Sciforums has *seriously* fallen apart

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Clarentavious, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

During the past few months the quality of posts on sciforums has degraded enormously.

I'm not going to take my time to point out specific examples, and if I'm chided for not doing so then oh well - it should be obvious to anyone of any decency that has been on here before this crap started occurring and getting more out of hand.

The number of my responses to posts has slowed down to a crawl. I find myself generally answering technical related questions on the Nerd Culture board. I don't even bother reading threads whose titles or first posts are blatantly another "let's see who can win the first place prize of the most arrogant person on the internet"

I think we need much better moderation around here if sciforums is going to be a place of useful discussion.

Dave I hate to tell you this but I'm not going to send you any more money in the mail either for an avatar or to support this site, if what I am getting from it doesn't amount to much.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zero Banned Banned

You hopeless loser. Stop whining.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

My advise, don't blame the mods. I've not been here all that long, but I can safely tell you that sciforums goes through ups and downs like this. We just happen to be in what I would say is a very low down point. Even so, it's not the worst I think I've seen it.

Anyway, none of this is the mods fault.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh I have seen worse...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Yes, some of the acts of depravity that have occurred here would be enough to kill your grandparents under the right circumstances. It can get just that bad. This is nothing.

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

In the year I have been here I think this is the lowest era I have encountered. But I sense it will soon be on the up an up

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

I can relate to what Clarentavious is saying and agree with most of it.

I think voicing discontent helps to improve the situation.

Cheers.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Do you guy not remember the forum war we had with some conservative right wing forum?

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

when was that?

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

14. spookz Banned Banned

yet again an opportunity to rip claren another asshole
    ask not what sciforums can ........

15. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

all though not for quite the same reasons...

i have to admit the truth...
    sci has gone to shit.
    its sad.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well if its gone to shit, why don't we do something about it? like post better posts!

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

9 closed threads...NINE......damn free thoughts has turned into real shit...even for my taste

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

That's all good saying that but we can't have good posts without decent topics to post them in can we?

All we seem to have is 'Is this normal?' or 'What's your favourite...' and even 'Who is the...' threads which just beg for crap posts.

We need topics that test our mental capabilities not something about what we like or, no matter how great it is, sex.

We need more things like 'Is Royalty Worth Preserving?' or something that sparks at least semi-intellegent conversation

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I find many of the threads under the science sub-forums to be reasonable.

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yes I agree but they're full of people who actually know stuff in that area and the average Joe can't really have a say in there without getting slammed or confused. It doesn't seem right.

Edit to add: Love your sig WCF, love that episode

21. spookz Banned Banned

like i have said before our mods are useless. they only critique shit with the edit and delete button but rarely take the iniative in starting useful threads.

i cant criticize this place cos i most certainly dont do much for a decent discussion. in turn if you do not do anything either, shut the hell up waiting for others to start shit and then ragging on it is hardly a meaningful contribution.

if a model is required go over to paul's forum

has xev done anything like that? chris? raith? james? claren complains but does he start useful threads? thor complains but....? get proactive people (or shut the hell up)

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I'm not starting any threads at the moment because I know for a fact it'll dwindle into a meaningless pile of dung in no time. I do have a few threads in the workings but I am not putting them up here when no-one will take anything seriously. Makes sense does it not?

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned