Runescapers

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by spuriousmonkey, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Why didn't you just name this thread 'spuriousmonkey and Kunax gametalk' ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Avatar, If I named it that... it would have been destined for the Cesspool.

I remember playing Runescape when it was first really developing, they had a plan for players to own houses in the town but eventually dumped it and went into expanding.

My character was doing quite well, until they changed the levels at which things like swords and armour could be weilded, next you know I'm running around not able to use the things I had been able to use. Then of course there was the hours of mining for stuff which was too time consuming (although saying that eve-online has asteroid mining that's just as monotonous)

As for the actual thread hijack, I didn't mean any offense guys, it's just tidier giving you a whole thread to yourself on the subject of runescape

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't have time for mmorpgs now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Houses would be nice. I have seen planks and tiles lying around in the wilderness. I was wondering what they are for. Maybe a remnant of the housing idea???
    I would like to see a bit more options in MMORPGS. I don't need fancy graphics but the world should just be rich in stuff and options and career paths.

Like i mentioned earlier. There should be someone that cleans armour. Just make it so that armour gets dirty over time. Some people don't mind...others do and need to get their armour cleaned.

I have been hanging around in the boneyard....where all the big bones are. At first I met a friendly chap, but later on there were only player killers. I died twice.

Lost all my bounty and 2 good shields. I don't really think I made a profit in the end. That sucks a bit. I hate PKers.

8. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

come on spurieon PK's make the game more exiting, even if you get killed they add just a little danger to the game.

Did anyone play Jumpgate, you could mine astroids in jumpgate to. But the best astroid(roid) was The Roid of Death.

The Roid of Death, a tini tiny roid directly in the main flight path, almost invisible do to minute size, until you where to close and it was to late. It was so funny to watch player, noobs aswell as veteran kamikaze this highly annoying rock af full speed and even afterburner, damn roid.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Pkers make it more exciting, but that doesn't mean I can't hate them. Technically only I should be allowed to do any PKing. The rest should just stand there until i chop their heads off. (like the dwarfs)

But I will be back in the wilderness. I am quite bored with mining and I noticed that actually if you don't die you can make just as much money deep inside the wildie as by heavy high level mining.

That is...if you don't die.

But wizards suck...even of they don't PK.

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

This is what i was aiming for

, but the initial cost for equipment(armor, weapons) does still have to be made somehow.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

oh yea, what does a full suit of addy armor cost?, can i buy it for a few fish, i can use rune stuff but the price is like x10 that of addy

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

13. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

crap, even the cheap stuff is expensive for me

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I got myself a rune 2h sword. So i can wear addy pants, mith full plate body, and a sword....3 items...can't lose a shield

and i am wearing mith medium helmet...because they are for free...since i make them myself...

got 9 nature runes and 4 law runes on my last raid in the wildie...not bad...and some 1.5k in cash. And some other stuff such as a sapphire and a few chaos runes.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Update...tried to make some money in the wildie, but didn't quite manage as well as this morning. I killed lots of monsters, but they didn't give me many goodies this time. And because it is more crowded on the server later on the day it was difficult to return home safely. In fact, it was difficult to get to my desired location safely. Mostly these wizards are attacking you whenever you can with their 12-15hp spells. We should form a witch and wizard hunting squad as we had during medieval times. Back then we knew real christian values. Burn all witches and wizards. I haven't met a single nice one.

In fact I am going to send Jagex an email in which I demand the introduction of woodpiles, where witches can be burned upon. The decent folk of the towns will sweep through the streets and catch all witches and wizards that they come accros. We then take them to the town square where we will burn them on the large amounts of wood gathered there.

And we will burn witch and wizard lovers too...and their family.

be warned.

-------------

I managed to lay my hands on some addy full body plate armour today. I paid a little bit too much...15K...but i really wanted it and the 100k on my bankaccount was just sitting there.

Just wait until I meet kunax in the wilderness.

I have from reliable sources that he has used spells in the past. That makes him a wizard.

---------------

As for dwarfs...Deeper inside the wildie there are Chaosdwarfs. They are not quite the friendly dwarfs that reside in the mines. They are level 48 and have a temper. But sometimes they bring nice presents.

16. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

You should start praying some more ye of little faith, the level 37 preacher skill is protection from those nasty mages.

Im more of a pagan myself, everything by the book goes, especial if it a big and heavy book, magic, stabing, choping, sniffing shrimp or trout.

but im a lazy pagan on a tight budget, so im still wearing my 2nd hand steel armor, except for the helmet which i lost.

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Played runescape a bit today, got bored after some hours...and I somehow got an urge to kill wandering priests that told me to pray.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Spend most of my time in the Wildie. One time a stupid wizard was waiting for me in an ambush going in the wildie. That sucks, because you are not even carrying anything of value. So I died.

I then killed some chickens with a rune 2h sword. haha...that went well.

The third time in went into the wildie I hung around the boneyard mostly burying all big bones. Must have buried many many many...They sell for 200-300gp back in saftey. I leveled up my prayer level twice. And then there was a straight attack from a group of PKers. I ran like forrest gump and barely made it alive back into saftey. I had no food left or dignity. The guy chasing me kept saying: stop and fight. I just heard my brain: run like a coward and fight another day. His wizard pals were backing him up after all.

Made it back with 12 big bones (had to run before my bag was full) and some runes. And I leveled up twice in prayer level. Not a bad run into the wilderness.

19. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Yes, the planks and tiles eem like a leftover from the housing ides. But weren't the planks used for the dragon quest? With nails, to repair the ship? If you look on google, there is a screenshot that shows a new skill on Runescape (classic runescape): woodcraft. I'll try to find it.

20. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

I cannot help but laugth at that, tried it a few time my self, what he should have yeld was "Stop and fight, we are only 5, you yella bastard(could not spell courgth or court, no thats not it ether, maybe couert, coret, couret, covert aaah that was close, but not quite it, lets see Dictionary.com has to say.... ah coward thats it, much better)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I am a sad git. I became a member of runescape.

I must say it is a bit more interesting now, with different avenues to explore. Well, that is how it started off. Now things are getting slightly (or quite a lot) repetitive again.

22. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

AHHH!!! For some reason I cant stand that game. I dont know why.

23. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I have a good charecter if someone wants to buy him with real money. I dont have time to play anymore. I don't know how good you guys are, but you can check me out, my name is black_manta, search the scores. ohh, and in edition to my skills I also have about 600k, full rune 3 times over, and full addy 6 times over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.