Rotation of the sun

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by timojin, Jan 12, 2016.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

This is fine , The energy from the sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth.
    The outer surface of the sun is the chromosphere , but the chromosphere is not complete uniform , so as the rotation of the sun takes place , the earth should expect short changes ?
    http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/corona.shtml
    The corona shines brightly in x-rays because of its high temperature. On the other hand, the "cool" solar photosphere emits very few x-rays. This allows us to view the corona across the disk of the Sun when we observe the Sun in X-rays. To do this we must first design optics that can image x-rays and then we must get above the Earth's atmosphere. In the early 70's Skylab carried an x-ray telescope that revealed coronal holes and coronal bright points for the first time. During the last decade Yohkoh, provided a wealth of information and images on the sun's corona. Today we have the SOHO and TRACE satellites obtaining new and exciting observations of the Sun's corona, its features, and its dynamic character.
    Coronal holes are regions where the corona is dark. These features were discovered when X-ray telescopes were first flown above the earth's atmosphere to reveal the structure of the corona across the solar disc. Coronal holes are associated with "open" magnetic field lines and are often found at the Sun's poles. The high-speed solar wind is known to originate in coronal holes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your calculations are not in question, although certainly in the past they have been.
    The question:
    I answered:
    That is of course essentially correct.
    you replied referencing my post.......
    I replied........

The red highlighted bits in your reply are what I am referring to...Think about it.....
    The Perhelion occurs around 3rd January, and yet temperatures are much cooler in the Northern hemisphere at this time: This shows that the orbital parameters of the Earth has little to nothing to do with temperatures and intensity of heat on the Earth. Which is what I said.
    Then you make the rather obvious claim, "3. Earth face as half towards Sun on any giving point".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean what do you really expect? How could the Earth ever have its whole surface facing the Sun

Or are you claiming that the Earth is a flat, one-sided disk always facing the Sun?

And of course overall, your relevant post is no more than an effort to gouge back some credibility by adding figures, pedant etc, after your many booboos on this forum.
    The fact remains that the "energy rate" received on Earth's surface at anyone time, has nothing to do with the Sun's rotation". which you appear in your obfuscation to argue against.

Let me add further though, that the Sun being a Plasma and a giant nuclear fusion reactor, is prone to CME's solar flares and Sunspots: And although most probably these are due to the Sun's rotation and twisted magnetic field lines, they can occur anywhere at any time and are seen to operate from maximum to minimum in 11 year cycles, at least with regards to Sun spots.

The overall intensity of heat from the Sun is humoungous but also the Earth only receives a very small fraction of a fraction of that energy, which is enough anyway to warm the earth and drive its climate changes in partnership with the Earth's tilt and to a much much lesser extent, the geographical forms on the Earth's surface.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yep, this was called BBN , Big Bang Nucleosynthesis and it is thought that within the first three minutes the nucleus of H3 and 4, along with the isotope deuterium as well as some Lithium as origin reminded us of.
    These were though in small amounts: Hydrogen far outweighed the rest.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

I hope you have read my link from NASA which you are ignoring the information .
    I prefer you don't answer , I hope to hear comments from other posters
    http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/corona.shtml

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Exactly, and of course can form anywhere, anytime, although we do have minimum and maximum 11 year cycles.
    Agreed, and thanks for that paper: Interesting.
    extract:
    Strong evidence is provided that the Sun is a high density/high energy liquid plasma

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What you prefer is of no concern to me, and I do suggest you grow up.
    And I do not ignore anything...perhaps I missed your link: So please elaborate as to what I'm supposed to be noting in your link.
    From what I see, nothing extraordinary and nothing that I disagree with, so? what's your point?

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So you don't have a point. Just what I envisaged. All froth and bubble.

11. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...other Posters prefer to abstain once a Thread is derailed and hijacked...

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Totally agree!!
    The question:
    The answer:
    The true nature of the thread and the general validity of the questioner as indicated by the following remarks........
    When people get a record on the nature of past posts, well you know...You live by the sword etc etc..........
    The first attempted troll......
    The reply to troll and corrections.....
    And the evidence as to the nature and genuine questions of the initiator of the OP.
    That just about says it all.....

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Comments about what?

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

Rotation of the sun and any effect on the earth

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

See post 5 and 16.

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I thought that had been answered. The energy output of the sun varies from area to area on the sun, there is no doubt about that. The variation in energy output from area to area on the sun do not have much effect on the earth on a day by day basis. Weather patterns have a much larger effect than the short duration variations of a couple of watts/m2.

17. timojin Valued Senior Member

Well I might agree with you if we look in average per year, but from week to week there will be a difference . The picture below tell me there is more the what you guys expressed.
    http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/images/Yohkoh_920508.jpg
    http://xrt.cfa.harvard.edu/xpow/20151110.html
    http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/Helioseismology.shtml

18. The God Valued Senior Member

Can you please reference a single calculation of mine which is incorrect or it is just your false and baseless accusation.

The above was in response to my statement that assuming Earth sun facing surface area be the same. This needs some explaining to you, hope you will understand.

Take a table top Lamp, put it on your dining table and now take an egg (oval shape), treat the lamp as the sun and egg as earth, and manipulate the egg (orient - re orient) infront of lamp and see for yourself if the surface area of the earth facing the sun remains same or not ? [And mind you, we are not even talking about bulge here].

19. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy,

It is absolutely incorrect and dishonest assessment by you.

It is now clear that OP issue is worth the discussion and many points are being highlighted and discussed. AlexG probably was privy to OP and he took this thread very lightly, he possibly wanted to derail the thread without understanding the significance of the issue, Rpenner insistence that it should remain 'Ritation' only was also bad, its a public forum, if someone defaces the public place with his/her signature, it does not mean that the caretakers will keep it defaced only just to shame such person. It was bad argument and Mods rightly corrected the spelling in title. There is no trolling in my post, it highlights the intensity received from the Earth's point of view..And sorry, you made no correction in my post, you did not even understand my post, as clear from your subsequent question.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The BNS paper that was demolished for a start, but as I said, I'm not interested in your calcs....You are uncredentialed and inexperienced and a simple everyday lay person with an ego problem.

The relevant remark by you was at best due to English being your second language, and at worst a total and inexcusable stuff up.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, I actually hit the nail right fair square on the noggin!
    I understood your post perfectly, and I also used excellent perception in seeing through your usual pretentious nonsense.
    In essence then again, The rotation of the Sun has no apparent effect on the intensity of light received on Earth....
    The obliquity nature of earth's orbit also has no measurable effect.
    The prime cause of the seasons etc on Earth is our own axial tilt.
    And that is evidenced by the fact that at Perihelion, the Northern hemisphere is in winter.

22. The God Valued Senior Member

Again when you are cornered, you bring BNS or your old screwer or some other nonsense...I fail to understand why Mods are handling you with kid's gloves...Take care.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

My old screwer hmmm

And I'm cornered!

All I did was hit the nail on the head and showed your posts up as the fraudulent pseudoscience that they are and as most already know they are.
    The screwer that had his petty excuse for a paper totally demolished...the same old screwer who ranted and raved about a follow up paper that never eventuated.....the same old screwer that finally departed in shame after you saw sense to ditch him and return under another guise, and at least two others have E-Mailed me about that same obvious fact, no matter how you chose to hide behind it.
    The mods here are far to easy in letting nonsense such as yours pass for science: That is my criticism of them....As I said in another post, how many stricter forums are you banned from? Are you banned from Cosmoquest? Or do you just chose to peddle your useless wares where the standards are somewhat lower?