Rutter Et Al

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by ~WP~, Sep 17, 2005.

1. ~WP~ Registered Member

Hi
    I have started my A/s in psychology and I am new to the whole process.. I am interested in doing a career in forensic psy or educational psy ...however I have been given a theory based on Rutter Et al which is stated below :-

"Rutter et all (1998)-
    studied Romanian orphans that had been raised since birth in institutions where nurses were strongly discouraged forming relationship with the children. 10 male orphans who were adopted around 2 years of age were placed with families in the UK. Rutter found that all orphans developed emotional problems later in life and that they had difficulties forming relationships with their peers”

Ive been asked to write an essay forming and argument against rutters theory and I have been asked to state 2 postive issues and 2 negative issues in this paragraph…this is all new to me …and ive been told there are specific essay requirements …etc I want to do extremely well in Psy and I am wondering how to make this essay as effective and well written as possible if that makes any sense at all …
    I am also quite confused on how I can develop everything …so any help would be appreciated I am not looking for answers just need a basic guideline that would be very much appreciated
    I hope to look forward to some responses soon
    Sincerely ~WP~
    :m:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005