's just such an honour to be nominated again by the independent judge and then to win against all expectation in a freely, evenly balanced contest... Oh, of course! The traditional speech!:

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are great voters because... uh... such as some people in our nation out there don't have fingers and, um, I think that our education... like, such as East Korea and the, uh, Norway - such as - and I think that they should help our education over here in East Korea, such as like to build up our future shortcomings.

Thankyou all for voting or not such as.

There remains the question of why I seem to have thought it was 2016 - twice! - but I blame such as internet conspiracies like in the Australia.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Secular Sanity Registered Senior Member

Yep, something is fucky alright. Those bogans have me down as 88. They'll only remove it, if and when I provide them/him with the correct D.O.B.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Congrats, GeoffP. They like you, they really, really, like you.

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I served with Rottie.
    I knew Rottie.
    Rottie was a friend of mine.
    Mister, you're no Rottie...

Dywyddyr likes this.
  9. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

I’m torn.

On one hand, there is Rottie. Rottie consistenly displayed a kindness and warmth rarely encountered outside of a maximum security prison; and yet, he did not shy from confrontation in the face of egregious assaults against that-which-is-true-and-can-only-be-true-by-virtue-of-the-sheer-stupidity-of-any-and-all-other-possible-and-potential-possible-potentialities-for-truth-candidacy. Regardless as to whether or not that-which-is-true…is, in fact (i.e., in truth) true. It may very well not be.

I may well be wrong, and I probably am, but are not these qualities the very same qualities possess’d by saints; Sirs (not the rather more polite alternative to the “Hey mister” kind; rather, the George Martin variety); shaman (again, not the New-Age-Healer-and-Kinda-Rape-y-Old-White-Guy kind; but, the other more legit variety); and typically dogs with naturally upright and pointy ears, herding inclinations, rangy physiques, and clean criminal records? Who among us can stand amongst them, and not stand out like a sore thumb? (Is that an actual colloquialism , or did I get it partly, or wholly, wrong? I’m not well versed in these things.) Who?! WHO???!!!

I can see only possibility here, and that possibility is Rottie. But he does not appear on the long list of candidates. And I forgot what was supposed to be “on the other hand.” Or maybe that was it, “that” being the postulate presented in the second sentence of the present paragraph. I don’t know.

And so, I feel that I must refrain from voting in this poll. (Wait… what?! Voting in a poll—does that even make sense? Perhaps it does. Again, I simply do not know--I'm really confused about a lot of things at the moment.)

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, in fairness, they were forced to. Which is not unlike my struggle to power in East Korea. When you find something that works, stick with it. That's my motto.

Please, please! Let's have some calm!

Now, no one understands better than I the drastic improvement in charm, personality and intellect represented by any standard rotten dog over a politician.

But, er - the polls are closed, soo...

Well. This is uncomfortable.

But I will say Rottie is exactly the kind of wholesome candidate that one finds in a green, peaceful meadow, resting next to a rain-damaged Playboy.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

As a totalitarianishly-simplied candidacy list undermines your faith in institutionalised extremism, so your screed undermines the faith of those institutionalized extremists. Or something like that. Dare I say it...

It's the circle of life.

And that's what happened to democracy, children!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  12. Bells Staff Member

Oi!

First the platypus, now this..

Better be careful, mate....

We are good at deposing people..

Secular Sanity and Bebelina like this.
  13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Your thermokinetic children don't scare me. I've been deposed by the best.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, all right, I've been deposed by my people and the UN. I realize these could in no way be called the best, but they were on site at the time.