Republican leader Boehner unable to explain how tax cuts will be funded!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Aug 10, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It is fashionable these days for those on the extreme right to ignore the fact that there are two political parties in The United States...to ignore the fact that the American political system is a two party system.

And why is that? Because Republicans, Tea Partiers, or whatever else they want to call themselves these days want to confuse voters and shifit blame for the ills of the nation. That is the whole reason for the Tea Party...to shift responsibility for wrongs wrought upon the nation by the Republican Party when they controlled the government. The extremist right want Americans to not remember that it was the Republican Party which doubled the national debt and committed the nations to trillions of dollars in future spending in the form of two wars, inefficient and corrupt expansions of entitlements (structural deficits).

The facts are, American voters will be going to the ballot box this year and casting votes for congress. They have a choice. They can vote for the party who has a plan to address the nations debt and economic woes (Democrats) or they can choose the party who doubled the national debt and made huge increases in the structural deficit during a prolonged period of time when they controlled government. And to make matters worse, the leadership of this party (Republican Party) has no credible plan to fix the mess they created.

I repeat what I have said many times before, if Republicans want American votes this fall then they need to put forth a credible plan for fixing the nation's economy and debt problems. American voters are entitled to know what Republicans would do if American voters return them to power this fall.

We in The United States should be having a realistic debate about our future..about the solutions to our economic problems...about solutions to our debt problems. That debate becomes impossible when one side refuses to take a realistic position or put forth a credible plan and instead relies on fear mongering and name calling as a subsitute for rational fact based discourse.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe, and who has ignored the Minority Party? who is acting like they are the only party in town, yes the Democrats, they have been governing as a only party since Jan. 2009.

Shift the blame, no we want the blame exactly where it belongs, on the Federal Government and the Politicians in Washington City, who are living beyond their Constitutionally mandated powers.

joe, explain exactly how raising taxes pay for anything? when the governemnt spend $3+ dollars for evey dollar it take in?

joe, explain clearly how any spending is paid for when we clearly don't have the money to pay for the Democrats spending spree, all the Democrats are doing is taking money from their right pocket and shifting it to their left pocket, and then claiming they have more money.

The Democrats are stripping money out of the bottom line of business, business who hire people, creates jobs, and is the only way to lower the unemployment numbers and which allows for the creation of value/income.

The problem isn't that we aren't taxed enough......the Problem is that Congress spends to much, like the coming $26 billion dollar bailout for the Teachers Unions, and State Government Employees Unions.

Food Stamps Slashed to Pay for Teacher Jobs Bill - Political ...
    Aug 10, 2010 ... U.S. Steven Slater Makes Bail after JetBlue Meltdown 5 of 9 ... That was in part accomplished by cutting food stamp payments beginning in 2014 by $12 billion. .... So the state threw out Democratic Governor Corzine in the election. ... So Chris Christie covered 13.2 billion dollars for this year ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20013164-503544.html

And how are the Democrats going to pay for their Union Pals to keep their jobs?

by cutting food stamp payments beginning in 2014 by $12 billion​

I think this is known as:

Robbing Peter To pay Paul

Or in a more honest statement, robbing from the poor to pay the Rich to keep voting Democrat.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Acting like the only party in town...ignoring Republicans? I suppose that is why Democrats spent so much time in conference with the Republicans on the issue of healthcare and almost every other issuel last year and why most of their base is upset with them for trying to play nice with Republicans since they came to office.

And how does this relate to the fact that Republican leadership has no plan for fixing the problems the nations faces...the very problems they created? How does that have anything to do with leader Boehner and others in Republican leadership not having a plan of action?

And who were those politicians in Washington precisely? They were the very people you are now supporting. Leader Boehner was not born yesterday to congress. He was there all the years and voting all the years for the wreckless spending that more than doubled the national debt and added huge increases in the structural defiticts which were passed onto President Obama and his merry band of Democrats.

So why are you still supporting those politicians who did the things to the nation you claim to be so upset about. And why do you continue to support and defend them when they cannot even present a plan to fix the nations ills?
    Well it is simply a matter of budgeting buffalo roam. There are two ways to fix a problem with the budget, raise revenue and/or lower costs. It really is not a hard concept to understand...a matter of basic math.

But again, what is the Republican solution to the nations problems? If they are not going to raise taxes then what exactly are the going to cut and when? Why is the Republian leadership unable to articulate a plan for dealing with the nation's debt and budget problems?
    A nice sound bites, but again, how is it relevant to the fact that Republican leaders don't have a plan for solving the nation's budget problem?

We know what the Democrat plan for solving the nations debt and economic problems are, they are trying to focus fedeal spending on keeping people employed (the bill you just referenced, keeping teachers, firemen and, policemen employed) by closing the loop hole in tax codes which rewards businesses for exporting US jobs and by reducing Food Stamp expenditures in 2014. The nation should not need as much in food stamp spending in 2014 as it does today because the nations economy is in recovery - not in a freefall as it was last year.

So where is the Republican plan and why can Republican leaders not present a plan? Are they just plain incompetent or are they deliberately being evasive? And if they are being evasive, why?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe, who are the politicians in Washington? :roflmao::roflmao:

Are you that obtuse?

joe, the Democrats claim that they are going to pay for today's, Teacher/State Government $26 billion bail out by making cuts in the 2014 budget?

Yes, balance the budget today, with a budget that hasn't been written, at a time in the future, with money that as yet hasn't been collected in taxes.

Yes, joe defend that.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I thought they were paying for it by closing some corporate tax loopholes.

9. John T. Galt marxism is legalized hatred!! Registered Senior Member

There are so many things wrong with your post that it is evident your play is to convolute the post. That way you change the argument.

So I'll the response to 2 things.

First answer the question joe, don't inject r's & d's. Simply answer the question it is pertinent and on topic. Why is it important that Boehner didn't answer the question?

Second, joe you can't have it both ways. You can't on one hand say that your OP has nothing to do with debt, and furthermore report me for bringing it up. Then turn around and inject the debt.

Which is it joe?

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, I think the question is are you that obtuse? Yeah buffalo roam, they are using a 10 year yardstick these days or didn't you notice? And I don't suppose you know what the period of this spending covers do you?

Your knowledge and thinking is let's say insufficient to the tasks and issues at hand.

And I like the way you ignore where the lions share of the funding is coming from, eliminating incentives to export American jobs.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have answered the question about Boehner several times. Why don't you go back and read just one instance. I should not have to repeat myself very other post because you simply refuse to read or are not capable of understanding plain English. It is intersting trait of the extreme right just to ignore anything that runs contrary to their preexisting beliefs or views of the world. Ignoring problems or issues or facts does not make them any less true or go away.

And I don't understand why you don't seem to think it is a problem that the people out their selling themselves (Republicans) as able to sovle the nations problems when they cannot even put together a simple plan to do so. Howcan anyone but someone on the extreme right take Republicans, Tea Partiers or whatever else they want to call themselves seriously when then don't even have a plan. We all know what they are against. But what are they for and how to they propose we get there? They keep telling us, well next month we will have a plan. Fine, but they have been saying that for more than a year.

The debt is not the issue or subject of this thread. It is a problem that Republicans do not have a plan to solve. If they (Republicans, Tea Partiers, et al) want to get elected to office and deal with the problems we face and if they disagree with the Democrats as they say the do, then they owe voters an explanation as to how they are going to achieve those goals and solves the nations problems - which includes the debt. Republicans owe the voters a plan to fix the nations ills. And given the amount of time they have had to produce a plan and have not done so, one has to wonder if they are really serious about their claims.

You want to take the issue off Republicans and their complete lack of a plan to fix the nations ills.

I cannot help you manage your biases or your paranoia (e.g. everyone picks on you, mods pick on you, etc). If you cannot see or understand, then maybe you should ask yourself why. And instead of blaming others for your actions, perhaps you should take responsiblilty for your own actions and learn from them.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  12. John T. Galt marxism is legalized hatred!! Registered Senior Member

Okay, joe I am going to ask you again. Without the partisan blinders you wear, why is it important that Boehner didn't answer the question?

Pretending you answered the question isn't answering the question. I get your fallacious answer from the blinders' standpoint. But you need to answer the question without the blinders on.

Then why did you bring it up? Again re -read the thread, it was brought up earlier you bitched & moaned about it, got a mod on side about how it wasn't on topic. So I let it go, and have been asking you ever since to answer a simple question, of which you refuse to do. Then in responding the first time to my question, you invoked the debt. That's what I meant about you can't have it both ways. It either is a part of the topic or it isn't. You cannot bitch & moan selectively about things and turn around and do the very same thing.

It is your paranoia that is strikingly evident. If you have all the answers favorably on your side, then answer the fucking question without blinders.

The ball is in your court. In your self righteous mind you follow all the rules to this board, so why can't you do so now?

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Your refusal to acknowlege my answer does not mean it has not been rendered many times. What is it with people on the extremist right...little things like truth are unwanted facts become invisible to them.

Let me try a different approach, why do feel that it is not important for Republicans, Tea Partiers to not have a plan to fix the nation's ills?
    As I have stated numerous times before, the debt is one of the problems the nation faces. But it is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread my dear john t galt is the fact that Republican, Tea Partiers have no plans for dealing with the problems faced by this nation...yet they want people to vote for them. Why should people vote for those who are clueless as to how to fix the nation's problems?

This should not be hard for anyone who has a desire to understand. Your refusal to acknowlege it and your desire to deflect attention from this very serious flaw in the Republican, Tea Party or whatever else they are calling themselves these days, agenda is a very clear demonstration that you are very biased and uninterested in little things like honesty and truth.
    Ah, the personal attack...a subsitute for reasoned fact based discourse.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am used to it from folks on the extremist right wing. It is a poor subsitute for fact and reasoned discourse.

By the way, I am not the one telling everyone that people are out to get me. I think the person doing that is You, and last time I checked that was the definition of paranoia my friend.
    I have no clue what you are writting about here. Yes people should follow the rules.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe, exactly why is it important that Boehner didn't answer the question?

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Because he is the Republican leader in the House. He is opposing everything Obama and the Democrats do to try to solve the nations problems.

It is his job as law maker and leader of the minority party to have an plan for solving the nations problems. And if he becomes speaker of the House he will need to have a plan..don't you think? Why has it been years, and he still does not have a plan other than to get reelected?

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But exactly why is it necessary for Him to answer now? especially when any answer by Him will be rejected by you, and the liberals out of hand.

In most of of the legislation in the last 20 months, the Democrats have rejected all amendments from the Republicans, if not out right banned any amendments from the Republicans

When He is speaker of the house, then he will have to have answers, and a plan.

The fact is He has offered answers, and they have been rejected by the democrats and ignored by the alphabet liberal news.

Now how does cutting a budged in 2014, pay for spending today?

Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid haven't explained that.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Nice sound bites, but no substance. I suggest you go back and look at the OP, watch the video. Boehner was clearly at a loss to explain his plan and admitted he had no plans. He promised one next month!

Democrats have bent over backwards and included lots of Republican amendments in their legislation.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Again? why does Boehner have to answer to your schedule joe?

Unadulterated bull sh!p.

Just look at how the Demoncrats passed Obama care, they cut the Republicans completely out of the process with reconciliation.

The only people bent over by the Demoncrats, were the American Citizen.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What process? The process to kill any health care legislation?

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Who said he had to answer to my schedule? Where did I even reference a schedule?

How much time does it take to develop a plan to restore fiscal stability and economic prosperity to the land? Isn't that what the Republicans have been promising they would do for the last decade?

One would think that would be enough time to put together a plan to do what you say you are going to do. You/Republicans are asking voters to trust you again after doubling the national debt, adding huge structural decficts out as far as the eye can see and running the economy into the ground. I the the Republican Party has a serious credibility problem...especially since they don't even have a plan at this late hour.

How can voters be confident that Republicans will do what they said they would do last time and failed to deliver?

LOL, my what a short and selective memory you have buffalo roam. Don't you remember all of the months spent in conference with Republicans trying to get a biparty deal on healthcare reform? Don't you remember President Obama calling a special meeting with Democrat and Republican leaders to discuss healthcare reform and how about when President Obama visited Republicans at their retreat to discuss healthcare reform? I call that bending over backwards.

And who could forget those monumental amemdments Republicans tried to add to the bill like the infamous death panels. And of course my favorite, the one that would mandate a vote on same sex marriage in DC and forbid regular marriage until same sex marriage was voted on in DC.

http://dcist.com/2010/03/gop_amendment_to_health_care_bill_t.php

And below is a list of some the the Republican ideas included in healtcare reform.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/republican-ideas

So as it turns out, your bullXXXX remark was really without merrit now wasn't it mr. buffalo roam.

LOL, No only in your imagination. But the American people did get a lot of things "cramed down their throats" by the previous Republican government:

- more than doubling of the national debt
    - going from budget surplus to huge budget deficits
    - committed the nation to huge structural spending deficits for years to come including 2 unfunded and mismanaged wars; huge unfunded entitlement expansions with "no bid" contract giveaways to the healthcare industry.
    - a ruined economy on the brink on another Great Depression.
    - runaway increases in federal spending/unfunded tax cuts for the rich

Oh yeah, and when someone tries to fix the problems they created, they throw temper tantrums. My what an accomplisment. I think if they want to be taken seriously, the should at least have a plan that can be communicated to the nation.

The nation is in such dire straights, we don't need to put people in office if they don't have a clue as to how to solve the nations problems...especially since these are the same folks that created the problems we now face.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Wow I am impressed...big print.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe? wouldn't a better question be, where is the 2011 budget?

Why haven't the Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, explained how they are going to reduce the spending, deficit, and debt?

Yes, joe they have the purse strings as of Jan. 2007, committee chairmanships, and are the majority now..

23. John T. Galt marxism is legalized hatred!! Registered Senior Member

2 things here, first, why couldn't you simply answer the question when I asked it? Why was that so hard for you. Second, has it ever occured to you that the reason he didn't answer the question is because he knew it was a trap? I don't think it was, and I frankly wished he would have knocked it out of the park, but he was too chicken shit to do it. I am just trying to figure why he didn't.

First, you don't fund tax cuts. What you and others who think like this mean is how will that money be replaced? Which is the more legitimate statement. However, this also presumes that the money earned by private citizens is the governments, its not.

Second, the question was emotionally motivated. There is no arguing or explaining things to people who are thinking with their hearts and not their heads.

The plan is extremely simple, and why numbskulled republicans refuse to lay it out there is beyond me. Boehner was no different. It is true that simply cutting taxes doesn't do it, dems are right about that, but not for the reasons they think nor will ever explain to the sheep that vote for them.

The reason you cut taxes is so the people keep more of their money, and more importantly the producers keep more of their money. The more money kept the more the producer produces. The more the producer produces the more jobs that are created. The more jobs created the more money earned. The more money earned the more money consumed. More dollars into the economy more tax revenues, which is the way it is supposed to be.

The party of numbskulls refuse to get the message out. Why. I have no idea.

But the other part to that and this is most likely why numbskulls refuse to delineate the obvious plan, when you have tax cuts you can't keep spending.

Here's betting that many people cannot tell the difference in actual congressional employment between repubs & dems. Both want that stolen money to use to keep their office.

Therefore, they don't emphasize it enough.

That's all I got for now. There is more, but really am tired.