Saudi Arabia's new developmental projects

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by S.A.M., Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I dunno. Maybe those few millions young citizens whose standard of life is fastly degrading???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Put your money where your mouth is.

My money:

No revolution
    Universities open
    Economy opens
    Gradual removal of religious fundamentalism

They luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv the king and royal family. Its the muttawwas they hate.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Evidence? Sure, you are a poor Saudi, who just lost his job and part of the 20% unemployed, while there are 5 millions foreigners in the country and see the 6000 princes building these magnifficent buildings using the country's oilwealth and in the bed with the great Satan, the USA. Sure I would LOVE them too...

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah the poor Saudi, who gets welfare, free education and free healthcare in an economy where gas costs 90 halalas (which is an extreme and recent rise from the 75 halalas it used to cost), food is dirt cheap and everyone gets a plot of land and US $80,000 from the king (most of which are pardoned if they cannot be paid back) and jobs wherever the government can place them regardless of ability or education? Not to mention the zakat provided annually by the well off? Hmm lets see.

What would I, the poor Saudi do?

9. Vinyard Banned Banned

And why can't the saudis do someting about terrorism?

10. Vinyard Banned Banned

Considering you know, that most of the 911 terrorists came from Saudi Arabia

11. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

I think you'll find that they are, due to a rising population and stagnating oil production.

12. Homyrrh Registered Member

Yeah, actually the VERY REASON they're constructing these outlandish structures is to offset the inevitable financial losses from the gravely dwindling oil reserves with big money from tourism.

NatGeo had some program about the design, construction and decoration of the six-star Dubai hotel; intriguing...actually pulled it off, though wasn't nearly as challenging as these look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.