Russiagate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by billvon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, sure, kind of. It's a signal of what's about to come. It's messaging. Megyn Kelly is Megyn Kelly, but come on, it's Katy Tur―say what we will about NBC News, corporate media, and the like, but, you know, you can read between the lines, and she has her reasons for giving Caputo airtime, and quite frankly I think they're obvious: This is where the defense of Donald the Younger goes: "Do you think the place was organized enough to collude with the lunch counter across the street? It just wasn't."

That is to say: This crime isn't a crime because there is no way they are competent enough to get away with the crime they committed.

The fact that he is generally shameless is part of Tur's reason, I think. His testimony turned out to be pretty useless for the moment, but leaves plenty of potential exposure if records eventually suggest otherwise, and some of it just sounds like bullshit, so we're not done with this joker, yet.

But I think she's marking him like bellwether.

Meanwhile, the faithful son sacrifices for the filthy son in law? Which tragedy was that one?

• Cassidy, John. "Is Donald Trump, Jr., Taking the Fall for the White House?". The New Yorker. 11 July 2017. NewYorker.com. 17 July 2017. http://bit.ly/2t9z2t6

• Chambers, Francesca. "Trump's circular firing squad: Allies of the president scramble to shift the blame for the escalating Russian collusion and Don Jr's email scandal from themselves to each other". Daily Mail. 17 July 2017. DailyMail.co.uk. 17 July 2017. http://dailym.ai/2tk0MPL

• Riotta, Chris. "Is The White House Sacrificing Donald Trump Jr. To Save Jared Kushner?". Newsweek. 11 July 2017. Newsweek.com. 17 July 2017. http://bit.ly/2u2TIWR

Yeah, there is some interesting movement around all that. The part that doesn't make sense, though, is that Kushner is doomed, anyway. Or, rather, I can imagine Muller accepting that Donald the Younger really is that stupid, but only after extracting testimony against Kushner, who has corrected his SF-86 twice.

Meanwhile, it would also seem that the information exchange talking point, essentially the American version of our international neighbor's Article 19 argument, has pretty much fallen through. You would think Trump's supporters would be lining up behind the human rights argument. I wonder if the problem is that they don't think it will work, or don't understand it, or, well, are American conservatives and therefore hate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights if they have half a clue it exists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I don't give them that credit - they're the Hugh Hewitt station, the Chuck Todd station, the Joe Scarborough station. And I think whatever praiseworthy strategy or agenda somebody like Nur has or thinks she is battling ROUS in the fire swamp to enact on those lines was turned - Caputo not only took a long step toward exoneration of himself, he made solid progress toward refocusing the public discourse onto Junior's naivety and Junior's cluelessness and so forth.

When you let one of the primary mediators of Russian involvement on the Trump team state in public, without correction let alone mockery, that the Trump team had nothing to do with Russia, you've lost one, you've been knocked back a step.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Fiction:
    "...and Vlad leaned over the card table spilling some of his vodka and said to Donald, "Not only will I pay for your campaign expenses, I'll pay you $1 million usd for every day you are in office"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Fools don't come cheap"~anon

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Forbes gives a nice conspiracy theory, titled "Is Russiagate Really Hillarygate?": https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/06/19/is-russiagate-really-hillarygate/
    LOL. This made my day.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

One could reasonably call what the accusers/screamers are doing as sabotage. And, by extension, the amateur saboteur wannabees herein could be considered as culpable as the anti-trump tv talking heads.

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

No.. I think you have missed my insinuation...

Could it be that Trump is deliberately scandalizing his administration to encumber government with endless investigations?
    So much so that the chances of any good governance are remote... for at least the next 12 months or so...
    Putin must be laughing his head off... no solid anti Putin plans directed his way by a competent leader like the one Hillary may have been.

As far as I can tell Trump has got the whole of congress and the senate running around with out any real leadership... a vacuum of direction so to speak leading to ongoing procrastination and in-fighting..

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Perspective matters.
    (I was remembering
    Jimmy Carter's struggles with the Washington insiders, and the news media attached thereto)
    (it seemed that if Carter had asked someone there to turn off the lights, instead of flicking the switch, they might grab a wrench and try twisting the toggle switch until they broke it, then blame it on Carter)

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Do you seriously think calling up an ancient relic from the past like Jimmy Carter POTUS 1977/81 is in any way useful?
    Gosh! ... they didn't even have Twitter then!!

12. sculptor Valued Senior Member

More at perspective: (from one relic to another)

It seems that the Washington insiders hate and fear an outsider more than anything else.
    Some of these folks have several generations invested in harvesting the golden eggs of that particular goose, and the fear that an outsider might interfere with that harvest motivates them to be obstructionists.
    (but, then again, I could be wrong)

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Hung by his ignorance of politics? Perhaps, he should have deleted those emails along with another 30 thousand more?

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

So you reckon those insiders forced Trump Jnr to go to those meetings and write those emails?
    That they forced Trump to not reveal his tax returns not divest himself of any business interests that may lead to the taking of secret commissions?
    That they somehow twisted his arm into spelling unpresendented the way he did and make him use twitter on official business?

Maybe these insiders should run for president?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The only one doing any sabotaging in Donald "Baron" Von Trump himself ... no one else...

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It does amuse me the lengths some folks will go to try and paint Don the Con in a favorable light... to the point that they have come full circle and are now, with a straight face and in all honesty, claiming he is "not experienced enough to have attempted to knowingly break the law by colluding with the Russians"...

I mean, holy shit, if the guy is so incompetent as to not be able to collude properly, then why do we (as a nation) have any faith that he's competent enough to be president and handle generally hostile governments such as Russia, China, and North Korea?

17. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Yes, it all makes sense now, Hillary’s campaign staff meetings with Russian operatives, her constant praise of Putin during the run up to the election, and her history of business ties to Russian interests. Trump was right to call her a puppet.

With all of that help with media manipulation from the Russians, it’s mind boggling that Hillary didn’t win the election. I mean Trump got hammered with all that dirt about his personal e-mails, and those pictures of him with the hookers in that Russian hotel room should have sent his candidacy into an electoral tailspin. Thank God we didn’t get stuck with that treasonous crooked bitch Hillary as POTUS, and instead are blessed to have the most honest, intelligent, level headed, hardest working man to ever hold the office.

18. sculptor Valued Senior Member

One wonders if the accusers are sabotaging the will of the people, or the will of the electorate as delineated by voting districts.
    shades of Elbridge Gerry?

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The White House can't keep it's story straight on this one. They keep offering contradictory and blatantly false explanations. Their story varies from one day to the next. Perhaps they are just that confused and incompetent. Perhaps this is part of a strategy to confuse and deflect? Whatever it is, it is strange.

Now Mueller, the special prosecutor, is looking for the mysterious 8th man who attended this meeting of collusion. He is suppose to be an American or an American resident who represented a Russian family. If they find him, and if he is still alive, he could spill the beans on what happened at that meeting. Let's hope they find him alive and well, and he doesn't find some exotic poison in his tea or finds himself with a pair of concrete shoes in the middle of the ocean. He is now a loose end, and we know how Putin loves loose ends.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/polit...ald-trump-jr-meeting-with-russians/index.html

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, if the will of the people mattered, Trump would not be POTUS.

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hung by his deception and his violation of the law. He tried to get away with it; he failed.

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep. We would now be experiencing the horror of a strong, competent president, and we'd have to deal with the terror of being respected by the world community. Thank God we have an incompetent, lying boob instead.

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

One is not that stupid.

Seriously - one would have to be a fucking moron to buy into that backstop of a bad decision.

Yeah, it hurts one to be swindled, to be made a fool of in public, to have all those folks one mocked proved to have been right all along, and be presented with the bill. One sucks it up.

When the will of "the electorate" (as this one third of the American public likes to refer to itself, also "the people", "the real Americans", and so forth) is to hand real power and real money and real faith over to people who publicly rejoice in having gold plated toilets, as it periodically is, this is the common sequence:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...5138d35778cb7c403--great-aunt-palm-desert.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...e2e84a869e0d933d--tv-preachers-people-com.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3f/20/ec/3f20ecdc7bb2f367d9fe5408757751fe--jim-orourke.jpg

There's nothing new about Donald Trump. And there's nothing tragic about him. And the fact that Dave Barry was reasonably accurate - ballpark, metaphorically - when he predicted that in the long run the only thing we will actually remember about the United States of America in the 1980s is Tammy Faye Bakker allows us to predict something: Donald Trump, unless we get our shit together, is the only thing we will actually remember about Turn of the Century America.

That's your legacy, "real Americans". How can we ever thank you enough?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017