Response to Tiassa on Gen's comments

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GeoffP, Apr 30, 2008.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Plasma closed thread. I answer.

Are you being facetious? One hopes so. You are considering - aloud and seemingly in good faith - that the insulting insinuation "the Jew" derives, by some obscurely warped passage, from poor American pronunciation. Even more oddly, you seem to want to point out that African Americans cannot choose their race - which, to your credit, is true, but actually related to nothing at all.

It is quite obvious that Gen's use of "the Jew" is an insult - which should be reasonably obvious from Gen's original postings, if you bothered to read them - and does not originate with poor speaking styles, but with Gendanken's latent or overt bigotry. It had nothing at all to do with a play on words, as you may see from reading further back in the original thread. I reiterate: are you insane or merely facetious? If the latter, then I do apologize. I cannot perceive the former, in your defense, as that would be an actually staggering example of idiodic simplicity. I, too, would hesitate to use that label here in the name of good manners.

I do share your feeling of condescention, the difference being that my feeling is justifiable, whereas yours is actually wierdly misplaced, or merely false.

Best regards,

Geoff

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It would be hilarious ....

I won't bother asking if you're being facetious. You have proposed that the deliberate exploitation of black people in pursuit of personal politics has nothing to do with someone's alleged racism.

Which would be hilarious except that it's just stupid.

In the first place, I had the kind of rounds with Gendanken that make you cry about how horrible people are years before you chose to pollute this community with your presence. Yet you dare to pretend to tell me how to interpret her posts?

Indeed, she could be freakin' Hitler, and that doesn't change the fact that you are, in fact, fulfilling exactly her point in "The Jew".

You make an assertion and provide no examples. Why is that, Geoff? You didn't offer them to Invert, and you don't offer them now. Is it that you find the topic important enough to whine and cry about, but not enough to give some genuine effort? Or is it because you don't really think the examples you need are there?

From Gendanken's infamous "The Jew" post:

Didjew catch that last, Geoff? Because it includejew.

And here's an irony you're not necessarily in a position to appreciate, so I'm going to ask you to imagine for just a moment. Not long ago, our neighbor Ripley dredged up a link older than your User ID in an attempt to make a certain point about my conduct. That link was from a titanic brawl including both Gendanken and myself. Unfortunately for Ripley's point, all that link did was make me nostalgic for the days when people just threw down and fought instead of bawling about every little thing. And yet, while I razzed Ripley for it at the time, I certainly shouldn't form a lasting opinion from that episode, because, lo and behold, Ripley appears to have understood Gendanken's point.

Yet, despite the fact that our present discussion arose in a topic centered around the question, "Should moderators follow the same rules has everyone else has to?" you don't seem to be complaining about Ripley.

This seems to suggest that your complaint about Gendanken is more about disagreeing with Invert, and now me—big surprise on that one—than any remotely genuine outlook on Jews and anti-Semitism.

I don't know, maybe if Ripley was a moderator, you'd pitch the fit?

Which original thread? People complained so much about Gendanken that it's hard to keep track of everything they whined about.

Careful you don't bruise yourself.

I think one of the reasons you won't provide any proper examples of what you're talking about is that you're quietly afraid that it's true, that you really don't understand the difference between real hatred and Gendanken's dubiously-conceived, perhaps virtually suicidal tantrums aspiring to some degree of avant garde.

So think about this, please: You've left me to go fishing. You would rather, it seems, that I go out, find a topic, decide that's what you're talking about, and think for you in order to construe some semblance of offense that you might be experiencing, and then come back here and explain where you've got it wrong, than undertake the effort to make the point yourself.

This, of course, conveniently would set you up for yet more of your petty condescension, with which we are adequately familiar.

So why don't you make your own case yourself, instead of leaving it for other people to do for you so that you can then whine and complain?

Best regards, of course.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Or you could just take it PM.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Sensationalism

But that's not spectacular enough, apparently. This is more about moderators than it is about Jews or anti-Semitism in general. Privacy, in this case, saps the vitality of the campaign.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Tiassa, your due diligence of the avant-garde is noted, and, largely dismissed. Follow along to the complete response and do join in the bashing. There's room for all. And, unsurprisingly, you've picked the wrong post, too. You got in, like Bells, half cocked, and proceeded to attack. This is partially my fault: I assumed you were current. I was wrong.

Oh: and I do dare to tell you what Gen meant. I double-dare you.

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1842054&postcount=77

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(chortle!)

Yawn. Geoff ....

Oh, never mind.

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well pigs do fly when I actually agree with Tiassa

11. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Woody Allen would luv this. I don't think Geoff is jewish at all, too sensitive to be jewish. Jews haven't survived this long against outright abuse and criticism by whining about insignificant comments.

Not a persecution complex at all. As Allen said in Deconstructing Harry 'the problem with you is you think you're liked'. An he was a jew saying this to another jew on the matter of being jewish. Its not jews she's insulting its you.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

jews cant be sensitive or too sensitive? its either a stupid statement or a racist one.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

On the other hand they're the only nation with a "wall of whining" in their capital.

And it's beyond me how anyone can actually bother arguing with Tiassa about one of his posts, they're always too depressively boring to read.

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

if it wasnt before, it is about antisemitism now.

15. Bells Staff Member

Which is ironic. He was screaming about the antisemitism before, when it wasn't about that at all. And now, because of his ranting, it is fast approaching antisemitism. As I said. Irony.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Or not

In order to attempt to accommodate you in the future, I shall try to learn to write lolcatz.

17. lepustimidus Banned Banned

lolcatz would be a vast improvement on what you currently post, Tiassa.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Yes, the absolutely moronic would certainly be easier for you to understand, wouldn't it?

19. lepustimidus Banned Banned

I'd prefer short bursts of moronity to long droning moronity any day.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Which explains your posts in this topic, to be sure.

21. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Tehehehehe. Good one.

You see, the effectiveness of your insults is actually enhanced when you keep them short and concise. Then people actually read them.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Spock: jews cant be sensitive or too sensitive? its either a stupid statement or a racist one.

Any member of any group needs to know which battles are really battles and which one's are silly and not worth whinging and whining about. This is neither stupid nor racist.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You have it backwards.