Resources For Learning About Different Cultures And Religions

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mmatt9876, May 26, 2018.

1. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Some places in Europe I would like to visit someday are Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, The UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, and Greece.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Has anybody here traveled the world or has visited several different countries?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I'm a homebody. From the US, and I've been to Canada and Mexico...

mmatt9876 likes this.
  8. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

That is nice! What cities or places in Mexico and Canada did you visit?

9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Vancouver and Ciudad Acuña, mostly.

10. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

What kind of activities did you do there?

11. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

In Vancouver we had lunch and went to the (very depressing) zoo. When I went to Acuña, I was much older, and went to la zona roja for drinks and other entertainment..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

mmatt9876 likes this.
  12. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

In Canada I would like to visit Toronto, Quebec and Quebec City, Montreal, and Vancouver. The Yukon, The Canadian Rockies, and Niagara Falls would be nice to visit too. It would be cool to visit the Mayan ruins in Mexico and Central America.

13. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Has anybody ever traveled to their families country or countries of origin and discover family they did not know about?

14. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Do I need to change my logo? Funny!

mmatt9876 likes this.
  15. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Ha ha! No need! Mine is a tree frog and yours is presumably a toad. Slightly different animals!

16. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Mine is Mr, Toad from the Wind in the Willows book, but my initials are DR. My mom called me a toad in front of friends many years ago, and it stuck. I was Sapo, Spanish for toad, on a couple of sites that are defunct.

My site will be killed in August, so any smilies or other static stuff will give an error here and elsewhere.

I wanted to get a tattoo of the golden tree frog from Costa Rica, but I don't see the point now..

mmatt9876 likes this.
  17. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

That is cool! I chose a tree frog as my avatar because I like animals. I was thinking of a fish or a bird too but I settled on using a tree frog.

18. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Thanks!

mmatt9876 likes this.
  19. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

You are welcome!

20. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Has anybody here studied at a college or university that was not located in your country of birth or current or former residence?

21. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Just for fun, and some serious fun, here's a piece of music that some folks hate:

And I'm having crawfish pie for dinner. Sort of cross-cultural?

Have you attended university in another country? As said earlier, I'm a homebody, with only one continent and 2.5 languages on my ticket.

22. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I attended Berkeley College in New Jersey where I live. My health took a turn for the worst and I was unable to finish. I almost had a associates degree in accounting and business administration. I attended college on two campuses by car. My drive up to a campus in north jersey from my house took me about two hours one way! It was crazy! A lot of traffic! I enjoyed college though. I had some friends and I liked the teachers. If I get better I will continue my education. If I decide to continue with accounting and business administration I will finish up my associates degree at Berkeley College and then go to a university and get my bachelors and masters.

23. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

You know why New Jersey has so many toxic waste dumps, and California has so many lawyers?

Jersey won the toss...

I know how insane the traffic can be up east, but man, you can eat well. Good luck with all!