Schizophrenia: Where do the voices come from?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by fruityfigtree, Jan 3, 2013.

1. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

I have schizophrenia but it is now suppressed by my medication. The voices in my head used to be very loud but because of my medication have been subdued. Anyway, I used to argue alot with the voices and they seemed to me like entities that know every little thing I'm thinking and doing because they made comments on it. Some of the voices were people I know! I read somewhere that the section of the brain in charge of hearing is active in someone who hears voices in their head. Where do you think the voices come from?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Inside your own head.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

Are you saying that the brain generates these voices?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Obviously.

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Your brain generates them. The brain is capable of generating an entire hallucinatory experience for all your senses. Most people experience this on a daily basis when they are dreaming while sleeping (which is a normal and healthy). In your case, your brain's neural connections malfunction sometimes while awake and can generate audio hallucinations as well as delusions. This is a decent article discussing "where the voices come from":

http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/iop/prt/schizophrenia.htm

9. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

Thank you!

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What's your experience like?

11. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Or not.

Maybe its just were really really smart, us schitz kids. Logically, we all report the same thing. They can't help but show emotion when I come to them. Really, I know. Its telepathy.

Imagine, I walk into a room and connect with anyone on the telepathic level. They show it in their face every time.

12. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Astral Projection of course.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The voices in your head, when you go sleep at night, laying on your bed quite and soundly...creeping from below the bed from an alternate dimension

they are whispering from the underground beyond the valley of fallen graves of little innocent dead girls...

13. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

That's the delusion part of it kicking in there.

14. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

Well, there are number of voices that I hear (when I'm not on medication). Some of the voices are people I know. I'm usually arguing with them (not out loud, lol) because the majority keep telling me to leave alone a guy I had a crush on (who is also a voice in my head that actually likes me back). One of those voices is a girl who also likes that guy and she hates me so much and calls me names judging every thought and action. Other voices just come randomly as echoes and those are the voices I still hear even on medication.

The delusions that came with it were ridiculous causing me to fight with my family, thinking I had a brain chip in my head and I was a sex slave, LOL. Thanks to that article that Crunchy Cat posted, it is now clear that none of my delusions are true although I've been sound in mind for the past few months thanks to medication.

15. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

You're not describing schizophrenia, you're describing the usual experience of one's mind.
    Medication just makes you numb to noticing it and dealing with it.

16. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

Oh, it's schizophrenia alright. I actually thought there was a brain chip in my head planted right after I was born in 1985 and people were accessing it through their phones. But I had no explanation as how they could have had such technology in 1985. The voices are not like normal thoughts which are silent, they are audible.

17. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

lol

18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Tell me everything. I am schizophrenic as well, cough highly imaginative, self taught telepath.

19. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Elyn Saks: A tale of mental illness -- from the inside.

In this powerful talk, she asks us to see people with mental illness clearly, honestly and compassionately.

[video=youtube;f6CILJA110Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6CILJA110Y[/video]

20. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

You're welcome

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Says who?

22. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Not who, what. Reality.

23. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Prove I don't observe facial reaction in a timely, and sensical manner to the message I give on a daily basis.

Dogs whistle when they hear what they like. Birds do fly overs. Right, easily written off as woo hoo. I have had other patients tell me what I don't talk about. They receive my word telepathically, and tell it back to me vocally.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013