Sarah Palin's New Book "Going Rogue"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Is it a coloring book?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Not really all that interested in Sarah Palin's life, so I already know I won't read it. I never read memoirs. (Except that one time in Borders, when I was bored and I read some of Louis Black's book)

However I must say a 400 page coloring book would be awesome, I'd definitely would buy that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Her memoir? She didn't even finish her term as governor! I think you gotta actually do something before you can cash in on a book.

(See my photo gallery for some awkward pics of her posing with the American flag.)

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I hope it is full of half-naked pictures of her. Why do I have to zip down anytime she comes on the news? lucky she didn't get elected otherwise I would have been worn out...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Which one is the sexiest Sarah? I take the one with the gun. OK, I take both...

10. superstring01 Moderator

Damnit! You stole my "Will she be using Dr. Seuss as her ghost writer" thunder.

~String

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Will there be a book on tape? What a goldmine that would be.

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Anybody know who wrote it? The actual writing down of the words, I mean.

13. John99 Banned Banned

i dont know whay anyone here would think that a governor would be\could be dumber than they are.

14. sandy Banned Banned

She didn't have to finish her term. She has great stories. The campaign alone could be a book.
    As the link in the OP says, someone helped her write it--ghostwriter Lynn Vincent.There are already 1.5 million copies going to print. You betcha it's gonna be big.

The question is who will buy more? Palin-lovers or Palin-haters?

15. John99 Banned Banned

i loved the catie courik interview. catie thought she was so smart.........

16. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

The majority of Palin lovers are illiterate.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I am sure she will inspire aspiring quitters everywhere.

18. John99 Banned Banned

few people are actually illiterate

quitting is better than getting fired.

19. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Let me guess, she has a multitude of ideas that will definitely fix America, nevermind the fact that they didn't work in Alaska. The only reason she was popular in Alaska is because she redistributed the wealth of the energy companies back to the people. Which is pure unadulterated communism if anyone besides her dares to do it.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Was that impending? For what?

21. John99 Banned Banned

i doubt it. most of the critics didnt know alaska had\has a governor.

22. sandy Banned Banned

The Real Palin Demographic:
    I won't vote for John McCain, because I want to dismantle the American overseas empire, while he wants to preserve it at all costs. I'm a libertarian, and I believe that Republicans have lost any Reagan-era credibility they had when they speak of small, limited government. I won’t vote for The One because I refuse to subscribe to any cult of personality that is based on a myth.

Nevertheless, I find the choice of Sarah Palin fascinating because of the problem she poses for the extreme left. They cast themselves as the champion of women and families, but this woman is a living illustration of how little the Democrats have to offer people like her.

First, she is married to a man, and she doesn't seem at all unhappy with her situation. This is problematic for disgruntled HRC Democrats. Joe "would you like some sugar with your restraining order, Ma'am?" Biden Democrats believe that women should be able to leave their marriages for any reason or for no reason, and that taxpayers and child support enforcement policies must be designed to make this choice a neutral one, with no economic consequences at all for mom and her children. The fact that she remains married to a man - after 20 years! - and has born 5 children with him is deeply troubling to Democrats.

The fact that she's been able to embark on a successful political career, and still have 5 children, is a thumb in the eye as far as Democrats are concerned. Democrats maintain that the freedom to have both children and a career requires government assistance, since men, by their very nature, have to be compelled by government to support women and their children. When a women chooses a lifelong partnership with a man, all she is doing is making a sneaky end-run around the government, selfishly consuming his wages and his labor directly from the source.

Second, she is a business owner, with her husband. While far from rich, they appear to be doing quite nicely. I'm guessing they have health insurance, so they don’t need the government to provide it. Unless she leaves her husband, the Democrats have nothing to offer her except for environmental regulations and higher taxes.

He husband is an oil worker! They draw income from the oil business! This is a big red flag, because to Democrats, anyone associated with petroleum, from the men on offshore oil rigs, to men driving oil trucks, to oil traders, to oil company managers, to oil company stockholders, are leeches on society, and defilers of nature.

She is a member of the NRA. Democrats don’t believe anyone, except for lesbians, should be allowed near guns.

She is an anti-abortion Christian. This is anathema to Democrats. Democrats believe that abortion should be a free choice, with no economic or personal consequences, right up to the moment of birth, at the very least. Abortion should be free of charge, funded completely by the public, and available without the slightest inconvenience to any female, of any age, of any citizenship status. Taxpayer-funded abortion clinics should be as ubiquitous as Starbucks, and rural women and children should be provided with a taxpayer-funded stretch limo and a driver to take them to the nearest clinic. It should be illegal for anyone - especially parents - to discourage abortion, or even hint that the decision has a moral dimension.

McCain didn’t choose her because he is trying to get disgruntled Hillary supporters. He is after a completely different and much larger demographic. He is trying to appeal to women that are married to men they don’t hate. Women who are relatively happy with their lives, relatively conservative on social issues, who aren't lawyers and either didn’t go to college, or went to college and avoided Womens Studies courses. Women who are ambivalent about abortion. Women who have managed their lives successfully enough to pay taxes every year. That is a very different demographic than disgruntled Hillary supporters.:bravo:

http://sweatingthroughfog.blogspot.com/2008/08/real-palin-demographic.html

23. superstring01 Moderator

LOL.

Really, can anybody take this book (or rumor of "book", if that's a worthy word) seriously?

~String

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.