Satan is just as powerful as God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by stateofmind, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Or delusional in this specific case.

I don't know what you're talking about or how it's even relevant. Sounds like a non seq.

And true too.

Then we've made progress!! F-in meow baby!

I agree! Progress again woot! Who are you and what have you done with Jobo?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You've got it correct!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'll explain the reasoning behind the experiment and I think you'll fully understand given your last 3 points. The claim that reality isn't 100% objective literally means that subjective thought can alter reality. The experiment (although extreme) shows this not to be the case; however, I now think you already realize this. I suspect the issue was probably that the claim "reality isn't 100% objective" wasn't worded well. It looks like you meant was that that reality is what it is and a person may perceive it correctly and / or incorrectly.

Correct!

The only experiments I am aware of that comes anything close to this idea health experiments. A person who thinks happy thoughts when sick/injured has measurably better chance of survival. The reason is because unhappy thoughts cause stress and your body has use resources to fight the stress. A stress-less body can focus most of its resources on healing.

Never heard of it and I didn't find any web references either.

It meant show me evidence that modern psychology thinks there is a "subjective reality" where pure thought can alter actual reality; however, based on this particular set of posts, I don't think that the request corresponds to your actual position.

I'll explain. The idea of altering reality using pure thought falls way outside of known observation. Anyone making such a claim would have to provide evidence for it (and such a claim is easily falsifiable). On the other hand, the idea of a person peeing is completely within the realm of known observation. Whether or not you personally have to pee when claiming so isn't a concern because you either do (i.e. you're telling the truth) or you dont (i.e. you're lying). Telling the truth or lying are both within the real of known observation as well as humans peeing. Nothing would be unusual enough to scrutinize.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Based on what I've read up to this point, I'd say we appear to agree on the nature of subjectivity and objectivity. Interpretations were probably confused, and so it lead to this discussion. If there was something I left undressed simply remind me of it.

Otherwise, the topic wasn't on objectivity and subjectivity. Supposing there is a God, then would there be Devil of equal power. If God is seen as Good, likely so. If God is Absolute and Absolute is beyond good and evil, unlikely.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Emphasis on the word seen. I think that was the gist of the thread's intent, God can also be seen as the Big Evil by some. Vice versa for Satan.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. soullust Registered Senior Member

Ok ok i never read the thread or the original post, but satan may be as powerfull as jesus christ, in no way is he even close to being as powerfull as god.

8. Neverfly Banned Banned

Then why does God tolerate him?
    Why not eliminate him and get his Divine Plan back on track?