Russiagate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by billvon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Actually, Hillary didn't break the law. Oops! Repeating falsehoods will not make them any less false. Comey said, under sworn testimony before Congress, Clinton didn't violate the law. It's one of those many damn facts that keep getting in the way of right wing extremism.

I told you, Trump appears to have done the following:

1) Colluded with the Russians in order to get elected, e.g. Flynn, Sessions, Stone, et al.
    2) Obstruction of justice: by asking the FBI to suppress the investigation of his campaign's Russian connections and Flynn specifically.
    3) The firing Comey for his refusal to obstruct justice on Trump's behalf
    4) Trump's repeated demonstrations of a "consciousness of guilt" e.g. his lack of transparency and concern with respect to an investigation of his business dealings and Russian connections, and his repeated attempts to delay and shut them down, e.g. the Congressman Nunes and his antics to delay the investigation. And then there are Trump's efforts to prevent former Acting Attorney General Yates from testifying before Congress.
    5) His Russian financial relationships, and his efforts to minimize them, e.g. why did Trump sell a house worth 30 million to a Russian oligarch for nearly 100 million dollars? That smells of money laundering. Do you think that Russian oligarch and the people who work for him are really that stupid? And then there is the matter of Trump's connection to Russian banks and to Cyprus. Cyprus is a popular place for Russian money launderers.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Actually, he said she didn't "Intend" to break the law. If you read the law regarding the handling of classified information, you and Comey might be better informed. I wish that excuse would wash away sins on my behalf. I mean, if I get drunk and blow my car into a crowd of people, am I innocent simply because it wasn't my "intent?"

But we move forward, searching for the Russian conspiracy. There's no way the establishment Democrats will ever own their loss. NO, let's just sling mud, hoping that something will stick. If nothing more, maybe we can obstruct the presidency. Watching this show, I will never vote Democrat again; that is, if nothing ever changes with that party.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Hillary didn't break the law, period. It really is that simple. As Comey testified before Congress the FBI found no evidence of criminal wrong doing by Hillary Clinton. That's why Comey didn't recommend charges be brought against her.

I find it more than a little hypocritical, not to mention dishonest, when I hear Republicans complain about mudslinging. Where were you for the last 8+ years? Republicans have thrown mountains of mud. It's what Republicans do best.

Democrats aren't throwing mud. There is real evidence and real concern no matter how much you don't want to admit it. Every red blooded American should be concerned when the president attempts to undermine the foundation of our democracy as Trump has done. Trump has proclaimed the free press to be the enemy of the people.

This is serious shit, no matter how much you don't want to recognize it. This goes to the core of our democracy and freedom. You do realize your man likes and endorses torture? He loves dictators and is an authoritarian. The man is mentally unfit for the office he holds.

The unpleasant fact for you is our election is the foundation of our democracy, and a hostile foreign power shouldn't be influencing out elections especially with deceptive practices like fake news. As much as you dislike it Russians don't get to vote in our elections.

Let's be honest Bowser, regardless of ideology, Hell would freeze over before you would vote for a Democrat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

If he had broken the law, we would know. Hey, it's all good. There is a special prosecutor on the "Russian Conspiracy" now. Not that it will satisfy the Dem's.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I watched Comey's testimony. MR, if you had mishandled classified documents as she had, what would have happened to you?

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Same thing that happened to her. She was not found guilty of committing a crime:

"We went at this very hard to see if we could make a case," but "my judgment is that she did not" break the law, Comey told the House panel.

According to Comey, there are two things that matter in a criminal investigation like this: Did the person being investigated mishandle classified information, and did the person know that what he or she was doing was illegal? "It takes mishandling it and criminal intent," he said.

In Clinton's case, the FBI did not find evidence "sufficient to establish" that she knew she was receiving or sending classified information and that it was against the law, Comey said."----http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-...hillary-clinton-email-probe/story?id=41044927

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Dream on, MR. They would nail you to the floor.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No they wouldn't. No crime was committed. Get over it.

12. Capracus Valued Senior Member

If you want some insight into the kind of meat that’s been going into Bowser’s mouth, just read the comments regarding this article from a conservative publication that explains why Trump can’t use James Clapper as a defense against accusal regarding Russia.

Former DNI Clapper: ‘I Did Not Know’ FBI Was Investigating Trump-Russia ‘Political Collusion’ Until March 20

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...know-fbi-was-investigating-possible-political

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This has nothing to do with the Democrats. Trump is a liability to the Republicans.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Depends. If MR was a democrat, then he'd be arrested, sentenced and tried (in that order.) If he was a Republican, his accusers would claim that there was no proof, it was all the lying liberal media making stuff up and that it's all just mudslinging. And if anyone dares try to indict him - FIRE HIM!

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Other than trying to obstruct justice, which is a felony. As evidence we have a memo from Comey documenting his attempts to shut down the Flynn investigation.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Would you now? Do you have ESP too? We could save a lot of money. We wouldn't need detectives or the FBI. We'll just ask you folks. Wrong, that ain't going to happen because you don't have ESP.

Unfortunately for folks like you Bowser fact and reason still matter in the real world.

Yes we have a special prosecutor now. Let's see where it goes from here. All the Democrats want is a fair and honest investigation. But for whatever reason, it's very apparent Trump feels very threatened by a fair and honest investigation of his campaign's Russian involvement. And one has to wonder why.

Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to avoid a free and honest investigation. He has tried to stop Yates's testimony before Congress. He has torpedoed the House investigation by compromising he Republican chairman of that committee. And now he has fired the FBI director who was investigating Russia's involvement in our election and the Trump campaign's role in it.

Additionally, this isn't about satisfying the Democrats. It's about protecting our democracy. It's about protecting our government. It's about protecting our country. You and your fellow Trump supporters are putting your ideology above the interests of the country.

And it's more than a little hypocritical of you and your fellow Republicans to criticize Democrats for demanding a legitimate investigation of a legitimate issue given Republicans have spent tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of dollars on frivolous investigations of Clinton and other Democrats over the course of the last 3 decades.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

He joined Trump's campaign.
    Don't forget it. You voted for that guy in hopes of getting Pence - you did this to your neighbors on purpose.

They may not forget this time, as they did with W. Or forgive.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I think it's funny you follow your distraction with a clip featuring Jason Chaffetz, a man so dedicated to his job in Congress that, when faced with the prospect of performing his duty, he resigned.

Seriously, if you don't have anything honest to add to the discussion, at least be decent enough to spare everyone else the pointless pollution.

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Oh, right - that pesky Constitution thingie. Let's see, how does this go? We have to respect it even though the Orange One doesn't...

He seems (emphasis on "seems") to be down for the second - how about a firing squad? Not quite as viscerally satisfying - but adequate...

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

So what, precisely, would suffice? This seems to be a matter of old school house training a dog - as in, "rub the nose in it." Can you smell it now? Like, don't do that again?

Oh wait, that doesn't work for Bowser, probably won't work for Bowser either...

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Bowser and Honest - two words that can only co-exist in a sentence if the word "not" or the prefix "dis-" are involved

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

We would need a treason conviction, and we just don't get those very often. I'm actually surprised to see the word circulating with such assurance regarding the Flynn op↗, but that's a question of connecting dots that either we don't get to see, yet, or simply don't exist. We should be careful with the word, but for the latter the word should go away; it is, essentially, our juristic gateway to a Godwin corollary. One can be a traitor without committing treason; the Trump administration and, seemingly, the president himself, are already behaving quite squarely in that range, just as their voters hoped. And, yes, betraying "America" is exactly #WhatTheyVotedFor, all sixty-two million nine hundred eighty-four thousand eight hundred twenty-five of them.

And let's face it, I reject capital punishment. Traitors? Sure, they're all traitors. Treason? I'll reserve that word, because there is no way in hell I'm accepting any outcome where we line them all up in front of the ditch and attend that particular duty unto America. The Republic will survive, despite Republicans and conservatives.

The upshot, of course, is that we can enjoy their disappointment every day that these United States of America hold together.

And that's the sort of schadenfreude I can boogie down with all night long.

23. douwd20 Registered Senior Member