RIAA Starting June 26

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by efallows, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sorry Zero, won't work. They are looking at the IPS logs to see the traffic on the internet from your ip, not what is on your computer to start with. They are looking for "likely suspects". A warrant will follow for those they are after to see what is on the hd. Deletion of files won't work. All a deletion does is tell the computer to consider this space open for use. It changes the first letter of the file or whatever but does not actually erase the data from the hd. You need a program that actually erases the data. Preferrably one of government grade. One that writes over the place where the data is with 1's and again with 0's followed yet again with 1's. Takes a long time to erase files this way but it is the most effective way.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

2hd's
    1 for your files, other for the progs and OS

if RIAA comes , take out your data hd, stash it away, and low level format your primary program and os hd

or you could have entirely 2hd

1- Linux and legal stuff
    2 - Windows and warez

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zero Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

shit, better keep my head low

10. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

What if you don't live in America. Are you still under threat? That's most likely the case for Canadians. Everybody else should be safe, right??

Shouldn't mean too much to me though, since I usually download bootlegs and buy the rest of my favourite music on CD (Your plan will never work, Wet1, sorry!) But not being able to sample anymore will be a true bitch.

Filesharing has brought me out of the dark ages and cultured me into a someone with a fine taste in music. This is a shame.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

my sis told me that they have already arrested one man in Germany

12. jahlion Registered Member

I keep all my shared files on an external FireWire hard drive. I have a router with a built-in firewall for my DSL connection. There is another computer in my house which is my friend's that is also hooked up to the router. If the RIAA were to come knocking on my door, the FireWire hard drive would be hidden, and I'm not responsible for what my friend does on his computer. The ISP only knows the outside IP address but doesn't know which computer was sharing the files... Don't worry I'll tell my friend next time I see him to stop sharing those files

Now get the f*ck out of my house before I sue you...
    heh heh heh

13. Blindman Valued Senior Member

The music industry is just pushing shit up hill. Its gona cost them a bit and they certainly are not gona get the money back from all the people they bust, mostly teenagers and young adults. THis cost will flow on to the consumer further driving people to rip rather then buy.

The music industry is not gona to do this every year and for every one they close down there will be another five to step in and fill the hole.

Music industry executives are out of touch and greedy.

ANyway I still, since my first tape recorder, recorded all my music from the radio. Now my computer has a buffer that continually records the station im listening to into a buffer. Thus I will never miss the start of something I want to rip. I have thousands of titles and have never purchased a CD apart from the occasional present.

14. duke Registered Member

maybe the music industry shouldnt make cd's cost so much then more people would buy they're cd's

personally i dont think they should be able to charge $17 for a trash like Britney Spears ( no offense to any fans

) its like cheating you out of your hard earned cash.

the music industry should die for being so greedy it costs them like 3cents to make a cd

15. Zero Banned Banned

I gotta learn from this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.