Responsibility of the Theist

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superluminal, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Done. And yes, I do care what you appreciate lol.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

I'm not looking for people to prove their god, it's impossible to prove or disprove the existence of imaginary beings. Perhaps they exist and perhaps they don't. It would be as easy or as hard to prove Santa Claus exists or doesn't, as it is to prove that a god does or doesn't, even though hardly any adult believes in Santa (I think).

I only wish it were true that god could prove itself, then people wouldn't have to argue the point as much. Some people like youself claim that god has, and I believe you. But, I don't believe you came to the most logical conclusion from the experience.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Sorry. The response to proving it was really in regards to the OP.

But how can you say that you don't believe I came to a logical conclusion when you don't know what I experienced? That's just as wrong as someone believing that god exists without knowing it. Right?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

I do know exactly what you experienced, you shared with me several years ago back when I was a Chrsitian. I still have the PM from 2005 where you expressed how the poem that was written through your body helped someone else.

I have experienced a lot of events just like you. And, when I was a Christian, I always came to the conclusion that what I experienced was supernatural. Then, doubt creeps in. I've never known anyone who has no doubt. I know a lot of Christians and they have all had a few doubts. These doubts stem from the logical mind giving an alternate theory that explains the events. Or, maybe it is from the devil, if you believe that.

Anyway, I finally stopped fighting the simplest explanations for extraordinary events. Because not everything is as it seems, there is always room for a simple explanation based on fact, even if it is just that you had a chemical imbalance, and what you perceived is not what really was.

These are extraordinary events, and I've had plenty. I've also had just coincidences that might be explained as supernatural events, a result from something I prayed to come to pass.

There are so many things that I could explain was supernatual. But, life is like that, and before you know it, most everything could be perceived as a supernatural event.

Once I let that go, I saw the beauty of life and that is why I know what I believed was a lie. And perhaps I found God and its commands for me. But, I don't think so. I'll believe it in hindsight after a god calls me into service with its presence. Until then, I can only believe what is logical to believe, everything that can be proven.