Ringing in the ears

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by NMSquirrel, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

My relative was told finally that his ringing is caused by his stomach acid. I call that total bullshit. The doctors simply were unable to find anything, thus they have to blame it on something.
    Stomach acid my ass...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i told my doc about a three week old shoulder accident (fell off a ladder) and the only thing he said was "move it like this" (as he proceeded to make circular movements with his arm) it still hurts and it is now two months old..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

That sounds like a rotator cuff injury, Squirrel. Good luck, those can be problematic, sometimes require surgery to correct.

I picked up an upper respiratory infection last weekend, have had ringing in the ears off and on all week, just to throw another reason to have that in the mix. Infection has got into my inner ears for sure, that's the cause this time for me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

funny..
    I just got back from the chiropractor(15 minutes ago)..that is exactly what he said..he says it was torn..he thinks it may just be a minor one though..so no surgery is needed..(good..don't have money for surgery anyway..) he massaged it in the right spot and it feels better now..hehe..maybe now it wont hurt to wipe my butt..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Good for you, you have lucked out.

I have a friend who has had 2 surgeries to try and repair a torn rotator cuff. He says it doesn't hurt as much now, but he has limited mobility in his shoulder as a result of the surgeries. Can't raise his arm above his head.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I get this whenever I have a head cold. I know it's tinnitus and not some machinery when it happens because the sound seems to be coming from somewhere about 2" within the ear canal. Fun.

10. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Yeah, fun.

Mine is still singing along nicely...as a compliment to my coughing and nose - blowing.

11. elte Valued Senior Member

I had tinnitus in my right ear along with some painful sensitivity to sound after a particular hammer blow on metal. For the first few weeks, I got relief by wearing an earplug underneath sound protection ear muffs. Later, I used just the ear muffs for a few more months. I still want to keep that right ear protected from louder sounds after 20 years. I've found the healing process is very slow, and there definitely is hearing loss, too.