Sciforums Fleet

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Thor, May 19, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

(Hmm, must have just hallucinated transporting them aboard. Ah well, such things should be expected in a hippie hallucinagenic field.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

on board of the SSS Dark Lancelot

"Captain, The Voltron and the queen mayhem are on a collision force. The Admiral has abandonned the Queen Mayhem"

"We cannot lose the queen Mayhem. That piece of rubble was a symbol even before I joined the academy. we need to destroy the Voltron Unit before it gets too close. how far are the preparations of the Martyr?"

"all systems go" Answered Ann, fearing that they had to lose the SSS Martyr already. She knew it was a formidable weapon. But she knew also that they couldn't afford to lose it.

She was not a state of the art ship. But she wasn't worth less. She was the only ship equiped with two cores, testifying of her double origin Human and Scerlag. she only needed two crewmembers to be at full capacity. But had plenty of room for marines. And she never had to fight if the captain didn't want to. She go from impulse to warp 9.5 in 3 seconds. And that was her greatest asset.

"Dammit! Open a com-line to the Martyr"

"aye sir" Qiu, the com-officer said

"Allright men, here is the deal. The Votron Unit has to be destroyed before ik gets even near to the Queen Mayhem. You know what you need to do... and.. men...I am proud of you...we all are"

"we need to get out of here now sir. The wake might have some unforseen consequences" said Sergei

"You are right. The Captain Silverback to get his ship out of there. Is the Queen Mayhem at safe sistance?"

"Barely sir"

"Lets tow her away, Ann. Qiu warn all other ships to get as far as they can from the Voltron Unit."

"Aye sir"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

on board of the SSS dark Lancelot

"Sir We have got the Queen Mayhem on tractor beam lock. Initiating maxim impulse speed"

"We are moving too slow. Ask for assistance from other vessels. How far is the Martyr?"

on board of the Martyr

"couse laid in"

"ready to go to warp 9.5"

"second core initiating"

"ready"

"ready"

"so this is it"

That is when the AI took over. How could one trust a human in this position?

Count down to warp

"20.19.18....

"A ship is leaving is leaving the Queen Mayhem"

Ask for its support, We need to pull her out of here"

Guys, I recommend you get as far from the V.Unit as you can...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Captains Log
    SSS Wayfarer
    Captain Dreamwalker

We received a communicé to distance ourself from the Voltron unit,
    the SSS Dark Lancelot has a plan to destroy the Scerlag ship it seems.

The Wayfarer has taken a great amount of damage as the Queen Mayhem
    unleashed a furious missile attack. The shield-systems were nearly blown,
    our outer armor is damaged in a few places. All scientific outer arrays were
    burned away by the explosions. Nearly all our non-combat sensors are
    destroyed.

My A.I. states that despite the heavy damage to our normal equippement
    all combat relevant systems and arrays are still at 99% functionality.
    The missile systems are still online. The anti-matter warheads are armed...

I hope the plan of the SSS Dark Lancelot is successful...

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The Queen of Mayhem and the Voltron unit were approaching each other fast. Hal had loaded a copy of its personality on the 'SSS Wasp Factory', but a residual core of its mind was left behind on the Queen of Mayhem. This mind was stripped of most auxillary emotion cores. What was left behind was a combat mind core.

Once within range it unleashed hell. The powerful MAPB cannon, capable of ripping the surface of a planet apart started its deadly supercharged plasmabolts. These bolts were impressive with a size of a medium corvette. Secondary railgun, plasma, and x-ray laser turrets opened up. If there was sound in space this barrage would have been deafening.

The Combat AI Core noticed some interference with the trajectory of the Queen of Mayhem. It compensated for it by realigning its main engines capable of moving earth's moon at lightspeed.

The Voltron unit returned fire. The direct line between the Queen of Mayhem and the Voltron unit was lit up with flares, beams and white hot rail projectiles, interspaced by giant beads of plasma.

Hell was indeed unleashed.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Captains Log
    SSS Wayfarer
    Captain Dreamwalker

A.I: Captain, the Queen Mayhem just engaged the Voltron unit with a
    full scale attack.
    Me: Fire every single missile left on this ship at the Voltron unit.
    Are we in range for any other weapons?
    A.I: Yes Captain, we can still use our railguns and our front lasers, without
    leaving our security distance.
    Me: The "normal" laser?
    A.I: No, the special ones. The standart fleet laser is only low distance.
    Me: Fire everything that can hit the Voltron unit.

I can not see the Queen Mayhem, the voltron unit is between our two ships.
    All the defensive fire of the Scerlag ship is directed to the Queen Mayhem,
    perhaps we can do some damage.

10. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

on board of he Dark Lancelot

"release the Queen Mayhem and get us out of here" she was too powerfull

"Let's hope she is not too close" said Ann reassuringly

"let's Hope so"

Meanwhile the Martyr was about a kilometer far from the Voltron Unit. I was impressive how it dwarfed the Martyr. But that was good, that meant they couldn't miss. It needed to be a direct shot. no misses we alowed, specially since the shields of the Voltron Unit were extarordinary. If those shields were effective at the time of the blast the Voltron Unit might survive. But the crew of the Martyr was dead anyway. they could not survive in interflux between the two fully active cores. so they had to make the best of it.

"I can't take this anymore" said the first pilot while the second had nothing to say.

At that very moment a missle salvo of the Queen Mayhem battered the shields of the V.Unit. It disabled them for a couple of second.

"I won't wait for a countdown to determine the way I die" and with that he slammed the button that initiated the procedure.

It all happens in less than a second. The martyr rams the Voltron Unit with a warp speed over the 9.0. With on board two unstable warpcores. The vessel had become a 300 m long projectile superloaded with energy that could warp space.

A flash and then nothing...

Some of the missiles lanched by the Queen Mayhem still wandered, aimlessly, through the silent space.

...it was a peacefull moment.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Rear Admiral Spuriousmonkey
    SSS Wasp Factory

'Admiral, the Voltron unit is destroyed.'

'WHAT? HOW CAN THAT BE? Are you sure about this?

'Oh yes admiral' the AI said in almost an irritated manner, 'it seems to have been rammed by an unknown ship with unstable warp cores creating an immense Gryson field in local space. Shall we reclaim the Queen of Mayhem?'

'Is the old lady still functional Hal?'

'Some severe damage but nothing that the repair drones can't handle.'

'No, we remain on the SSS Wasp Factory. We don't deserve to command the old lady. You did load project 'Ultima' on board of the Wasp factory didn't you Hal?'

'Of course Admiral, but I erased the log entry in the Queen of Mayhem. Nobody should know of its existence.'

'And my daughter?'

'Unknown admiral, I will send queries to the ships currently in local space.'

'very well...I could use a cup of tea'

'I'm not you fucking servant Drone Admiral. I am a state of the art AI if you don't mind'

My god, the personality of the ship's AI was really going into an unknown and rather undesirable direction. I had to visit a space station with AI Psych medical facilities sooner than later. It was pertinent not to take more risks with project 'Ultima' on board.

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

On board the SSS Wayfarer:

A.I: System failure.... misjudged the blast radius.... Captain, better...abandon ship.....multiple hull breaches.....life support off-line.... mainframe
    shutting down....reactors breached...engine disfunctional..............communication offline......shutting down..good bye captain.........

Shit, I hope the damn life pod is still working. This is not good....

Captains log
    SSS Wayfarer
    Captain Dreamwalker

The Wayfarer is about to disintegrate.
    The captain is leaving the ship with the
    life pod. Voltron unit was destroyed.
    End of log.

As I drifted through space in my life pod, I see the destabilized reactors
    of the Wayfarer explode....
    Fuck!

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Captain Dreamwalker reporting to fleet command:

The research compartment of the Wayfarer that was dispatched before the
    battle has secured my life pod. We are now making our way to the nearest
    space station.

I am hereby sending request for a new ship.

14. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

"To all friendly ships. This is the captain of the Dark Lancelot"

"This has gotten too messy. We were counting on S.Fleet but they don't seem in a shape to withstand a Scerlag attack"

"Can they hear me, Qiu?"

"We need more ships"

"They should be able to sir. We are log onto the E.S.T.N"

Well it is surely not functioning as it should

"To all friendly ships, This Is the captain of the Dark Lancelot. we came with a warning. A Scerlag Fleet is on her way to earth. We bumped into you while pursuing them. It is safe to assume they have already passed through this sector. We need your assistance to stop them."

The Scerlag fleet cannot be stop easily. It is less powerfull than the V.Unit but they are much smart, able of anticipation and improvisation. And their always attack in overwhelming numbers.

"Qiu, I want another message send out; offer assistanve to anyone who needs it" said the Captain at the a moment where everyone else on the bridge knew that they themselves needed assistance.

Our Journey was a difficult one. travelling for weeks through enemy territories. We have lost More than half the fleet. With the only consolation that we have been able to salvage the crews of the lost ships in time.

"Adil, fleet status" the captain said, hlaf expecting the answer would be nothing was left.

"All seven ships are intact. The Gotham night and the Sky raven have depleted their reserves. They will have to be resupplied. The Three other vessels have already started sending supplies over to them. In the end all our ships have minimal supplies. We need new supplies sir." The tension on thebridge cleared for a moment. It was good for moral that there were no fatal casualties.

"We could salvage the Mayhem Queen. She seems well supplied." said Sergei, whose first name was Piotr. Again a flicker of hope could be sensed. throughtout the entire fleet this time. But the captain and his more fashioned staff new that the Queen Mayhem belonged to the Admiral. All use of it would be temporary until he show up to reclame it.

"Good. Ann, tell the Gotham night to dispatch teams to board the Queen Mayhem. Start with one shuttle, her security system may be still active." the Captain Said. But he couldn't shake the feeling of time being wasted. "Fleet this the captain. We are have to make contact with Sciforums Fleet Command. Will will rendez-vous with you in 16 hours. I want the fleet ready by then. maintain deepspace comm." "Ann, plot a course to the closest station on our way to earth. Warp 8.5"

Many things need to be done. And I can't do any of them unless I reach Sciforums Command.

on board of the Gotham Knight

"Allright poeple, You heard the man, get started. For all we know the Scerlag might jump on us any second know." Captain X18 said. of course he didn't say anything new but those few sentences needed to be said anywasy. "Send the Sky raven to the otherside of Aqua Vitae. Tell the other ships to regroup around the Mayhem Queen" commanded X18 the brilliant orphan that growed in a human/A.I. colony. Since he had little experince in interacting with other specimens of his species, he was thrilled at the prospect of having to interact with them as intensely as a captain does.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Fleet Command to Captain Dreamwalker:

Because of the coming threats, we won´t give you command of one of our
    scout and research ships. You will command a battle ship. The details are
    following....

Captains Log
    Captain Dreamwalker
    SSS Reaper

I have assumed command of the Nemesis class frigate SSS Reaper.
    I have to check the payload of my new vessel.

Ship: The Reaper is a Nemesis class frigate, it is a very fast, maneuverable and heavily armed battleship. The technology is not top notch, but it is now upgraded with some of the alien technology used in the former SSS Wayfarer.
    Mass: 200000 tons; Length: 70 meter
    Crew: fully functional with one person and the A.I., normally manned by 20
    crewmembers. 25 is the maximum capacity.
    Armament:
    - Multiple missile batteries, maximum load up to 240 high yield nuclear warheads.
    - 1 missile battery equipped with 20 EMP missiles
    - 6 forward railgun turrets; 4 aft railgun turrets
    - 20 laser turrets (now being updated with newer technology)
    - 4 torpedo launchers, currently loaded with shiphunter torpedos, capable of
    high warp speed
    - multiple anti-missile laser turrets
    - 4 frontside fixed plasma cannons
    - 4 frontside phaser turrets
    - 2 backside phaser turrets
    - 2 experimental double barreled anti-matter turrets
    - 1 EMP generation array (only low distance, all ship systems have to be shut down to prevent damage to the own ship)
    Other equippement:
    - Cloaking device
    - Mark 6 ECM

Hull: 4 meter thick titanium armor, now being coated with a new alloy. (The formula was discovered by the SSS Wayfarer.)
    Shield: 5 Overlapping 1 GW "protector" shields

All systems are currently checked and upgraded.
    The ship is ready to depart soon and join up with the rest
    of the fleet.

16. Icarus Wings Registered Member

Assuming it's not too late to enter in a ship:

The S.S.S. Daedalus
    (Daedalus was the name of Icarus's father, who made the wax wings)

It is a mid-sized cruiser. It uses 4 standard-issue thrusters, along with a warp-generator for long distance travel.

It sports 32 mid-sized missle pods mounted at equal intervals on the sides of the ship. In the ammo storage bays is enough ammo for 60 missle volleys from each pod.
    On the bottom of the ship is the primary weapon, a gigantic 1200mm rail-cannon. It uses giant electro-magnets to propel a liquid metal slug at great speeds. One shot from the rail-cannon is enough to disable most ships, although it drains an enourmous ammount of energy from the ship's reserves. The ship's ammo bays hold 35 solid slugs and 20 shreader spread-shot rounds.
    It also has 2 rear-mounted jurry-rigged mining lasers. While not very effective in actual combat, they work well when covering an escape through warp-space. To round out its arsenal, it carries 4 front-mounted plasma cannons, which fire super-heated plasma at 1 burst every three seconds.

The ship has below-average defences, with added armor plating around the ammo and fuel storage areas. However, to offset this disadvantage, the ship sports a highly advanced shielding and ECM system. It also has a fairly outdated cloaking system. While quite effective, it is easily dissabled by ECM messures. it has average speed, and is equiped with one of the most advanced AI mainframes currently available.

It can be crewed by about 80 trained individuals with the AI, or 120 without the AI. The bridge is located in the center of the ship, for maximum protection. Tactical data is presented on several holo-panels and an all-around veiw of the surroundings is presented as a hologram 360 degrees around each of the seats.

It is a relatively new ship, having only seen a few battles with smaller and less experianced ships. Most of the crew is thus eager to see some real combat.

The ship also carries a small Longsword Class Gunboat dubbed the "SSS Claymore" that can be delployed as an escape pod or landing craft. The Claymore sports a single heavy mining laser and 5 mid-sized missle pods.
    The small ship's ammo bays only hold enough ammuntion for 15 missle volleys.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

(The correct prefix would be SSS not USS since these are Sciforum Space Ships.

just as information)

18. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

Dreamwalker, a what space station are you stationed?

19. Icarus Wings Registered Member

Whoops, sorry. Any more info I need to post about the ship?

20. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Deep Space 9? .... ah, perhaps not.

I´ll make it "Scifleet deep space array #13".

@ Icarus
    If you want...
    But this is alright I think.

21. Icarus Wings Registered Member

Allright. I was just asking 'cause it seemed like a lot of the other ships on the site had a lot more details in them.

Whatever.

PEACE!

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

So, the hallucinagenic field affected nobody but my ship, huh? Strange. Hmmm, maybe instead of psychedelic hallucinations it gave the others hallucinations of victory while the Voltron unit slipped away to repair itself.... Beware SciTrek II The Wrath of Voltron.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Icarus,

Make up as much as you want. I still haven't got to the details of my ship. Probably never will either.