Science doesn't give us reality

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by amansour, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mtf Banned Banned

Oh well. In modern culture, we are (implicitly) taught to become foreigners to our own inner experience, and instead to rely on third parties to tell us how we feel and what to do.
    This, I think, is the real danger -- becoming alienated to one's own body and experience.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

I'm surprised that you were able to pick that up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

Or just not be a jerk. Based on your postings here, you may have that sort of a problem.
    Many are. In fact, every person who has ever been on antidiabetics has died (or will die.) Of course, that's true of everyone.

Evidence-based medicine does not guarantee good outcomes. All it can say is that it's been shown to give you a much better chance at successful treatment than doing nothing.
    Yep. A close relative of mine felt lousy on lasics. He'd stop taking them for a while and feel great! He wouldn't have to pee every hour and he felt like he had more energy. At least until the increased fluid load started causing problems for his heart and lungs. Then he'd be back in the ER, where he would get another lecture on lasics.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.