Sci Forums - Name that Star!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Theoryofrelativity, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Game Players, two teams:

1) ALL STARS
    If You are a Sci-Forum STAR and you know you are, identify yourself and name your sci forum fans.

2) FANS
    If on the other hand you are a 'fan' who quotes their star at every given opportunity, name that STAR and feel free to indulge in some 'free praise'.

Audience participation
    If you have observed Stars and their fans at work post the details here.

Winner: Biggest Star with most fans and loyal supporters ............NOT
    Funniest postings take ALL!

Prize: More publicity here thus encouraging yet more loyal and devoted followers, first sci forums then the world.

(Pi ...try to wait till someone else names themselves as Star first!!)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Shouldn't you be taking care of your kid or something?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Roman, your postings clearly indicate that you are my number 1 fan, why haven't you named me as your Star?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Negative 'following around the threads' is the same as 'positive' you know, it shows you are attracted and want dialogue, kids usually use negative behaviour to gain their parents attention, best parenting tactic is to ignore it, however, as this is my thread and you were so kind as to push it to top slot, the least I can do on this occassion is acknowledge your devotion.

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

hmmm...

I feel that I am more like a Misanthropic Neutron Star than the type your probb'ly refering to... hence I ain't got no fans onna count O' I'm, y'know - all isolated & like that there... plus any potential fans are likely fried by the type of "illumination" I provide, which is actually, y'know, whaddaya call yer basic lethal radiation...

I like FAN-ing the occaisonal flames 'cos I'm so damn stoopid and ig-ner-unt... probb'ly another symptom O' floatin' 'round in yer basic deep, empty void.
    I mean hadda hell's a person learn to sympathize with anythin' even vaguely resemblin' normal when they're in the old Iso-ward alla time ?
    It's copascetic, though, knowhutahmsayyin ?

I mean: SHADDAP, YOU !
    What the hell you lookin' at ???!!!

9. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I am a star dammit!
    I just happen to be a star that is too far away from the earth to have been detected yet.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Indeed you are Cole, I have noted that you have fans! You mmust have noted it too, don't be shy now, list them here????

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I win by default, as I had my own cult here at the forums. Thanks for playing.

Oh and KILLJOY... you know you can count ME as a fan... man. Sheez come on.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

what cult? meanwhile you have to be funny to win this game, although again you may win due to sheer lack of participation by rest of members! lol

So we have killjoy in the lead, followed closely behind by Wesmorris, who will win the battle of wits...(well if we can get off the starting block that'd be helpful!)

13. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I monimate Avatar.

14. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

well done commi ham, welcome to 'All stars' are you a fan of the mighty 'A'? I am so that maketh 2

wes and killjoy you need to step up your games!

so in the red corner :

we have the mighty 'A' Avatar, with 2 fans followed closely by Killjoy who now has 1, in the losing corner is Wesmorris!!!!!

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It was a few days of glorious sciforums mayhem. You should have seen it. It was freakin crazy. It caught on like wildfire. Fo reelz. Everyone linked to my avatar as their own. There were wesheads in every post of every thread. Madness I tell you, sheer madness.

I do believe most of it was wiped from the server, as it hogged all the bandwidth... but here is at least some evidence of it: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=36654

Behold a smidge of that which was me.

16. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

COR I am impressed, do you think I could get a cult following? Would I have to be nice? nahhhhhhhhh

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hell I never intended to. Like someone explained in the linked thread, it was something Rappacini did as a joke, CounselorCoffee dittoed and then assimilated Invert... and then well, up to 13 people, which seemed like more because of the same avatar for everyone. It was a total freakshow, but hella fun. Like invert said though, it wasn't really about me, but just my goofy avatar.

As far as being a star goes, I think there are a lot of stars here at sci, looked upon differently depending on the poster in question. I have fans, as do many people here. I won't go trying to name them though... as I'm not quite sure who they are. I know a few who have come and gone and a couple PM me from time to time asking my opinion on various issues. I'm just glad to have something to contribute sometimes.

Wow I just noticed I recently hit 8000 posts. Sheez.

OH...

And on a trivial note, if you look at my "title" next to my avatar, you now have a clue as to why it says "1 of N".

I liked it that wes has a WE in it. It seemed to work for the collective thing.

18. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I think Q, and Godless, and cris, are my fans...
    Just kidding.
    I don't have any fans - sometimes i feel like I have been put on "ignore", especially by cris - but I have made a few friends.

I would nominate gendanken for starhood, because she was so damn funny it livened things up, but she is gone I think.

19. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I haven't seen that name, so you are probably correct, although my 'ego' doesn't allow any admittance of correctness on any other members behalf

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I've always loved watching Xev tear peoples arguments apart.

She reminds me of grandma.

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

would that be 'toxic granny'? or your grandma?

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Meanwhile there is still a vacancy in the 'Fan of ToR' section, there will be no pay and the emotional rewards are non existant as I shall be a Star who sniffs in the face of your adoration. ToR's Fan will be of strong character possibley into S&M (ie. Sucking up and Making me look good!)

Fan of ToR will be required to fulfill the following functions:
    Follow me around the rooms,quoting me (in context) and supporting whatever balony argument I come up with...a recent idea is that 'anorak wearers are agents of the devil'....your job will be to research this point and provide 'Proof'. You may of course use statistics (which u can manipulate) to demonstrate the correctness of my views.

Fan of ToR must be of good character and of good humour.
    Satanists may not apply for this post.

23. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I am a fan of your smile.
    I am not a fan of your ego.