Repent, for the end is at hand, or Signs ....

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'm wondering if the following is proof that the Apocalypse is at hand:

* Proof that misguided social priorities are now so thick as to profit our society in general: "I mean, the pay cut is another thing you'd have to seriously consider."--Rush Limbaugh, on why he's unlikely to run for president.

* Proof that I--that is, me, Tiassa--am right at least once in my life: "I've always thought that somebody's going to come along and say, 'You must give back [your money]. This is trash, and you must give it back.'"--Stephen King.

* Proof that the Apocalypse has arrived: That the above two signs are conveyed through Newsweek magazine, on page 23 of the October 16, 2000 issue.

Darned amazin'. I mean, on the one hand, you've got Rush Limbaugh admitting he's a greedy twit, and on the other, you've got Stephen King admitting he can't write. That Newsweek is the source absolutely slays me; it's the first useful words I've read in the magazine in over 12 years.

Signs o' the times ....

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Tiassa -

Perhaps it is simply a deity's way of teaching you patience

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

FyreStar

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.