sciforums continued

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by spuriousmonkey, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Darn, did I ever do that? I don't recall it, but if I "followed you around" it was probably because you initiated points that grabbed my interest; I only "follow around" people that say something I want to debate on.:shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Of course, of course.

Quite so, and of course I do have seen people being totally broken by groupleaders demanding a higher impact where in reality there was just no possibility for a higher one.

You are always so reasonable and disarming. Are you related to ghandi?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The way I see it, moderators want better forums? Well then they should contribute in their own forums and lead by example (moi included), lead the discussion, so to say.

Exactly, and whats the point? Even negative data is data and time and effort goes into every experiment, ya? I've actually abandoned a manuscript, I got so frustrated with all the do's and don'ts.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No I'm actually pulling out my hair by the handfuls and I've ground my teeth to the roots, but fortunately on the internet I can appear very zen.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Do you see any prestigious papers here?
    Do you need Spurious to explain to you the difference between Sciforums and Science?

So you agree that we should provide long lists of references for all of our posts? Bibliographies? Methods? Etc.?

You do realize that this is a discussion forum, not a scientific journal, don't you?

And, there are times when we know things without having our 'notes' in order. That is, we don't have references for every little tidbit of information echoing around beneath our arachnoid spaces.

Must we then remain silent for lack of reference?

Because this is a discussion forum and you should be free to choose what you wish to discuss. If someone asks you a question which you don't care to go into, then you should be free to decline comment. To be penalized for declining comment is... stupid.

8. Bells Staff Member

No SM. I gave you an infraction for acting like a turd. You pushed and pushed until you got just what you wanted. You would have done the same, had you been in my position (and have done in the not too distant past in case you have forgotten).

What in the hell is the matter with you?

You are making a bad situation 100 times worse. You are placing many others in very bad positions. Cut it out already.

And grow the hell up.

What the....?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Keep going with stuff like this and I'll be chasing you down with a pitchfork. Some of us happen to like open discussion. We are not a "nation" Avatar. We are a forum on the internet.

-----------------------------------------------

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

the point i was trying to make is that you do not see the "fuck you dickhead" in journals such as "nature". do you really need to call valich a "dumbfuck"?
    please do not sic spurious on me, i don't feel like becoming [ENC]charred remains[/ENC].

yes, when it's requested.
    well not exactly the way you put it, a nice link or two would suffice.

yes, i do

a damn good point vert, i'm glad you made it.
    you must admit though, unreferenced material cannot be anything more than opinion.

no, but be prepared to be shot down by a well armed opponent.

okay, there is a god, i have proof, want me to show it to you? fuck off.
    not to be confrontational vertie but i hope i made my point.

maybe this can be solved by the nature of the first, or opening, post of a thread. if the opening post implies a serious subject matter then the thread is a alpha thread.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Come now, you can't be serious. Spurious is throwing a whiny, sniveling tantrum, so he's getting treated as such. No big woop.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Perhaps it would be more useful to address the the issue than exacerbate it.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

i was halfway into a movie called "platoon" and decided to check out this thread.
    a good example of an off topic post.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm just half seriously teasing spuriousmonkey with USSR time slogans, since he thinks that Latvians are "just some sort of Russians", and that the mods are nazis, and I didn't want to disappoint him. Maybe I got over the top, but it was fun.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  15. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

The insults in journals are much more sophisticated, but there nonetheless.

Please provide a reference proving this statement.

How about it you just type "ALPHA" in the subject heading?

16. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.