Sandy Hook.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bebelina, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The same thought occurred to me. I think we'll find that to be the case when they get into it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The latest bit of news released added a little more to the motive aspect. Apparently he went to the school the day before and go into what was a described as an "altercation" with four of the staff members.

When he returned the next day, three of those were among the adults he shot and killed. The fourth was away from school on other business. (Which probably saved his/her life.)

So at least we perhaps have a bit of glimpse at his motive though they've not yet said what led to his initial visit nor the altercation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Victims

The victims names have been released:

Looking at those dates of birth makes me want to cry. What kind of monster could do such a thing? It truly boogles the mind.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Then DO something about it, stop putting your own selfishness ahead of the lives of your children. It baffles me that you all sit back and wash you hands of these events and then are shocked that that they keep happening. Your ALL responsible for them

8. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

This is sick. And sickening. I'm sorry, but I have to go with the gun advocates here. Meet force with force. Israel has it right. Robert A. Heinlein: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" Arm the teachers or disarm everyone - which isn't going to happen. At least not in America, home of the brave... Disgusting.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I guess the cowboy era was more "polite" but gun murder rates were 6 times what they are then then they are today (per populace). The USA also has the highest rate of gun ownership per person and the highest number of gun homicides for a developed country.

A sane policy would be to advocate security at schools: an armed security officer, instead of every teacher with a gun.

10. Bells Staff Member

What's your problem?

What I meant is that even though he is dead, he will continue to ruin lives simply because the children who survived and their families will continue to struggle with this, possibly for the rest of their lives, now consider how many lives that will affect..

There is no argumentative twist. I know you want to have this vision of 'big bad wolf Bells', but seriously, grow up.

It is how gun advocates react..

'If everyone was armed, no one would dare do anything..'

Or possibly they feel that if all the teachers were armed in that school, he could either have been shot upon entry into that classroom or another teacher could have rushed in and shot and killed him while he was shooting everyone in that classroom.

What they don't take into account is that those teachers would have to have proper combat training to be able to discern a shooter and to be able to draw their weapon that quickly to kill someone before they were shot. After all, he came into that classroom shooting and even if another teacher had come in behind him and shot him, that teacher would a) have had to leave their students unattended and possibly risk their lives if said teacher is shot by the killer, leaving that classroom and their students alone.. and b) would somehow have to manage to sneak down school corridors to find and kill said shooter who had all the elements of surprise..

Now if we consider the person in the classroom is armed when he entered.. What kind of training would that teacher have had to have to be able to identify him as a shooter and be able to shoot him before he shot the teacher.. The ridiculous proposition of arming teachers does not take into consideration that when trained police officers are faced with shooters in a school, they call in people who are trained in such areas.. I guess teachers should face similar levels of training..?

If the teacher had been armed, it would only have provided the gunman with an extra weapon and ammunition to kill more.

But no, it provides gun advocates comfort to believe that if everyone is armed, such crimes would not occur. Heaven forbid there be some element of control on how the general public acquire such weapons..

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Even if they were trained to military standeds it still wouldn't prevent this. How many solders killed by the Afganis they were training are we up to now? These solders know that rouge troops are a risk, are armed with assault rifles, are highly trained, have backup and are still killed and the ones doing it escaping

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article15938501.ab

What they are saying now in the Swedish news is that he was jelous of his mother who was working at the school and that he went there the day before and had an argument with four of the teachers. His mother was an avid gun collector and used to taker her children to the shooting range.

Imo USA should ban guns completely for private citizens. This society never has and never will be ready for such a responsibility. Even if a person has gone through all the gun training and is considered to be a reliable person, even that person can have a bad day, get a depression or psychosis, even a teacher. Imagine the horror scenery with teachers having guns under those conditions.

13. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article15938501.ab

What they are saying now in the Swedish news is that he was jelous of his mother who was working at the school and that he went there the day before and had an argument with four of the teachers. His mother was an avid gun collector and used to taker her children to the shooting range.

Imo USA should ban guns completely for private citizens. This society never has and never will be ready for such a responsibility. Even if a person has gone through all the gun training and is considered to be a reliable person, even that person can have a bad day, get a depression or psychosis, even a teacher. Imagine the horror scenery with teachers having guns under those conditions.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

this really makes no sense.

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I would like to know how he was parented. He shot his mother in the face, this suggests there was some real child abuse occurring. while I do agree some children are born with brains prewired for certain antisocial behaviours, it has been shown that when raised at home with their family in a loving environment they grew up into normal adults.

I would like to know what sorts, if any, medication he was taking and for how long.

No one seems to be questioning the role of public schools themselves in helping to shape the individual. These lord of the lies child-mills are where most modern Social Learning takes place. Combined with the modern home where mom is at work and the father is no longer a part of the child's life (pretty much a Progressives wet-dream) well, I can see how this is all adding up to create the perfect storm in the minds of these poor children who after years of state approved brain crushing drugs ... Snap.

I was once chatting with Australian doctor about child rearing and she stated: Children really need to be put into daycare before the age of 2. I asked why? The answer was: Because you DON'T want them to bond with the mother, then they'll never be happy in day care.

It should be noted that the "Profession" of Daycare recently made demands of higher pay per hour. what was their argument? Pretty much this: Give us the money OR you don't care about the children. Seriously, THAT was a verbatim quote. What does this mean? It means mothers will be working longer hours to pay the outrageous childcare rates spending even LESS time with their children, which is a good thing too - I mean, you wouldn't want the child bonding with its mother. I'm sure the explosion of antipsychotics is in no way related to the FACT most parents are only to happy they don't have the chore of rearing and educating their children themselves. Oh, but they would do anything for their kids. As they say, acltions speak louder than words.

I think you'll find there are serious structural problems in our society that led to this incident with gun ownership being a minor of these.

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

People, it would probably be best to keep this thread on topic, especially since there's still more info to come. It's not really the proper place to discuss gun control and the like.

I you'd like to talk about that, why no start a new thread that focuses on it?

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

could you at least pretend to have some class and not use this tragedy to push your pro power idealology

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Umm don't you think that "means" are as important as motive and opotunity when it comes to crime prevention?

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with this topic - the subject is in the title of the thread - it's about the EVENT, not about prevention at all. Go and start YOUR own thread!

20. arauca Banned Banned

That individual definitively ( killer ) did not have any fear of God , If he would he would not have done such evil.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yea because christians never do anything evil, pedophile priests and family planning bombers are a myth created to vilify god loving christans

22. arauca Banned Banned

Wait wait, because they or we call yourself christian it does not mean that we all practice the teaching of Christ. The name can be associate that the individual belongs to a club. Now he practice certain rituals of the club.
    I believe a christian should not bear arms , Arms are made strictly to kill , and the teaching if Christian is thou shall no kill. Our teaching says man should have a woman or a woman should have one at a time , so we don't' condone pedophile nor homosexuality
    and again Man should have fear of God. Do you think there is something wron with that ?

23. milkweed Valued Senior Member

We dont know when mom was killed. Was she already dead when he went to the school the day before? He shot her in the face. We dont know where in the house. In her bed sleeping or was there a fight?

So far I havent read much about his current situation. The few people who have stepped forward to say they knew him, the most recent was in 10th grade so 3-4 years ago. His brother (the one they originally named as the shooter) said he hasnt talked to him since 2010.

No indication of him holding a job (so far). No indication he was in school (so far).

The above are typical stress factors in families, having a 20 year old living at home with no job/school.