science vs religion...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by mario, Sep 5, 2004.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Does it matter? I've used pages from all the holy books as toilet paper. Just to give some credibility to them you know.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

Pure religion

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

whats pure about religion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

well whats pure then, come on answer.

8. VitalOne Banned Banned

It's a shame that science and religion are separate enemies in the west. In the east science and religion are the same. They're both the search for the truth.

Eastern philosophy and concepts easily fit into or compliment modern science. According to the prophetic scriptures, in this age men's intelligence will be diverted to atheism, and almost everyone will be gross materialists.

There's only one true religion, the religion of the truth.

9. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

why do you think science and religion are enermies, religion may thing science is it's enemy, after all it's tried to curtail the advances of science for millennia, but science does'nt think religion is it's enemy, it does'nt consider religion a threat, anyway science does'nt have enemies, it only ever had oppressor's.
    sorry I dont think so, one is the search for the objective truth, the other for the truth in fantasy.
    "There are those in the know, and there are those who believe they know."M*W
    how so, you got to be kidding.
    where in the bible does it literally say that.
    your making it up as you go along.
    and when you find a truthfull religion, I will have been dead for billions and billions of years, dont waste your life searching for something that does'nt exist.

10. VitalOne Banned Banned

religion and science were originally the samething, the search for the truth.

No, they're both the search for the objective truth. In the East, God is the Absolute Truth. The causeless cause, unphysical, unmanifest, source of existence.

I never said in the Bible. I can point out an Eastern Scripture that says exactly that.

"O King, in the age of Kali people's intelligence will be diverted by atheism, and they will almost never offer sacrifice to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the supreme spiritual master of the universe. Although the great personalities who control the three worlds all bow down to the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, the petty and miserable human beings of this age will not do so." - Srimad Bhagavatam (12.3.43)

All these atheists rising is only fulfilling the scripture.

I never meant a truthful "religion". Whatsoever the truth is, it is the true religion. Whatever the absolute truth, that is the true religion.

11. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

but the arn't now, science has seen the light and has been able to follow it's own path, no longer shackled by religion.
    there are no absolutes, and god is a fantasy, I dont give a monkeys f**k , what thay believe, god is subjective imagination.
    how ancient is the aledged scripture, it look like a recent statement made, by some egoistic self rightious
    guru, and in arguement to that statement, mans intellignce is not diverted, but enlightened. they will certainly never pay homage to a fantasy, thus they will never be converted, unless they recieve a blow on the head, that is.
    if you never meant a truthful religion, why are you still saying "it is the true religion, that is the true religion." no religion is true/truthful., it is an oxymoron, religions are based on fantasy/faith.

12. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

this is what you imagine god to be. what you imagine is not the truth.

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

ellion,

What do you imagine god to be?

14. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i dont.

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

This implies that you know what god is.

16. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

it does,
    but it is not so simple.

knowing implies having knowledge of something, this only works in the arena of mind.

also to know what something is implies that that something has a specific defintition, to define god as some one thing or collection of things is to place limitations on god.

17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Of course assuming all the while that god is not merely a construct of the human mind in response to the complexity and unpredictability of nature and the fear of the unknown.

18. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

of course.

19. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

I dont imagine a god to be anything, it does not exist, it would be infantile.
    correct what I imagine is just that my imagination, my imagination could not possibly be the truth, as it only fantasy, as is yours.

20. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

you imagine that god does not exist. your imagination is not true.

imagination is a creative function of the mind. imagination cannot be "the truth" but truth and imagination can confirm each other.

either you imagine god does not exist, or you have a some concrete confiramtion that god does not exists. which is it do you imagine or do you have that elusive peice of evidence of the non existence of god. what is it? or are you really just imagining this after all?

i dont know why i am wasting my time with this pathetic argument. it bores me shitless!

would it be infantile to think that what you imagine is the truth? but this is exactly what you have done, is it not? or do you have that piece of information that confirms "god does not exist"

*yawn*

21. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

no, imagination is subjective, I can be objectively sure god does not exist, unless of course it wants to show it's self in the real world.
    I've already agreed to this I quote "my imagination could not possibly be the truth, as it only fantasy, as is yours."
    not possible they can live a long side of each other, but truth can confirm that your imagination, is your imagination. but your imagination cant confirm that the truth is the truth, it cannot confirm anything.
    no, imagination is subjective, I can be objectively sure god does not exist, the evidence is there for all to see it's blatently obvious, unless of course you've imagined it's not obvious.
    Mt 5:29 if thy eye offends, then pluck it out.
    are you tired, or are you tired of talking crap, if so go to sleep.

22. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

He already showed in the first century.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  23. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

Ask Medicine Woman, what's pure.