Saturn's Strange Hexagon

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Sci-Phenomena, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Saturn's North Pole Hexagon:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Saturn does have a large amount of strange anomalies! If you look at Saturn's North Pole you'll find that there is a super massive hexagon which as some scientists say is "almost perfect." What is really curious is that on the south pole of Saturn scientists say there is a massive hurricane and strangely enough the hurricanes "eye" looks much like a human eye!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

I admit, this is one of the strangest postings I've ever done, I also would like to admit that it is pure insanity, to the highest degree. hahaha

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

All true.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Atom Registered Senior Member

Nice photos actually.

8. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I recall it's something to do with resonant harmonic frequencies.

9. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

I don't see anything strange in that photo.

10. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

I take it back. I see a name and a copyright logo. Obviously this is not a NASA photograph, or for that matter from any major observatory that I can tell. NASA specifically states that all of it's photography is public domain. Furthermore outside of NASA (Casinni Spacecraft, Voyage photos, Hubble ST) NO ONE has the capacity to produce an image of Saturn of this quality. The rings are beautifully defined and the individual ringlets can clearly be made out. More telling, none of the characteristic "spokes" or dust clouds known to inhabit Saturn's rings are visible when the conditions for this phenomenon are perfect. Another thing... the brightest area of the rings is in the area around the rings where the planet casts a shadow. This is impossible - the source of light in this photo cannot come from a direction opposite of the shadow!

This has to be a very exquisitely done CGI rendering - a total hoax.

EDIT: Yes, I added to this post a few times. I kept seeing more and more wrong with the picture and didn't want to make a whole series of one sentence posts.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

12. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

Now THAT is interesting, but not hard to believe. The pressure under the clouds in Jovian type planets is thought to be uneven, which causes storms such as the Great Red Spot to merge with other storms. All this shows me is what the pressure distribution under the cloud layer is.

BTW - it was the CGI I was declaring a hoax.

13. Xevious Truth Beyond Logic Registered Senior Member

I recommend this threat be bumped to the Astronomy forum. If this is a bonafied mysterious phenomenon which NASA hs confirmed as true, then it should be brought to the attention of those who might have knowledge to share on the subject.