SAM Behavior

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by CheskiChips, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Starts thread asking if a well known Jew is an anti-semite. Asks irrelevant questions related to the source material.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=96421

Doesn't listen to or read source material, but makes bogus claim regarding its contents.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2375111&postcount=4

Starts an intentionally inflammatory thread on the Holocaust, not shockingly on Yom Kippur. Out of this thread I could post a whole slew of questionable assertions which are illegal in numerous countries.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=96403
    ie...
    (questions historical sources of holocaust)
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2375093&postcount=47
    (compares concentration camps to GITMO and starvation was only incidental)
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2374542&postcount=37

Nearly 1/3rd to half of her posts go to condemnation of Jews or Israelis.

She and others (Namely pjdude and strawdog) have made the gross claim that the Holocaust is equivalent to the current palestine/israel divide. A claim that should at least have a formal debate to decide whether or not it's a direct violation of honesty standards.

I know Moderators are watching her, so there's little use in my thread other than conveying that her behavior is unchanged post-ban.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

honesty standards you mean like claiming people have said things they didn't. I have never equated the holocaust to the Israel/palestine conflict. I have said their are parallels between some of the nazis actions and some of Israel's actions.. A full on troll is what you are.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Just let this one pass.

Let this one pass, PJ. As Cheski noted, moderators are watching the situation. I have yet to review the full complaint, but the first one noted is clearly fallacious. I am currently—simultaneously, in fact—addressing the issue with my fellows.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

don't worry i'll be a good boy. and any who i'm leaving disney world soon anyway so if i'm not able too post i can't get my self into to much trouble

8. CheskiChips Banned Banned

If my claim is fallacious, either everyone is ignorant of Netanyahu's claim...or I am. But I listened to his speech numerous times. Netanyahu never even claimed the Goldstone report was inaccurate...he claimed it should have never existed.

9. draqon Banned Banned

and CheskiChips is interested in all of these of course for the sake of heavenly justice and the stability of Sciforums...nothing to do with CheskiChips being Jewish and Sam being Muslim...oh def. not. right?

Oh Cheski is defending Netanyahu out of the good heart and spirit, no nationalistic imposed choices here, especially defending Netanyahu's peace calls for action towards Iran...no war mockery here whatsoever.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Update

Mod Hat — Update

People can respond as much as they want, I suppose. But Cheski will not be around to answer for a few days according to issues arising in another thread.

I would remind people to answer the issues, though, if they intend to answer at all. In the first place, those are the important considerations. To the second, moderators and the administration are aware of personal/political issues involved with this complaint. And to yet a third, it's just not nice to pile on when he's not here to answer you.

Thank you.

11. WillNever Valued Senior Member

So... why is she so fixated on Jews and Palestinians still? No one seems to want to explain that and she made a post just a few days ago stating that her intention here is to reverse discriminate against white people and especially Jews, in order to have revenge for the zealous Muslims who are mistreated here, or some such.

Does that sound like a noble intention to you..? I don't think it is. Now, it is easy enough to ignore when she isolates her crappola to her own threads, but I do draw the line when she starts hijacking OTHER people's topics, as she surely did in MacGyver's thread.

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Draqon your not much better, your claiming that the Israelis hijacked a ship to unload missiles in Iran was bullshit.

First off none of the passengers were Jewish, or Israeli, and second, the ship was in the arctic not the mediteranean.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Thank you Sir, thank you! This site hasn't had a thread about Sam for about a week and I was having withdrawal symptoms.

But now that you started this thread, finally you gave back the meaning to our lifes, which is discussing Sam's online activites.

Thank you again and all the gods bless you!

P.S.: Is it too early for the Muslim titties?

14. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

ever so slightly....

15. Gustav Banned Banned

both Syzygys and EntropyAlwaysWins come here openly declaring their intention to troll
    ban them and do not allow them to return

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Note for Gustav

We had a member actually show up here and, in their first post, declare their intention to pick a fight. For various reasons I would actually be embarrassed to publicly accuse, we did nothing. The member has pretty much lived up to that contentious entry for the duration, and we generally do nothing about it.

However, I will go so far as to say that whoever posts the Muslim titties in this thread, I will make a sincere effort to have them removed from this community permanently.

Don't get me wrong, I probably won't win that one, but, you know, it wouldn't be boring.

17. Gustav Banned Banned

ignores context and cannot comprehend the rhetoric

heh, cheski's response to the op

sam never asserted anything of the sort. go back and read

there are no assertions in the op, just questions. as cheski equates this with denial so does james. look how james disingenuously makes that point....

there is no denial on sam's part but james trollishly make it seem the case by giving that particular recommendation

bad james
    bad! bad!

members should be free to post in their personal areas of interest

cite the claim and take it to fd. whats stopping you?

yup
    still tho, nothing like a frivolous complaint to stir up the braindead amongst the mod team

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  18. Gustav Banned Banned

perhaps an illustration of sam's mindset

comprende? si? no?
    i bet you retards want me to explain, huh?

/sneer

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Assessing the Complaint

Assessing the Complaint:

It's a fair question, given that some pro-Israeli parties are denouncing a well-known Jewish, Zionist lawyer as an anti-Semite. Indeed, I consider this accusation fallacious, which isn't a good way to start.

Well, in the first place, she could stand on precedent alone. Plenty of people will tell me they didn't read my post and then proceed to tell me what's wrong with it. In one case, a moderator told me my complaint was not valid, and then crowed that he didn't read it.

Beyond that, though, what would have been so wrong with posting the transcript? It seems problematic, to say the least, to tell someone to watch thirty-one minutes of video while giving them no useful contextual cues.

Furthermore, the accusation of bogus claims regarding its contents is not substantiated. The section of the transcript (provided by S.A.M.) offered is seven paragraphs long. The first three complain that nobody ever did enough damage to the Palestinians. The fourth invokes World War II and, together with the fifth claims that attempting to minimize casualties excuses, say, the slaughter of children. What is he going to say? "452 children? It's better than 4,500 children, isn't it? That's what we really wanted to do, but we decided to restrain ourselves just for you.

The sixth paragraph praises Israel and attacks the UNHRC, which attack continues in the seventh.

At no point in that excerpt did Mr. Netanyahu actually attempt to refute the accusations made in the Goldstone report.

The links provided do not support the claim. At best, such an accusation is only valid according the preconception that this is the only thing S.A.M. could possibly be doing.

What is the actual statistical breakdown on that? I've never gone back and counted.

Have you?

Strange that no citation was made for this one.

To the other, let's think about numbers for a minute. Six million Jews murdered in World War II. It's horrifying. But if it's all about numbers, twenty-four million Russians died in World War II; between twelve and fourteen million. (Wikipedia, "World War II Casualties")

The reason the six million Jews is such a ghastly number is that it was calculated murder. Rwanda in 1994 was horrifying, and that slaughter reached maybe a million, with a footnote suggesting that equals seven out of ten Tutsis killed (Wikipedia, "Rwandan Genocide"). But look at that rhetoric: "... and that slaughter reached maybe a million". Maybe? Doesn't that sound almost mitigating?

Never again. It's a promise we've broken how many times? The Holocaust represents the darkest moment in Western civilization, and arguably the darkest moment in human history. But the comparison of other atrocities to the Holocaust is best found in considering the calculation of murder.

I would be very interested to see these claims and the threads in which they occurred.

Initial Verdict: Complaint is not valid.

Notes:

Wikipedia. "World War II casualties". September 25, 2009. Wikipedia.com. September 29, 2009. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

—————. "Rwandan Genocide". September 29, 2009. Wikipedia.com. September 29, 2009. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

20. Gustav Banned Banned

ahh
    i see you noticed
    12. If the argument turns upon general ideas with no particular names, you must use language or a metaphor that is favorable to your proposition. Example: What an impartial person would call "public worship" or a "system of religion" is described by an adherent as "piety" or "godliness" and by an opponent as "bigotry" or "superstition." In other words, inset what you intend to prove into the definition of the idea

32. A quick way of getting rid of an opponent's assertion, or of throwing suspicion on it, is by putting it into some odious category. Example: You can say, "That is fascism" or "Atheism" or "Superstition." In making an objection of this kind you take for granted 1)That the assertion or question is identical with, or at least contained in, the category cited; and 2)The system referred to has been entirely refuted.

The Essays of Schopenhauer : Book VII : The Art of Controversy

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Genuine question: what's offensive about the muslim titties, and why should whoever posted them be removed? Are there muslims here who, due to their repressive religion, don't accept the existence of a natural and normal part of the female anatomy as part of reality or what?

23. Gustav Banned Banned

why dont you post the pic accompanied by the point(s) you wish to convey?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.