S.a.m.

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Michael, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think James R is doing a fine job. Moderating isn't easy, and they don't pay you anything for it. You can't please all the people all the time.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Try Again No, I'm not a mod. Registered Senior Member

I look forward to SAM's return.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Is that necesary to determine... wont the thred end of its own accord when people have nuthin to add.???

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

I saw SAM's pic in the pic thread. Man, she's actually hot! (I am currently drunk and shall regret posting it in the morning.)

I thought she was like 200 pounds and had bad skin, but she isn't and doesn't!

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Why continue an exercise in futility?

I'll simply say that this has been an enlightening experience. I've learned that our talk of science and the scientific method is just a bullshit front, and that it's much easier to do a fine job as an authority figure here, since I had previously figured integrity and the ability to be rational were part of the job.

To the other, I'll have to think about whether or not I want to lower myself to this new standard.

9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Any member who creates this much controversy like wanderer has eventually been banned no matter their intellectual input or popularity. Is it worth it to have a divided community quarreling and quibbling? I don't know but it turns the board into a one tune turntable.

10. Gustav Banned Banned

yes
    that is the norm but it appears that james has a vested interest in ensuring its demise

like you said tho, let it die a natural death. if people wanna pontificate about all this, who is to say they cannot? james?

11. Doreen Valued Senior Member

This community - like most I know - is quarreling and quibbling about a whole range of topics. Neither SAM nor Wanderer - who I've met in other forums - create the q ing. Wanderer went personal often immediately, even without disagreement, telling people they were stupid and focusing on the person, rather than on their positions. It was nearly a rule.

Further I find this idea that controversial figures should not be part of communities is a position only taken by people who want that specific person out of the community. It is also an argument that can be used against types of people. These gays are always stirring up controversy. Sometimes controversy is good. It brings out the values of a community. Often it is inevitable, since communities' values are evolving.

We could as easily say we should get rid of people who are never controversial. It is a discussion forum after all; they wouldn't be carrying their weight.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

They were divisive plain and simple. Wanderer was highly controversial and it led to several bans and a permaban that I didn't particularly agree with but could see their point which is that he created nothing but negative debate and 'divisiveness'. In the six or more years I have been here there were only two who fell into that category and it was Wanderer and Sam. Even Xev and Gendy weren't divisive to this degree even if they were controversial. Quibbling about an issue is not the same as quibbling and arguing about the speaker. The Wanderer didn't start out attacking people personally, no more than Xev would. One could easily have said he was using the 'tactics of others against them' which he did express as 'displaying their own stupidity' and 'mocking the intelligent community'.

Wanderer knew he would eventually be banned but so does Sam. She said so herself in one thread that she expected to eventually be banned. Why would someone go out of their way to carry on behaviour that they know would lead to a ban?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  13. Gustav Banned Banned

here is what i take as a given
    james will continue to try, by any means necessary to ban sam
    he will hound her incessantly, doing his best to provoke and radicalize sam to the extent that it would be just a matter of time she says something that he can hang her around her neck

it is tried and tested method. if my memory serves me well, i believe spuriousmonkey was the last recipient of james's tender love and care

why are we waiting for the next episode where we have to go thru all this again? james is the fucking problem not sam. he can barely even understand what she says. look at the examples. look at the fucking incidents. he is not moderating her, he is persecuting her. a veritable inquisition

i mean, look how the guy jaunts in here and nonchalantly asks us if we are done. it is pathological not to feel shame and regret at all the incidents that have been aired here.

his goons? just as despicable as he is in their conduct. they now ask that she be sacrificed for the good of the community? fuck them.

its you lot that create the controversy.it is as ice said...

yup
    look inward to see why you retards turn into ravenous lunatics

i'll tell you what if sam has to go, i want every single one of her detractors to fuck off as well. lets start with james, bells, leibling, lucysnow, the jewish contingent..........

ja
    get the fuck out of sci. you disrupt our sense of harmony

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

14. Gustav Banned Banned

here we have the naive and credulous expectation that moderator conduct is always righteous and above board at all times

when someone knows they are banned or moderated for false and frivolous reasons, it is not hard to imagine that it can happen again

look at this again...

...look at the desperation

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You seem unaware that it is only open because of my intervention. Two other moderators independently came to the sensible judgment to close it.

You think SAM's "radicalisation" is my fault, do you? Ha.

Your repeated attempts to smear me are getting old. If you want to post links to relevant exchanges and posts, go right ahead, but you can leave the innuendo alone.

I could go to town about you, Gustav, but I don't. I don't know where your petty hatred has come from, and I'm really not interested to find out.

You've added nothing to this thread except a cheer squad and sleazy personal attacks. Are you done?

If this forum so upsets you, why don't you leave, like you said you would?

I think it's because it looks just a bit pathetic when you wave your flag and shout out "Come on guys! Let's all get out of here. Follow me!" and nobody moves. Then you pretend you never tried to rally the troops.

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Lol

I love the part about the 'jewish contingent'. Hysterical.

17. Gustav Banned Banned

you are an unsophisticated clod, james

"abandon ship" was utilized as a rhetorical device to indicate disapproval of the status quo.

you think i am the kind of guy that just folds and leaves with a goodbye thread?

/snicker

so cmon what kind of a guy am i? james?
    you think you have shit to smear me with?
    anything more than fucking innuendo?

/sneer

i despise you only when it pertains to your actions with sam
    in most other instances i guess you are ok

18. Gustav Banned Banned

lets find out james's take on this snippet

wow
    that is pretty insightful james. it is insidious and underhand

19. Bells Staff Member

We all know what you think Tiassa. You have made it plain enough for all to see. You have insulted and demeaned your friends on this forum. You have called us liars and bigots because we disagree with you and do not see things as you happen to see them. I would have imagined the copious amounts of posts on this topic alone would have made it clear enough, but it would seem you disagree. No matter what I or anyone might say on the matter will be disregarded by you because you disagree with it.

A bit rich, don't you think? We have gone 25 or so pages in this thread alone with you demanding the very thing you are accusing me and others of.

He had made a rational and honest argument. You chose to disagree and ignore it for the most part because in your view, it is easier to stand up for Sam by calling him a liar.

It was a fucking misunderstanding. It could have been taken either way. And yet, even when this is pointed out to you repeatedly, you choose to ignore it because you disagree with it.

You know, at this point, I really don't care. Your actions on this issue has made me not want to care.

The level of accusations you have thrown at others in this thread alone is sickening. You have accused others of lying, bigotry and other hateful things simply because we did not interpret something as you have interpreted. It has been a horrible and very hurtful display Tiassa. I expected better from you.

So now I am illiterate, irresponsible, unreasonable, a liar and a bigot? Anything else?

And I can't believe you are acting like a blind fool over a simple misunderstanding that he apologised for and rectified immediately.

How far are you going to go?

He quoted it in full.

How is quoting it in full a manipulation of it?

Which I answered and which you stated you disagreed.

I am being disrespectful? I have asked you time and again to take a step back from this and look at it again. You have responded by calling me a liar, a bigot, illiterate, irresponsible, unreasonable, amongst other things. And you have the absolute nerve to tell me that I am being irrational and disrespectful? I take it you didn't see yourself as being disrespectful when you responded to Fraggle in that thread in the mod forum, did you? You know what? Fuck you!

I did no such thing.

It seems you have forgotten your very own hypocrisy when it comes to a certain member you happen to hate on this forum.

Your loss of respect for me can not even come close the the level of respect I have lost for you over the last two weeks. You have acted like a spiteful and hateful individual who does not seem to care who he hurts or abuses.

20. Gustav Banned Banned

absolutely. to anyone else she would have admitted that you did not clearly say what she inferred from something else you said

but you do not know anything about simple psychology do you.
    you forced her obstinacy. you pushed her back against the wall

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Re: post #495

As you can clearly see, I posted SAM's entire post.

Why do you bother, Gustav?

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I think SAM can speak for herself when she gets back.

She doesn't need a puppy dog loyally yapping at her heels.

23. Gustav Banned Banned

ah yes when all else fails......troll

/spits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.