Rioters shout "allah hu akbar" - video clip

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Huwy, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Please don't automatically move this to the Cesspool please - otherwise it would highlight an obvious censorship. I am not being racist. I pose a question.

Here is a link to the video clip,
    With rioters clearly shouting "allah hu akbar".

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2005/november/ogrish-dot-com-french_riots.wmv

Here is my question, is this really just a "protest of the lower class about the poor conditions and the inability to find work" - as some commentators would have you believe?
    Or does it have religious implications?

If it has no religious implications, then what is the cause of the shouting "god is great"?? What does that have to do with "we are discriminated against" or "we are poor" or "no-one will give us a job"??

PEACE
    Huwy

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

As France passed legislation to discriminate against the wearing of the traditional religious headdress in state schools, I think tax paying Muslims have a right to be pissed off.

You can wear a baseball cap, because it isn't religious, but you can't wear a hijab.

Now, I'm no fan of religion, but I'm even less of a fan of the state meddling in personal affairs, and what you wear on your head, and why you wear it, is personal.

State schools should be religiously neutral, but the individuals that attend should be free to be what they want, even if religion is complete and utter bullshit.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

So what if you can't wear a hijab? I find the hijab offensive and sexist anyway, it is a symbol for male ownership and possession of women.
    If there is any symbol of oppression that people like Duendy should be complaining about, it is the hijab. Again, not being racist.

But what has that got to do with rioting at night, shooting at police, setting cars on fire, assaulting people, and shouting "allah hu akbar"??

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Is your assertion that God isn't great? Does he suck?

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

LOL- yeah, it is a bit arbitrary
    Maybe it's because religion has a 'fill in the blank' aspect to it. What I mean is- stuff that people are incapable of finding the answers or solutions to, they default to the "higher power" concept until the mystery/problem is solved.

......either that, or maybe rioting mobs are limited to using a few pre-selected angry chants. Maybe there is a rioters rulebook somewhere--- and shortly before the riot, the people picked from a list and came to a concensus.

Angry guy 1: "lets see...... Ok, according to page 3 section 9, we can either shout "No justice, no peace", "No new taxes", "The roof is on fire" or "Allah Hu Akbar"

Angry guy 2" "the forth one is the closest. Let's use that one"

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

You can't wear a hijab, but you can wear a cross. You dont see a double standard here?

Opinion amongst Muslim women is divided over that. Of course, this completely ignores the role & responsibilities of men under Islam. Islam recognises men and women have different roles. If you think men and women are equal under christianity, again, you are missing the double standard.

You want to talk about oppression, try the catholic church and it's attitude towards women. Seems you excuse what's under your nose, and demonise that which is foreign.

Being demonised for being Muslim, when Christians are no better, perhaps? Being legislated against? Being discriminated against? How can you not see what it has to do with rioting?

10. Roman Banned Banned

Are you saying it's not?

Of course their are religious implications. Only a fool would deny that religion is not playing a role here.

I believe the media is purposefully not framing the riots in a religious angle.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

okkkk lets agree that whats going on is rather complex...
    like many tings its a combination of differing things. yes there is poverty, LOOKat the fukin places. the dead souless 'landscapes'....horrible highrises, concrete, dirt, war on drugs shit, kids got two choices. some crap dead end soul destrpying job or gangsta selling drugs andmaking vastly more money. also theres the peerpressure and survival pressuer TO be part of a gang. some dudes if thy dont may get killed AND if they do...so thereas all that

......ten you have got te whats going on. you remember the McArthy years right. tte persecution of te 'commies' right??? then the 'ENEMY' was concoted by the friggin propagandaists to be 'COmmunism'...and ten came the witchhunt scapegoating frenzy of 'shop te commie/pinko'

NOWthe ones being demonized by the porpaganda machine is ISLAM....!it is te new 'ENEMY'...please see tis. fr tis is all bein concoted by the powers--many hidden from view. they have become demonized

last night i watched a docu on BBC4 TV about what happened to NYC Muslims post 9/11....this shit i BET yo aint seen on te news right?....they were hounded. armed police raiding long held businesses run by Muslims, men dragged off streets, locked up witout charge.....FEAR! yes. they were/are being fukin persecuted. obviously

i have seen tis going about. i haveseen Muslims pulled up by the cops, ypung and old....being taken ot of teir cars and harrassed by police.

we know of Quatameno bay right? you think thats cool??

yes, they are being persecuted, and many ARE religious. so what? sp are Christians. and no doubt if they were prscuted they'd besinging 'march on Christian soldiers 'or such like

who here has suffered persecution by the State?

12. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

"""You want to talk about oppression, try the catholic church and it's attitude towards women. Seems you excuse what's under your nose, and demonise that which is foreign."""

Hey I've always argued that catholicism is a fucking disgrace. So many examples of its sexist, hateful, foul nature - "if your son is disobedient then stone him" etc.
    So no I don't excuse christianity at all. George W bush pretending to be a "christian" and then bombing iraq is WORSE.

13. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Duendy whats any of that got to do with France.

14. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Huwy:

What exactly is wrong with people saying that 'god is great'?

15. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Nothing, but there is something wrong with burning cars, throwing petrol bombs and shooting at police, beating people to death, etc.

Shouting "god is great" whilst doing that, is the topic of the question in my 1st post - why would they shout that at the same time? in the same way terrorists shout it when they set off a bomb?

16. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

They shout it because they believe they are doing god's will, just as American legislators believe they do god's will when they vilify and discriminate against gays, abortionists, etc.

17. Victor E Registered Senior Member

No, I'd say you can't have a baseball cap either. Your not wearing anything on the head inside a building, simple way of showing each other respect.

This is how we live in a lot of european countries, and if the muslims move to our countrys they shall obey the rules that we have... other wise they can just leave.

Ok, don't call me racist because I'm not, the part about they leaving is not really serious but I fully believe it was a good desicion to ban the hijab.. I wish my government would ban it as well.

18. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

good call glaucon

And I agree with you Victor E.

Immigrants come to western countries, to escape violence, find better opportunities, and enjoy a better lifestyle and a better quality of life - and yet they hang on to the very beliefs that contribute to their countries having problems!
    Its like, "I'll bring my wife and family to (western country) for a better life, but i'll insist she keeps wearing the hijab, because I don't want her showing her HAIR or FACE to any other men, otherwise she might have sex with them!"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  19. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

I dont know the conditons in France, but it is probably worse than both of ours. Whatever they are rioting for, it isnt high speed internet and ability to use Sciforums.com.
    Go look the history of Palestine, and look up the people displaced by Israel's creation. Do you think before Jews moved there, there was no one ther?

At the time when Islam was found, women were oppressed in more ways than our pampered little minds can imagine. Now you may find the hijab sexist, but it is your point of view. Many of my friends(who live in America) wear the hijab, but wear it for their religion, not because of male oppression. Male oppression my ass. the culture of America is probably the breeding grounds for future bimbo's and pre-teen mothers and abused women.

20. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

Notice the rate of divorce in America, as compared to many other countries. It is a relatively big 50%, and the culture in America persaudes and pushes for flirty bimbo women.
    "desperate housewives"-the epitomy of sexism in a society

coming to a new country does not mean rejecting and shedding their cultures or traditions

21. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

What is the purpose of wearing the hijac for the religion? The religion must have a reason for the hijab, its not just a meaningless symbol is it?

I agree that America has a culture that exploits the male drive and need for sex and capitalises on female sexuality.

Flirty bimbo women piss me off, so does desperate housewives.

At least America doesn't have "honour killings", like they do in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and probably more countries. At least most of the women in America and western countries are LITERATE.

22. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

Allah o' akbar means god is great. Muslims say it everyday, and unlike Christianity, we incorporate religion with our lives and not just Sundays.

Funny, i asked a visitor at school what his relgion was, and he said Episcopalian Ministers Church. I asked him if that was Christianity, he said kinda, and went into a his level of "Christainity" and then the sublevels and then he got to his own religoin

23. Foxhound007 A registered voter Registered Senior Member

Thank you. I agree, the hounor killings are disgusting and merciless, and frankly I dont know why.

However, they have nothing to do with the religion of Islam.

How good is literatacy doing to this country?