Sci Forums - Name that Star!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Theoryofrelativity, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Roman Banned Banned

Oh, it's been awhile since I've butchered a post like this, but here gooooes:
    water would tell you that that's just your way of setting yourself apart from other people. "I'm me because I'm unique, I'm special, and this is what makes me special." More delusions.

I didn't name me. Hey, who's the musician here? And I know musicians, especially the type that have guitars and say shit like "I wish I could gouge my eyes so I wouldn't see women as meat

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"

Oh good. I guess I like you too.

I'm not telling.

You mean one of those people that actually agree with you?

It's not really a Seeker post unless you've used up your allotment of emotes, eh? What else would you expect from an immigrant....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Nope. I actually found a site filled with wise people that can talk about many interesting subjects and many times they don't agree with me. Stll, it's always an interesting discussion because they are wise and they always discuss logically with no ad hominens...

Did I use emoticons there...?

Oh! You are racist now, eh?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Heres a way for you guys and girls to see how much of a star you truly are. Firstly try searching your username in sciforums, then go through all the returned threads and disgard the ones you've actually posted to.

It makes an interesting read to see where your name crops up, in what context and by whom.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

How do you do a search in sciforums now?

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

If you think that was butchering Roman, then you need to buy yourself a new blade, cos that ones blunt. You are a teenager with a huge chip who thinks it's cool to go around bad mouthing people, without actually having anything remotely relevant of useful to contribute. When you grow up, you will realise what a silly little prick you are being. Go play with kids your own age.

9. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Now, you get to be mean for real, but I don't get to be jokey-mean? That's not fair.
    This "name that star" game is confusing me.

10. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

People tell me a lot of things, some are true, some not.

I can't help it, I'm overly-sensitive. That's what happens to you when you sit around singing about people dying and shit... don't we have a crying face i can put in right here? A sad face isn't going to cut it.

11. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Oooh, thanks.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Roman,

You are not my representative.

Neither are you psychic.

Speak for yourself.

13. water the sea Registered Senior Member

ToR,

I appreciate your input here, ToR. I have been waiting for someone to come to sciforums to lift the often heavy atmosphere of pretense, showing-off, secrecy, shyness, insecurity that goes on between some members.

I think this thread is a huge challenge for this forum -- for the members to actually speak out the chemistry between themselves?! Whew. In various threads, directly or indirectly, it becomes clear who hates or fancies whom. But a thread precisely for that purpose -- that is a rarity for sciforums. As far as I can remember, most such threads were either mudslinging festivals, or weren't taken seriously.

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

ToR,

I liked the way cole grey stood his ground, and I said so.

Anyway, you must know that English is my third language and it's hard for me to be humorous in English. I bet I come off as cold and puffed up.
    I'm sorry for that. I promise I'll make an effort to improve my English communication skills, esp. in regards to written communication.

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Your English is amazing water, better than mine and I am English!

I know it's obscure but in this post I was mainly thinking of Roman who showed up shortly after coincidentally!

Meanwhile I wasn't picking on Cole so no ground required to stand on!
    His web pic he does look a bit pale.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  16. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

It would be if anyone participated! I've barely had any response.

I may have to just list my own observations.

maybe I should start with myself, although I am fan of many of my antifans so not sure I should I should be revealing those names, could confuse them a tad and make them feel obliged to be nice to me, and that would never do!

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It's not so difficult.

1. everybody who admires tiassa for its intellectual capabilities is a dumbass (all pseudo intellectuals who cannot distinguish intellectual capabilities from their own ass). You may exchange Tiassa for Xev too. They are just mortals with average intellectual capabilities such as myself.
    2. everybody who admires me for my intellectual capabilities is an ass-sucking dumbass (because I know for sure I am limited in my capabilities).
    3. everybody who likes Dr Lounatic's posts despite their content has a good sense of humour (he can say the worst things, but he always manages to make it a jou to read).
    4. everybody who whines is a little whiner (you know the type: athelwulf, truthseeker coolskill etc)
    5. and finally there is a special category of stable people who actually contribute the largest part of informational content to this site without actually posting a lot (such as Fragglerocker, stryder).

This could be basically how I classify people, although this is entirely an automatic process and there are always exceptions.

Needless to say I am not going to make myself popular with this post, but whenever did I post something to become popular.

But basically I am a big fan of Dr lounatic's posts and Mr anonymous. I usually click on those when I see a new one.

Then there is a large category of subfavourites. I'm not going to mention any, because I will forget someone and then they will be pissed off.

And then there is a small category of people who are idiots. Many of those are of course active posters, especially in WEP.

And then there is a large category of average posters.

Oh yeah, and then there are two posters with nice tits. ToR and Sargentlard.

Maybe this will get things flowing...

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Very good spurious!

10/10

Oh and er ta for comparing me to sargentlards man boobs! So aside from boobs dare I ask where in that lame list above I fall? nah don't tell me, I'll asign myself to subcatagory not yet mentioned : highly amusing frequent contributor, with attitude and creative illogical logic and no interest in peer reviewed papers or proof!

hmmmmmmm

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  19. perplexity Banned Banned

With something like this perhaps?

"I do like you, more than it would be good in these cirumstances. A while back, when we were still communicating in private, I dreamt of you, and spent my days being dizzy and giggling, happy from my toes to the tip of my head, thinking of you. I may barely know you, but my intuition has its own ways."

Are you sure you want to play this game?

As if there were not already enough by way of ego bait and vanity?

--- RH.

20. Roman Banned Banned

I just meant the way one hacks a paragraph into tons of little quited pieces and picks something apart, piece by piece. I typically see it where people are picking eachother's arguments apart, and not each other. Ehh... there was something comical about it at the time, but I now forget what.

And you are sort of right. There's no huge chip. I am chip free. Were I to have chips, I would probably be part robot. Which would actually be sweet. But I do "go around and bad mouth people," I admit I am something of a huge prick. A swollen, throbbing... well, you get the idea, I'm sure.

Ooh, ouch.
    It should have gone "water said something like..." My apologies, I didn't mean to presume stuff.

[edit]
    Hey wait, ToR, what post did you post thinking about me? I'm flattered and stuff!

21. Roman Banned Banned

I'm a fan of Jaybee. I admit, I stalk him around the forums.

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

"But basically I am a big fan of Dr lounatic's posts and Mr anonymous. I usually click on those when I see a new one."

How can you post such a thing and not mention killjoy? Hehe. I'm with you on the above, but would have to add killjoy to the list.

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It involves an ever so secret society handshake and plugging the right URL in.