Schools&Bullying

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by duendy, Nov 4, 2005.

1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They are pretty lame. It's past time for smarter heads to take charge.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, .........what do you suggest? I've asked you numerous times and you've yet to answer. Ye're doing nothing but complaining, without any ideas of what to do or how to do it! Whining and crying will not solve the problem, so please quit whining and crying like a little child who can't have his own way!

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron:

No. You didn't read carefully enough. I assumed that gun owners are cowardly bully-targets.

Easy. Bullies should be punished. If not by their victims, then by appropriate authorities. In schools, that means teachers. Bullies can be suspended or expelled from school, in the extreme case. Or dealt with in a similar way to how other misbehaviour is dealt with in schools.

Really, Baron, couldn't you have thought of that yourself? Just apply some common sense. You don't need a gun to deal with a cowardly kid.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Although i disagree wholeheartedly with the gun carrying thing, i do have to point out that not all bullies are 'cowardly kids'. For all you know the 'bullies' could be a gang of ten, threatening to kill and rape your girlfriend if you dont give them your money, and the pearl necklace you just bought her...what do you do then? When you look at it like that, you see Max has a point, however small

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

??? What does that mean? And how does it make any sense??

James, I agree with you! But how do you prosecute them when you can't catch them committing the crime? Or are you going to prosecute people based upon unproven accusations and/or allegations of a few weaklings who whine and cry to the authorities?

James, bullies are careful to cover their tracks, and to provide "alibis" for their actions or whereabouts. The weakling complains, the authorities ask the bully and he has a perfect alibi (via his buddies!). Now what? Are you suggesting that the authorities prosecute anyway? ...without any evidence or proof of wrong-doing?

Common sense, James? What's that? And isn't that the same thing as saying; "My way is the best/only way ....and your way sucks and is stupid!"?

Oh, really? Explain the answers to some of my thoughts above. Perhaps my common sense isn't the same as your common sense????

And if bullying were so simple and easy to contain/stop, then why isn't it done in the schools? And why isn't it stopped out in the real world, too? Or are you, once again, fantasizing about some idyllic dreamworld of your own? You know, the one where all men love all others and do little kissy-kissy to the lips?!?!?!

Baron Max

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, that's easy! Just tell those ten guys that they're "cowardly bullies" and they'll see your point, and start crying and whining and begging for forgiveness for all of their bad deeds!!

Of course, if you don't want to hurt the bullies' feelings, which isn't very nice, you could ask them to wait while you call for the police and have them arrested for threatening behavior. They'll understand, I'm sure!

'Course you could always push your girlfriend toward them, taking them by surprise, then you'd have a good chance of running away from them. Pretty good tactic, huh?

However small??? Protecting yourself and your loved ones is a "small" point?? How can you even say that?

Baron Max

10. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

I meant about the gun thing, whilst i do not entirely agree with carrying the gun around, i can see the sentiment.:m:

11. skidochufada Registered Senior Member

I'm a nerd, as you can tell im here

Basicaly about 30 people can stand to talk to me in school, i absolutly hate it, all the bullys, every class, only two things that get me through are 2 simple words

Friends - Band

The only way kids will stop make fun of me, is if i show them up on the drums

( i played a joke on a kid who was making fun of me, (i have huge teeth) and said i would bite his neck, and kill him, and he and about 40 other kids are afraid i will)

Whats even more screwy, is that everyone but my friends are making fun of me, earthquake (the 400 pound kid) finger (the 79 pound girl)

I wish i was home schooled, but since i cant, i just gotta suck up to the teachers to get to sit next to my friends, and avoid all the crap i normaly put up with.

Its also damaged my grades, after school, i want Nothing to do with school!
    i dont even carry a book bag anymore

Sincerly
    Skidochufada
    The curious 14 year old kid

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Why can't I get my life back? Almost everyone protects the lives of bullies and the practice of bullying, that's why.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, Meta, have you tried whinning and crying to the authorities? Most often, they'll listen to the whines and cries of the meek and helpless, and often do something about it if they can. Perhaps they can provide you with a physically fit, stong, powerful and armed bodyguard for the rest of your life. ...wouldn't that be nice?

Baron Max

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Have you tried supergluing yourself to the keyboard?

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I did that once, but didn't like it ...so I don't do it anymore. But thanks for the suggestion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

hope to hear more of you here. you are righgt up my street

17. evrdrmn Registered Member

I don't know anyone who is protecting the lives of bullies and the practice of bullying. God, reality is reality. When I say there will always be bullies, etc. I'm not condoning it, I'm just stating reality. would I be protecting viruses and illnesses if I say that there will always be viruses and illnesses. It's nature, it's life on earth. It ain't heaven. Like there's no way scientists are gonna cure everything, there's no way cops, teachers, principals, etc are gonna do completely away with bullies, murderers, rapists, etc. So you have to learn to take care of yourself, along with accepting life for what it is when you can't shoot every challenge down, and it gets tough. Find a way to enjoy your life anyway. Who said it was easy?

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

If you don't know anyone who is protecting the lives of bullies and the practice of bullying, you just don't know what is going on. I would not have had the trouble that I did if the teachers, other "decent" students, and even my mother had not worked hard to help the bullies accomplish what they did and to prevent me from doing anything about it. THAT is reality.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, Meta, crying and whinning about it ain't gonna' do ya' no good either, so perhaps you should crawl into a cave somewhere and hide. And take a big, big gun and lots of ammo ...anyone comes into the cave, shoot 'em dead!

Meta, what are you gonna' do when you grow up and go out into the big, wide world to get a job? Ye're gonna' be up against a lot more bullshit than ye're putting up with now. What the hell are you gonna' do? What kind of life are you gonna' live if you can't protect yourself from childish bullying and teasing?

Baron Max

20. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

How could anyone stop bullies. From my expeirience bullies don't always "attack" nor are they in groups. Bullying can happen in the form of just words said at an off chance, so no one but the bully and the recipiant know. One gets hurt, the other...? I don't know, but they will probably do it agian. Group bullying is rarer because teachers and parents are trying to stop it. Its not rarer because of them, but because the bullies don't want to get caught.
    The only groups would be entire school bodies. This happens very often. Its when the whole student body designates a few certain students to be "losers". They are then snubbed, are the butt of tricks(hidden carefully from teachers, or would be seen as tricks to anyone not in on it) and cruel comments, and overall avoided. I don't know what that's like.
    What I expierinced was a kind of group bullying, but not the way I've seen you guys talking about it (true I didn't bother reading the whole thing, so forgive me). Its not the kind where kids actually beat each other up. Most bullying you can't fight with actions...someone makes a "joke" and you punch them?...it doesn't work that way. Anyways, what I see a lot is that one kid in a group who is the one always picked on. Always. It adds up.

And teachers contribute to it too. You wouldn't think, but they do. I once had a really quiet kid in my class. His voice was very high for a high school kid. Students avoided him, and teachers made jokes about him in front of the class to try and get him to speak up. Of course that only made it worse. Eventually he started talking, and actually doesn't shut up now. Whether thats due to the meds he's taking or not I don't know. But that shouldn't happen.

My sister expirienced group bullying at a verbal and physical level, though this was back in the day. Our parents were told eventually, teachers were told eventually. Eventually because most kids who are affected by bullying are the type who don't feel they have support at home. Thats why it hurts them. Because they aren't comfterble with who they are. But anyways, nothing was done about it...the kids just eventually grew up.

So what can anyone do about it? Should the individuals fight back as was suggested?...how? How can you fight silence, giggles behind your back, and exclusion? How do you fight someone stealing your books, throwing things at you in class?....get in a fight?....that won't make anyone stop, It'll only make it worse. Tell an authority figure? they'll talk to the offenders, and then for about five seconds everything will be fine, and then they'll be right back at it. Apart from very physical, very obvious bullying, you, and anyone else can't do anything to stop it. They only thing to be done is to not let it hurt you.

What can others do? Students who are above social standings, and don't play those games should stand up for the bullied. Teachers should remain impasive to students, niether favouring nor disfavouring certain students. Apart from that you'd just start getting into extremes that no one would accept. Like not allowing kids to mingle. Short lunch hours. Small classes. Designated walking routes. Designated "hang out" areas. Going back to corporal punishment in schools. Or, God forbid, talking and spending time with one's kids.

I'm sure some where there I've contradicted myself, or said something stupid, but I wrote this in a hurry.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  21. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Oh, yes? And how do you go about that one, exactly?

22. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

Don't say it like that, like I don't know what I'm talking about and you do(not saying you don't...)...I don't know how it would work for others...it worked for me, or else I wouldn't be here. I had to do it because nobody else could help me. You just grow a back bone. You realize your worth. You see that the people tormenting you are (excuse my language) s**t. You find hobbies, things that can make you happy. You accept it. You welcome it. Make a game of it. Even bring it upon yourself. Be as retaded as possible, just to give them nothing to say...they call you something, just agree. Treat them like the idiots they are. Overall, just don't care. If its physical, and it hurts, and its something you can't stand shoot 'em.....I'm kidding. Actaully all this advice only works for mainly verbal abuse...the more commen kind. If its physical, I admit I don't have much expierince there. I just took it as a part of life...get made fun of, get hit etc. So ya...not much help there...sorry

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  23. evrdrmn Registered Member

whateva

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005