Sandy, moderation of

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Buffalo Roam, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

1) This is not a liberals only thread or site.

2) From what I can ascertain, sandy received two infractions for posts that incited hatred in the illegal immigration thread.

3) Many other members, both so called liberal and conservative have received infractions for posting similar content. And many, many have been banned for the same reason.

4) No, contrary to what you may believe, sandy is not being made a scapegoat or receiving special attention in regards to moderation.

5) Sandy has been treated as we are all treated. Had anyone else made such a comment, they too would have received a similar infraction.

Now what constitutes inciting hatred? Her following comment could be deemed to be a prime example:

Some of you might not find anything 'hateful' in such a comment. But claiming to be glad to not have a gun to shoot people you detest because they have entered your country by illegal means, can be taken to mean that if you had a gun, you would have used it on the Mexicans... people she seems to have a particular hatred for as can be witnessed in other comments made by her in the thread in question and many others.

Was she inciting hatred? Many will say yes, and others will say no. Plazma, as the administrator of this site and one who has, by and large, kept out of the immigration discussions, made a call and viewed it as such, and acted accordingly as denoted by the infraction she received. Others who have made similar comments (both 'liberal' and conservative) have also received infractions in the past.

No she has not been banned, and as far as I can see, she can still post on this site.

If sandy has issues with the infractions she received, it is for her to PM Plazma and discuss the issue. Whether she has done this or not, I do not know.. since it would have been a PM (as in a Private Message).

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I got an infraction for saying "shut the fuck up." What are you guys crying about?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

I didn't even want to post today because almost everything I say gets called hate/racism/bigotry. No one seems to comprehend that I despise ILLEGAL immigration and terrorism. They keep saying you hate Hispanics, you hate muslims. NOT TRUE!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I got so many PMs, warnings, infractions, censures, threats, etc that my head was spinning.

I never said I would shoot anyone. I said I was glad I didn't have a gun (because I would have shot all the flags I saw.) NOT PEOPLE! If anyone bothered to PM me about this, I would have explained it. Everyone here should know I would NEVER shoot anyone.

I have come to the conclusion that Republicans/conservatives/Christians are not welcome here.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I'm a conservative. I keep my mouth shut for the most part because this forum has a liberal bias and there is no way I could ever win an argument.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

refreshing!

9. sandy Banned Banned

I almost choked laughing about the post that said the libs have the net and SciFor while the Republicans have all the radio and tv.

We have half of FOX since it is fair and balanced. (O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes, Greta...) We have a few radio talkshows like Rush and Hannity. The libs have most of the newspapers too.

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

Whaaaaaaaaa! WHAAAAaaaaaaaaa! Rightwing christian bigots are soooo oppressed in the USA. Whaaaaaaaaa

uke:

11. sandy Banned Banned

I was nice to you Genji. I apologized publically and in PM for anything I may have said or done to offend you and THIS is what I get

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

You DO alot of private messaging but I have never received one from you. Sorry but I call em as I see em, PC or Not!

13. Bells Staff Member

Then you should have made this point clear in the thread. Aside from shooting at flags in people's houses is inherently wrong, we are not mind readers and had no way of knowing you meant the flags and not people. Members and moderators should not have to be placed in a position where they need to PM you for clarification for all of your posts.

We do not know you or what you would or would not do. This is an internet forum where anonymity reigns supreme. We cannot know whether you mean what you say or not. Therefore clarity in such posts is essential as it should be in everything.

On the contrary, you are welcome here. This forum thrives on debates and arguments against all sides of the equation.

14. sandy Banned Banned

from yesterday at 9:09 pm (It's still in my "sent" file)

Sent to Genji
    Title/greeting Hi
    "I think I owe you an apology. I'm sorry if I offended you in any (most?) of my posts. I never meant to do that. I removed the goofy thing I said about you in my SciWiki. You are probably a very nice person and I'm sorry if I hurt you."

You got it and you know it. I'm done with this.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I can still remember that in the old days we did pretend to be an intelligent community.

16. sandy Banned Banned

This is still a very intelligent community but the personal attacks and flaming make it appear less so.

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Show us your tits!

(Kidding. Word of advice. Relax. Grow a thick skin. It's the sciforums way.)

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

why not?
    it seemed to work for sam.

19. Roman Banned Banned

You're all a bunch of pussies and I swear I don't have a gun.

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

it isn't hard to see why with posts like this:
    http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=66231

21. Genji Registered Senior Member

Nope. I really never have gotten a PM from you. We made our exchange in the thread. I haven't any reason to deny it so explain your lie to your god and hope you aren't cast to Hell!:mufc:

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

You are the biggest stench trench of all Roman. You & yer banana.

23. sandy Banned Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.