Science already knows the magic of gravity

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by theorist-constant12345, Feb 25, 2015.

1. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

We all know hot air rises then sinks again when the energy is dispersed.

Ok we will place the two hot air balloons on some scales and observe the work, one with the energy being added becomes under less Newtons of force affectively becoming massless to gravity.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Correct.
    I'm thinking in a rational scientific sense.

This is why I keep pointing out that you haven't learned anything.
    The air in the balloon does NOT weigh less.
    It does NOT become lighter.
    No mass "becomes lighter" by adding energy.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

The air in a balloon when heating expands, the energy in the air of the air in the balloon counter acts gravity and the mass of the balloon and basket.

If two identical balloons are on a set of scales both showing 1 kg masses, when the balloon with the energy added rises, it is no longer at an equilibrium of mass compared to the still 1 kg mass on the scales.

Air rises with adding energy without the balloon, the evidentially is an experiment that shows premise for a debate of the balloon on the scales and balloon experiment.

The hot air counteracting the mass of the basket and balloon opposed to gravity.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No.

You're talking crap again.
    WTF does " no longer at an equilibrium of mass" mean?

No it doesn't show "premise for a debate of the scales and balloon experiment".
    This, again, shows that you do not understand science.
    Science has a perfectly valid (and rational) explanation of why a hot air balloon rises.
    The fact that you ignore/ dismiss it shows A) you don't know what you're talking about and B) that (contrary to your prior claim) you DO deny scientific facts.

Why do you persist in writing convoluted sentences?
    Do you think it lends some air of authority or knowledgeability to your posts?

9. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Your doing it again, and not thinking about what I have just give you.

If you put two identical 1 kg balloons on a set of scales, the scales will read 1 kg which is equal to 9.81n of gravity force, you can then add energy to the one of the balloons, the amount of energy added in joules to make the scales on one of the balloons equal 0kg, is equal to gravity and mass energy coefficient.

What you add in energy is what gravity is extracted , a critical balance of something should show the energy amount lost to gravity of the objects mass.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong.
    I have thought about it.
    YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Word salad. Again.

No.
    You can't "extract" gravity.

What?
    This is meaningless.

Kristoffer likes this.
  11. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Not extracting gravity, gravity extracts energy, pulls on other energies of matter,

You thought about it and instantly concluded it is wrong although the experiment I just offered would show the idea and also give a result.

You are critically balancing the balloon on the scales to gravity,

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

... okay, if I get what you are saying... you are saying that energy has mass...

Take two identical double-A batteries, and put them on a scale - they should be equal in weight.
    Discharge one of them, and fully charge the other.

You are proposing that the one that is fully charged should weigh more?

to answer that, let me propose a counter question:

You have two identical boxes of equal volume and mass, whose sides are made of mirrors facing inward. The one box is full of photons, which cannot escape due to the mirrored surface inside the box. The second is devoid of photons.

Which box would weigh more?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/weight-of-a-battery.105483/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then why did you write "What you add in energy is what gravity is extracted"?

No it doesn't.

No.

I thought about and decided it's wrong because it makes no sense.
    In short I decided it's wrong because ... it's wrong.
    What, in your opinion, is wrong with the current scientific explanation?

You only think that because you don't understand the ACTUAL reason.

Balls.

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Look TC you are becoming a random word generator again.

Here is the deal, if you add energy to an air molecule the molecule will increase in mass. It will not be measurable. A hot air balloon rises because the increase in energy assuming it is thermal energy will cause the vibrational KE to increase, this increase in KE will cause the molecules to be farther apart. That all means that the heated air will be less dense and will rise through the cooler more dense air. It is a matter of bouancy of the bulk air.

You always claim you KNOW current science but you prove you do not by what you write.

15. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Not quite, mass has energy, energy that is always a positive and minus state, but the two combined make an opposing and attractive force. that is equal unless becoming offset.

You do not have the technology to record any change on something with so little mass as a battery, however if you leave your battery standing, the energy from that battery in time will be lost also.

You can however alternative record the effects by heating metal and the metal having a mass increase, the mass increases because the rate of exchange of energy from the metal is increased to the larger body.

What you put in gets sucked out a greater rate.

air expands, losing mass and density and having the opposite effect.

16. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

I put the is in and was not needed.

do you not understand critical balancing?

17. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Prove I do not by writing in psuedo section looking for an answer science dos not have, so your knowledge can give us the answer can it, please give me the answer save me wasting my time.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You would be hard pressed to find ANY scale capable of reading a discernible difference in mass when you heat metal up

Nobody does... what is "critical balancing"...?

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What?
    English please.

Since the amount of energy transferred to the metal from the battery will be the same (or somewhat less) what makes you think that you can measure the mass increase in the metal if you can't measure it in the battery?

What?

It does NOT lose mass.

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What?

Since it appears to be a term made up by you then I'll freely admit that I don't.

21. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/products/view/critical-balancing-kit

A buoyancy trick

''A simple but effective edge used by anglers fishing for pressured, rig-shy carp. Using the rubber gripped punch remove a central core from the hookbait of your choice. Insert foam and trim to achieve the required buoyancy, adjusting for the desired sink rate after the hookbait is mounted on the rig.''

22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I see words but detect no meaning.
    HOLY CRAP!!!! You are correct a battery will discharge over time. Wow this is sucha n infrequent occurrance.
    And we are back to meaningless drivel.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Correct.
    Incorrect. If your balloon was "full" of a hard vacuum it would work even better.
    If both balloons are showing a WEIGHT of 1kg, neither will rise.
    Incorrect. If you had a rigid envelope for your balloon, and you heated the air inside and did not allow it to expand, it would not float.
    Experiments such as the ones described above would prove you wrong.
    No, the greater weight of the cool air around the balloon provides the lighter balloon with buoyancy. It's the same reason that boats float.