Samsara

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Prince_James, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

simply put:
    He would have mastered his suffering including the desire to relieve his suffering and would be still in existence today in the material world voluntarilly, or by choice because once suffering is mastered living materially becomes bliss and eternal and thus nirvana is achieved in the material.
    He would be a God on Earth. [ and in the flesh] and only he has the choice to seek the end of samsara but it is only a choice just like suicide is.

edit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

f course this is not mainstream thinking and just my personal view.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

thus you have the choice to suffer or not. Like our choice to suffer the climb to a mountian top to see the view. To gain a clear, unfetted and absolute choice as to whether to suffer or not.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

of course I am in contra to popular Buddhist thought on the issue. All though I see great value in their metaphysical enquiry.
    I feel that all they have done is surcumbed to samsara and certrainly not directing their concentration to mastering it.

Given the notion that everything is in some way suffering including even merely thinking it is no mean fete to master suffering.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

One last word befor I have to go and master the suffering of teh local shopping mall.......ha

To master Suffering is to master the cause of suffering.
    To master the cause of suffering is to gain the choice to suffer or not.
    To master the cause of suffering is to master Samsara thus gaining the choice to suffer or not.
    Once the choice to suffer or not is fully achieved means that you can fully decide whether to think or not etc whether to exist or not etc... you have full mastery of your material body and all it's outputs. This includes your mortality.
    Thus by mastering Samsara, it is defeated by default.

any way I am off to suffer some more....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

QQ,

"It is actually IMO the seeking that reinforces the dualism."

Why do people seek?

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

QQ,

"simply put:
    He would have mastered his suffering including the desire to relieve his suffering and would be still in existence today in the material world voluntarilly, or by choice because once suffering is mastered living materially becomes bliss and eternal and thus nirvana is achieved in the material."

... but he'd be bound by QQ's criteria for what it means to master suffering ...
    Maybe he still is in existence today, but you just haven't found him yet?

"He would be a God on Earth. [ and in the flesh] and only he has the choice to seek the end of samsara but it is only a choice just like suicide is."

Suicide is not a choice. Suicide happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain.
    One can be trapped this way in any suffering, be it imposed by others (as in rape, assault, a hurricane), or be it a result of a long history of not having the resources for coping with pain (as in a general sense of unhappiness, that daily feeling bad and down).

"of course I am in contra to popular Buddhist thought on the issue. All though I see great value in their metaphysical enquiry.
    I feel that all they have done is surcumbed to samsara and certrainly not directing their concentration to mastering it."

You master Katrina, please.

"Given the notion that everything is in some way suffering including even merely thinking it is no mean fete to master suffering."

Then why not just kill oneself?! It seems worth to suffer a bit, to end the suffering!

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

To relieve their suffering......

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately killing ones self in the common context would do nothing to end the suffering, you would simply be reborn..[buddhist context]...only to go through it all again.

In the Buddhist context means in the context of achieving an end to the cycles of Samsara. [ Godhood ]

If God committed suicide what do you think the outcome would be for him and the rest of us, regardless of religious persuasion? [ If religious ]
    In the context of my post the outcome would be the end of samsara, [ end of existance and not just rebirth]