Science and Pseudoscience - A Primer

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by James R, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Vern Registered Senior Member

Hi Billy T; that's a very understandable mistake as that is the case for LC circuits.

I thought you would have forgotten the exchange by now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Under the current rules, you wouldn't have learned of your misconception. The original post wouldn't have survived long enough for a comment

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

It is great to see even a discussion about the merits of rational exploration of sets of facts, the established theory espoused, the further implications, and even outlandish possibilities if such and such turned true.

This is the process of science. Only entrance qualification is a lust to learn.

Oh I know there are people who know nil and postulate everything, but these people offer "someone" an exercise in debunking /learning/teaching logic, or presenting facts that the original poster was ignorant about... great work !

The mere fact that a poster is at a science forum implies they are interested, and it should be the forums delight to discuss and correct, or get really excited and delve into places no man has gone before.

Such a forum is a delight, but basically with the mod attitude here, this place is a drag, the pits.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

That is not in dispute.

This is.
    If these alleged posts are real, then why don't you post them?

Do you expect anyone to buy a pig in a poke? It seems to me you're afraid to let the cat out of the bag.

Open the bag. Show us your records.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Same point I made in post 80. Cangas, the ball is very definitely in your court. Hit it back or apologize to Pete.

8. Tom2 Registered Senior Member

Pete, this is ridiculous. It's obvious why he doesn't post them: It's because they don't exist. You know it, I know it, he knows it, and so does everyone else who has followed the discussion. By asking him to explain why he says these things, you're giving him way too much credit. Worse, you're actually encouraging him in this behavior by treating his idiotic claim as though it had some merit.

There is not a single good reason to ask him why he believes this, and every reason in the world to tell him to knock off the bullshit.

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

To James R:
    If Cangas does neither of the things I suggest in my bold of post 84, I think there should be some serious consequences. Pete is in an awkward position to apply them, but you are not.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

MODERATOR MESSAGE:

Cangas:

You have 1 week to either produce the relevant posts in the current thread, or to apologise.

Failing that, you will be banned from sciforums for 1 month.

No discussion will be entered into.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator message:

Time is up. No response from CANGAS.

Therefore, CANGAS is banned from sciforums for 1 month.