Science of Water Memory?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by KUMAR5, Nov 15, 2020.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

OK, yes. Fair enough.

Water, on the other hand, does not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This is word salad woo. There is no science here.

Reporting this thread for being in the wrong forum; it belongs in Pseudoscience.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

BFT!! It will though make someone happy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

No. Water does not retain a "molecular memory." That is woo.
    I did not say it had no relevance. I said you could not see a one-atom pixel - just as one molecule of a drug in a liter of water will not affect you.
    Woo.
    Of course. Now imagine you put a molecule of water on his face. He would react - not at all. Homeopathy is a similar concentration.

8. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Water as a structural or chemical change may not have such memory but it can have due to presence of other substsnces( active and glass sheded molecules). Not so?

9. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Who imagined an apple falling woo will make gravitational theory. Probably who eould had thought that a slap in reaction to slap will make newton's 3rd law of motion. As such many current woo can become science on better or absolute and complete understsnding of science.
    Since all these discussions in this tooic is meant for science, it is very much suitable in science forum.

Variations in effects are not only depend on quality it also depend on quantity. One seed or one small branch can become big tree but planting already big tree can not become more bigger.

10. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Why can't there be some structural change in water due to consistent oresence of molecules of other substances (active n glass ) ? Eventhough no structural or chemical change happen, water can still act as a carrier or vehicle of separated molecules. Just dissolve some salt in watet and than dry it. Will you not note some difference in properties of solution and of dried salt?

Moreover quantity along with equality also matter for getting variations in effects. Seed or a small cutting of a tree can matter more for the growth of a big tree than planting big tree itself. We need to decrease the quantity to get the growth or rejenuation. We should understand propagating of impacts on lower stimulation by body systems.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Because water has no memory.
    Sure. The salt will dissolve in water. You can then distill the water to remove it. You then have salt and water again. The water does not "remember" the salt.
    That is biology, not chemistry. Water is not alive.
    If you think an apple falling is "woo" then you are insane.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Not so.

My living room has dust bunnies. That does not mean my living room has a "memory" of dust.

Again:

You want to apply science, but then you use woo phrases like 'memory'.

Which way do you want to go? Science or woo? You must pick one.

13. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Water here will not effect but act like a vehicle or carrier for dissolved molecule to mantain a certain concentration and separation. I am not sure about structural or momentum changes in water molecule on coming into consitsnt close contact with other substsnces.
    Non biological sibstsnces can also have memory eg computer memory.

No I am just saying anytging declared as woo today can become science tommorow by new understsnding because science is still not absolute and complete. Hence we should not leave the hopes esp for mass existing things.

14. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

If your room do not have memory of dust, why you clean and paint it again and again?
    I am looking science in so tsken as woo by mistake. Previously, it was very much anticipated by science n skeptic community that higher potencies are nothing other than plain water. Buy at least in this topic it could be justified thst few molecules of active and other substsnces can also remain present in all potencies overtiding Avogdro number. Effective or not is a different topic.

Btw, do you endorss that science as on date is or can be absolute and complete? If not, nothing can be stamped as woo.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yes. You can dissolve things in water.
    Apparently.
    Of course. A simple pair of dice can "remember" what side they land on.
    Absolutely. I am only saying that homeopathy is woo.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

17. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

I know it in sense of, for every action there is equal and opposite reaction. So whethet slap in return of slap do not justify it?

18. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

Whatever, memory of water is there or not but molecular presence is justified, digging water memory issue has no sense. Water memory digging was only important when molechular presence was not justified. Okay?

If we say that memory is limited to biological subjects, whole global modern or even evolutionary system will fail.

When molecular presence is justified, homeooathy now can not be tsken as woo. Simply it need to be regularized in science, which their community may not prefer.

19. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Homeopathy is woo. We have explained to you why. It has been thoroughly tested and debunked. There is no water memory.

DaveC426913 likes this.
  20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Newton's 3rd law (or any other of his) has nothing whatsoever to do with a returned slap.

21. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

The first issue to take it as woo was its remedies were taken as plain water. But it is jistified as false in this topic Further looking at my personal n practical observation of syrup, I also perceive that there would had been sufficient quantity of molecules. Othereise how could I sense those? Since this being quite aromatic, I could easily recognize it but I may not apparently recognize other non aromatic ones inspite of their presence. Probably a senstive sniffer dog can recognize. Otherwise anyone can try this experiment with that syrup or take a strong perfume bottle and use it by repeated filling and empitying of water. Go beyond Avogodro number. Just see if still smell is there or not. It is quite easy

22. KUMAR5 Valued Senior Member

I tend to base on sense instead of language or formal presentation. Slaping in reaction to slap justify example of newtons 3rd law of motion.

23. exchemist Valued Senior Member

This also has been explained to you. If you can still smell it, you have not washed all the molecules away. There is no need to invoke woo.