Religious forums split

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Cris, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Dave,

I know you had to put the old religious debate forum into one of the new selection, but it now gives the impression to new members that the forums are dominated by Christianity, and you know that many of us here would not agree with that.

If you can and wish to of course, might I suggest that the threads currently under Christianity are moved to a new religious forum called, perhaps, Legacy, or Debates from previous BB, or Debate brought forward, or something similar.

Or am I just being picky?

Cris.

PS. Been a great day on the BB, pretty fast, well done.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Do you mean that the Christianity forum appears to dominate: the Religious Debate forum, sciforums as a whole, or both?

Your idea is certainly a reasonable one. I had been thinking of spending some time moving old threads out of Christianity into the newer debate forums. This would take some time, and is possibly not worth the effort (?). It may just be easier to archive the whole lot.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<i>"It may just be easier to archive the whole lot. "</i>

Yep, that's what I would do to it...REBOOT.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Potentially both. I noticed that someone mentioned, having looked at the whole site that, that most posts were for Christianity. To some that might seem a good thing but I don't think that was ever your intention.

It would be nice to see the threads split out and categorized but that is an enormous task, and very subjective, and I don't think that would be a good use of your time.

No, just archive to a different forum name, and then we'll start to create new threads in the new forums from here on.

Cris

8. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Actually I do agree with this course of action. I don't want people to leave this site thinking it is particularily biased. I'll probably archive UFO believers forum for a similar reason.

9. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Dave,

I guess you could always move threads after the reorg if you have the time. I suspect if I were in your position I would at least move the obvious threads. But then I tend to be a perfectionist sometimes, and I would always find it irksome to know that something that should be reorganised hadn't. Hmm, my english is breaking down.

Cris