Religious male chauvinism

Discussion in 'Religion' started by mathman, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Luchito Registered Senior Member

You took it wrong, it happens that bonobos are not like you or me, they are gentlemen.

That primatologist by bad luck went to a bonobo ghetto in the lower side of the jungle. Over there female bonobos carry guns.

You say females grouping up to beat the male bonobo, as keeping the female away from the lover. I witnessed a different scenario with cats on the roof around my neighbourhood in my younger years. Male cats were to group themselves in order to scare the female cat to stay quiet when one of the cats have sex with her. The grouping of male cats is a must, because if a sole cat manages to have sex with the female cat and no other ones are around, as soon as the male cat takes out his weird lingo lingo, the female cat will attack the male cat and will even kill Romeo right there. It becomes a copy of the black widow in spiders. Who knows such is what happens with those spiders as well. The female cat becomes so furious that her pain after sex make her very brave.

Your hypothesis about bonobos' behaviour is female dominance, but I think there are other explanations. It seems is protection rather than dominion. Dominion is when the female bonobos are the ones who go alone or in group to catch their victim and have sex with him. I don't buy your version, and of course you won't buy mine as well. A further study must be made about it.

Point is that mammals behave that way, and others like birds and reptiles show the same behaviour of male dominance over females. We humans are mammals, and we of course carry the same instinct inside us. It is understood that by culture the grouping of young guys hanging on a street corner and sending kisses to a young beautiful woman passing thru in the street is taken as "offensive", harassment" etc. However, these young men are just giving loose freedom to their instinct as mammals.

I'm not trying to justify their actions but to use science in order to understand why they do it without someone having taught them such a behaviour. It's nature in action. Religion, and many people ignore this aspect of it, goes in accord with nature, at least the biblical religion does it. And our current society has reached the current level of knowledge and progress in great part because men used to follow those religious principles which are in accord with nature.

We can't forget that such is what happened, that our fathers, grandfathers, and etc. were religious people, and were the founders of our current societies. And societies went up even in the middle of injustice, segregation, you name it. Changes in society are supposed to continue, but those changes can't be forced. Also it is understood we are reaching levels of civility where ideals are taken place rather than the former attachment to nature. We have decided to break the former model, to experiment new models for society. Perhaps will be for better, perhaps for worst, but to me, going away from nature is a very bad idea, hmm hmm hmm, bad idea...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I have yet again come to the conclusion that Luchito is a troll or a fucking idiot.
    I'm glad I put him on ignore ages ago.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Luchito Registered Senior Member

I know it's hard to check reality as it is.

You know? Science has no feelings. Science is just an ordained method of observation and study to learn about our universe. We would like science to satisfy our feelings, our ideals, and more. But in many cases science teaches us our crude reality as a species and our relationship with other species.

I already wrote that when we develop new horizons like creating laws for society and others like politics and more, we also take a path to separate ourselves from nature.

The whole tendency which condemns man trying to take control over woman is on the other hand supported scientifically as part of our nature. Of course, I myself would like to reject such natural instinct as existent and establish it as a bad behavior of men towards women, because such is what social laws say about it.

And yes, social laws prevail in today's world, but this is not an indication that nature was wrong. You take the laws made by men out of the table, then men will start to take control and leading over women again in disproportional numbers than women taking control over men.

Rather than condemning this natural instinct in men, the best is to understand it and work -without insults and attacks- for a recognition of the instinct and the reasons why it should be contained. This is like making a drug addict to recognize his condition first and from this point to look for solutions and become clean from drugs.

As long as the defenders of women rights keep insulting and posting negative articles against men who take control in their societies, the reaction will be a contra attack rather than concession.

From my part I do not ignore anyone, I come from times when Desiderata was played in the radio several times...

... Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -
    Even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons - they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter,
    For always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

(Here at home someone just have read my message before sending it to sciforums and told me: "hum!... that is why I always listen to you... my dear dull and ignorant".)

I will put her on "ignore".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Except for the most dumbest and the most smartest

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

HUH WUT???!