Science and Technology Will Extinguish Humanity

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by hujiaqi_beijing, Jul 25, 2009.

1. DRZion Theoretical Experimentalist Valued Senior Member

Absolutely not. I have stepped away from the precarious path of greed. Before such an organism is engineered, every precaution must be taken to ensure it never gets out into the environment.

If a bacteria's only source of energy is heat (and of course structural nutrients), it will multiply like crazy. With 10^18 microbes, evolution is imminent and there will be no single virus that can eliminate this pestilence. It would destroy the earth's ecosystem, either by eliminating all usable nutrients, or locking all of the earth's heat in biomass. . .

On the other hand, it would be a never ending source of biomass, protein and fuel.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

CLICK ME!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hujiaqi_beijing Banned Banned

Thank you for your suggestions. I will look into all of them and I am very happy to hear your thoughts. The reason why there is a problem with my link is because I am a new user here, and the forum doesn't let me post an actual link. I had to alter it using hyphens instead of periods in order to post it here. However, I am not sure why it is still under construction. It has been working for me, so I hope other people are able to access it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I notice you have chosen to completely ignore the points I made in an earlier post. Do you only welcome comments from those who agree with you?

8. zaindapain Registered Member

this is a vital controversy !

but i couldnt agree more with ophiolite

and by the way, as long as religion exisits, i dont think thats ever gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Multiple post fail.

10. hujiaqi_beijing Banned Banned

I read all comments. Many of your points are correct; they will help me in editing the article. Some of the errors are also due to translation from Chinese to English. If anyone wishes to contact me directly, feel free to email me.