Religion will prevail

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Luchito, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You do know you're swimming in the deep end here?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

Uh oh! Not any more!
    ================
    WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' membership in houses of worship continued to decline last year, dropping below 50% for the first time in Gallup's eight-decade trend. In 2020, 47% of Americans said they belonged to a church, synagogue or mosque, down from 50% in 2018 and 70% in 1999.
    ================
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/341963/church-membership-falls-below-majority-first-time.aspx

Dennis Tate likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Are you answer I to

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope. Some fish have evolved so as to lose their eyes. Whales evolved to lose their rear legs. Evolution proceeds in the direction of best reproductive fitness, not in the direction of your silly religious value systems. Your assumptions are incorrect.
    Nope, not even a little bit. It's the foundation of modern biology.
    Since we see complexity both increase and decrease in the fossil record, that's also false. Google "panda's thumb" - that's an increase in complexity; a whole new thumb. Google "idiurus macrotis." That's a flying squirrel that's evolving a new wing bone.
    I just gave you two examples where it failed.
    Except when he, you know, killed almost everyone on the planet, except for Noah and his family. And when he told his people (through Moses) to kill all the male prisoners, all the children, and all the women who weren't virgins - but to keep the virgins for the men's 'use.' Sounds pretty evil.
    In the real world some animals die and some survive until they reproduce. That's the definition of natural selection.
    If you have ever used a GPS, you have used an actual, physical example of time dilation. You'd have to be pretty ignorant to deny a fact that you have direct physical evidence of.

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I win

Actually have you got a link to a peer Reviewed Journal Published Article of your theory you can post in this forum?

We can all read and be dazzled

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  9. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Yes... .to a serious degree I do admit that I am playing around with ideas far, far, far, far above my Security Clearance Level and
    pay scale but.........
    I put in roughly a thousand hours annually troubleshooting pretty serious topics with people with IQ's at least twenty points.... if not fifty points.....
    if not seventy points higher than mine so.........

.... I attempt to use Nova Scotia diplomacy / humour to decrease the intensity of the conflict generated..... (please notice I got in over six hundred posts to Sciforums already..... and I haven't been banned yet)! i plead guilty...... I am behaving somewhat better than I might if I had not detected an astonishing tendency to do background research among the posters here to Sciforums!

10. Luchito Registered Senior Member

God plays poker.

It's not free. And you can't afford it anyway.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I believe that I can..........
    are you curious as to why and how????

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

No free. No wonder never heard of it

Not very Gideon of you

13. Luchito Registered Senior Member

You are an expert about evolution but a complete ignorant about nature.

The whale used to live in land AND water. Now it can only survive in water. It didn't evolved but degenerate.

It is a waste of time arguing with you, but if you keep participating in this thread you can learn a lot.

It sounds like that but such is the method used when there is no other choice. You have a town with a very contagious disease with no cure and that will spread fast and kill millions if you let the infected alive. You must save the ones who are not infected. there you go, no other choice.

It happens that your lack of wisdom impedes you to understand science and religion.

Then your new theory is not evolution, because Darwin, the Neo Darwinian theory, and the last definition given is different than yours and the best word to simplify your definition is calling it "luck". Good luck and bad luck .

GPS and time dilatation? ha ha ha ha

You have no idea of why clocks in space are always ahead of same clocks on ground zero. You have no idea at all. I will tell you the following, use the atomic clocks in space.

Explain the process of dilatation of time with them.

I don't want results, neither predictions, but the explanation of the mechanism acting for such a phenomenon of dilatation of time.

I guarantee you, there is not such explanation anywhere from relativist institutions, because such dilatation of time never happens. And funny, I know exactly why atomic clocks in space give a time data always ahead from same clocks on ground zero.

This is the difference between you and I, you claim your intellect is way better than having a religion, while I am proving you that wisdom coming from religion carries intellect in a more higher level. You won't reach wisdom in your life without religion.

Religion will prevail.

14. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Sure. I didn't expect it, but, why not?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  15. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Back during the 1980's and 1990's I read a lot of Self Help Psychology that was to at least some degree based on
    actual research in Psychology.

I agree with the general idea that the difference between High Expectations compared / contrasted to a Low Perception of Reality can = anger?

By 1990 I was angry with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in spite of the fact that I had been
    somewhat obsessively studying the Jewish and Christian Bible since 1972 or 1973!

My anger was based on my idea that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus truly was greater than King Solomon but......
    I saw pretty serious cognitive dissonance in the idea of "many called / few chosen/ a broad way leading to destruction and many there be who go in thereat vs.......
    a narrow way that leads to life and few who find it"........ and.......... some sort of really scary higher invisible dimension of space - time that is so scary......
    that taking out an axe and chopping off our right hand... .might just be logical..........
    or even gouging out our right eye for getting us into lust over somebody's wife????????

So...... since I had been fasting on Yom Kippur since the late 1970's...... I submitted something of a Thesis to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus based on my idea......
    that perhaps whoever "Azazel" of Leviticus 16:10 was........
    this Azazel might be willing to play the role of a modern General Abner or Apostle Paul type of person........
    and divide the kingdom of Satan....
    and cause it to fall........

I made an offer to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and to the Ancient of Days the Heavenly Father......
    for me to come back into any point in time from the time of the creation of Adam and Eve.... until that time in 1990.....
    an infinite number of times.......
    and I live out my life and try to bring more and more and more and more and more fallen souls to the Ancient of Days the Father.....
    and to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus..........

So in a sense.. I was placing a bet, proposed investment, wager, offer, bid..... . call it whatever you wish.........
    on... whatever was meant by the "debt / guilt of Azazel" as implied by or hinted at in Leviticus 16:10.....
    in the original Hebrew and the RSV gave me at least a good idea of the pronunciation of that name so......................

in a sense.... I was postulating a potentially heretical interpretation on Yom Kippur that to my thinking..... was built metaphorically on top of......
    Messiah Yeshua - Jesus having fully and totally fulfilled Passover....................
    so seven months go by....... time passes..... and voila..... a Yom Kippur event.....................

in a sense... I almost attempted to rival Bruce F. MacDonald Ph. D. for "guilt"............
    www.ThomasTwin.com/

16. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Glad you didn't compete with MacDonald.
    Wisdom not only teaches science but also religion.

Look at the known miracle of the blind man from birth. The gospel narrates Yeshu (the messiah Yeshua mentioned by you) performed a miracle of giving the sense of sight to this blind man. Yeshu used dirt and his saliva, put the mixture on the eyes of the man and told him to wash his face on the waters of Siloam.

The man obeyed and after washing his eyes he was able to see.

The common reader will find the miracle as full of theater stuff, mixing dirt, sending the man to clean his eyes, and the question is, why all that acting? Why not just saying" See!" and the man to finally see thru his eyes?

But, Yeshu, oh man, that dude was a master in wisdom. When I read what he said, what he did, ha ha ha... he surely was a master.

Look, every miracle performed by Yeshu has a "hidden message" that regular dudes can't see.

Yeshu used this opportunity with the blind man to preach and he became successful. I love the way he did it. It is very simple.

He went back to Genesis, when man was created. Man was created by the mixture of dirt and water: mud.

Then, Yeshu did exactly the same, he formed man with dirt and saliva and put the mixture on the eyes of the man blind from birth.

He told him, go and wash in the waters of Siloam. Now well, Siloam means 'Sent". When you read the same gospel of John, Yeshu mentioned before that he is the "sent one" by the Father.

So, Yeshu made the symbolic parallel of man, and he implied than man (humanity) has been created blind from birth (mud over blind eyes) And Yeshu taught that man will be able to see (the light, reality, etc) "solely" after he washes himself in the waters of the "sent one".

You have his preaching very simple to understand, and he used simple things around to teach.

Religion will prevail, no matter how the efforts of scientists reach their most, they will never succeed over religion, but religion with its wisdom will last forever.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Whales never lived on land.

An ancestor of whales, Indohyus, lived on land. They slowly became aquatic over time, and evolved the changes that allowed them to live underwater full time (blowhole, flukes, finned tail.)
    Moving nostrils to the top of the head is not "degeneration." It is a change of phenotype that allows an aquatic mammal to survive better while living in the water.
    Increasing lung capacity and the ability of their blood to store oxygen is not "degeneration." It is a change of phenotype that allows an aquatic mammal to survive better while living in the water.
    Growing fins on a tail is not "degeneration." It is a change of phenotype that allows an aquatic mammal to survive better while living in the water.

You're not very good at this.
    Ah! So to you genocide is good if it's done for religious reasons.

There's a name for people like you.
    If you think that, then you do not understand evolution.
    First off, it's dilation, not dilatation. If you are going to use fancy words to try to prove how superior you are, it would behoove you to be able to spell them.

Secondly, there are two effects in play here. The first is that things that move (compared to you as a stationary observer) have their clocks appear to run more slowly. To them, of course, their speed doesn't change a bit. Only when you have relative motion (hence the name) do you see the effect, and even then only the observer sees the effect. This effect causes GPS satellite clocks to run more slowly than Earthbound clocks by 7 microseconds a day.

The second is that things that are deeper in a gravity well have their clocks run slower compared to an observer farther away from a gravity well. Thus, to someone in a gravity well (i.e. us) the clock runs faster if it's higher than us. So to us, the clocks on a GPS satellite runs faster by 45 microseconds a day.

Thus the NET effect is that GPS clocks run faster than ground based clocks by 38 milliseconds a day. Your GPS receiver corrects for this. If it didn't - GPS would not work.
    Except in reality it does.

You're like the guy who can prove the Earth is flat because it looks flat to you, and you can see your house from a mile away.

18. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Thank you Luchito!

Do you like discussions with Latter day Saints?

Your message could easily be copy and pasted to some LDS discussion forums to get them challenged. I personally had never previously caught onto the idea that mud plus saliva = what Adam was originally composed of. Although I am not personally LDS... I find them to be some of the nicest Christians I have ever met... and they tend to not be grievously offended by my speculations and theories. My all time record for being excommunicated from Christian churches is two.... .in just over one month back in 1991..... and I am kind of amazed that I have been fellowshipping with Latter day Saints quite regularly since 2019.... .and they still like me and seem to enjoy our discussions in spite of the fact... that I really don't want to officially join any other church than the groups that my wife feels most connected to, (Pentecostal).

19. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Of course the whale itself didn't but he ancestor did it, living in land and water, and the descendant was born degenerate.. capable to survive in water only. No matter how you want to portrait it, it is degeneration.

That is a deformity, in other words: degeneration.

Improving? Swim everyday and your back will be bigger than your brother's and sisters who never got near a swimming pool. Such changes can become also inheritance and become permanent. Living in water only forced the species to get used to swim more and forget moving in land, and it is not because the body became adapted after the changes, but because it was no other choice. To think is adaptation is nonsense if not stupidity.

That extension was former digits: deformity and degeneration

Who told you was for religious causes? Can't you read the bible mentioned the species became corrupted? It is not only behavior but diseases. Specially sexual diseases, for this reason Virgin women weren't killed, but the rest surely were contagious of sexual transmission diseases, even the animals because those peoples practiced sex with other species.

Let called it "enlarging of time" so you can understand it better.

You are talking pure bull. I asked for the explanation of the mechanism acting for such "enlarging of time" to happen.

You still repeating and repeating "copying and pasting" what websites say, and those websites don't have the explanation of how the process of enlarging of time happens. Do you understand what the word "explanation" mean?

If yes, then please provide the required explanation of the mechanism.

You believe that "enlarging of time" happens by magic, because you are not showing me first time in its regular status, then its enlarging when satellites travel. How time enlarges? It gets fat or inflates or travels slower or becomes retarded?

When you explain a mutation, you show the organism before the mutation, later you show the stimuli or the chemical or whatever, causing a perturbation and or a deterioration or a deformity in the organism. You point every step, what are the causes and effects at each level of the mutation.

Do the same with your enlarging of time, step by step. What part of time is the one that enlarges? But first, what is the composition of time? Because for you, time is a physical entity, so tell me about it.

I just want you to explain such time enlarging step by step.

Look, that theory has 100 years already, and if no explanation of time enlarging is given, right now, with my seal I will declare it a hoax, and you won't have any argument to make, since you never came with the required scientific explanation.

What can I say? Just to repeat, religion will prevail. Yeah... religion will prevail...[/QUOTE]

20. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Pentecostals I know (Latino churches) are not only friendly but very united, like they help a lot on to another and have good character and feelings towards the rest in their assemblies.

Use the example of the wisdom of Yeshu at your will, other miracles are also messages he wanted to teach, and are also very good if not interesting.

I was also kicked out once from a church. I visited it because a friend got married over there. I was very attracted to the musical group and the leader asked me if I played a musical instrument, I told him the guitar. Just what they needed. So; there I was, the following Sunday I was part of the group. After weeks I fell in love with a girl and we went together in secret for two months. But someone knew about us and told the Pastor. In that church such thing of boyfriend-girlfriend was allowed as long as it was recognized by the rest of members.

On a Saturday practice. the Pastor showed up and started to make personal questions to every member of the band. Finally he reached me. He asked me about my work, my family, and finally if I have a girlfriend or wife or whatever. My mistake was to say "no", I was alone with no woman in my life, with such confidence of standing strong with my answer.

The pastor looked at me like watching a strange creature and asked me: Have you been baptized?' I said "no" again.

He turned furious and facing the leader of the band the reprimand was how in the world I have been playing with the band on the "altar" without being baptized. And he was blah blah blah blah while I got the message and in silence I left the place while the Pastor was with his drama screaming and screaming.

I was finally outside and my girlfriend was right there, she heard the whole thing. It was a set up. I was supposed to say "yes, my girlfriend is..." and the Pastor to open fully the door so she can get inside and everything roses, violets, carnations... but I said "no".

She simply said nothing with her lips but her hand... oh my oh my, her hand was like a picture, it said more than a thousand words.. she slammed my face until my skin became the expression of a loser boxer, black, purple, red and even green.

I have visited lots of churches, never a member in any of them. I do participate in live discussions, but lately I just write here and there, I am doing some projects and writing relaxes me a lot. Today is raining in my area, so you have me here in these forums at these hours.

LDS are indeed good people as well, I enjoy how smart was John Smith when he wrote his books. I have been taking some notes from his publications for one of my studies. I don't know his sources but I noticed he had great capacity to trace lines thru the dots of ancient history. Very smart guy.

Well, time to do other things, rain has stop.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  21. Luchito Registered Senior Member

It was something in my mind telling me that I mentioned incorrectly the name of Joseph Smith as John Smith.

If I said he was a very smart guy, is because his mention of elephants in America doesn't have to come from the writings he said were in a strange language, and inspired him to write his book. Because 30 years before he wrote about Mormon, in a farm, some slaves found bones while they were digging to prepare the land for cultivation. One of the slaves who came from Africa, recognized those bones as to belong to elephants.

The owner of the farm, contacted with some archeologists, and from Europe the visitors came and took the version of the slave and confirmed the bones origin. They took them for being exposed in a museum in Europe. The discovery of elephants as living in America in a far past, was thanks to those slaves.

Joseph Smith can obtained such information from any magazine reporting the event in the farm, and use the information for being included in his book.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  22. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Aha yes....... I totally agree with you that Mr. Joseph Smith had to have been an extremely intelligent man to write the books that he did......
    OR... he could have been a very ordinary man who had dreams and / or visions and other unusual experiences that sure seem to have been from a source
    of information above what you and I could easily access. A possible comparison could be the gifted Edgar Cayce.......... who sure seemed to be tapping into an impressive source of
    information while he was in something of a "sleep state."

Although I am not LDS myself I actually suspect that the Mormons may well turn out to be correct to label him Prophet Joseph Smith. I think that he and Edgar Cayce and many others, (such as many near death experiencers), may well deserve that title.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Or he could have been completely deluded.
    Or a bare-faced fraud.
    Cayce was another delusional fraud.
    The only "gift" he had was luck in finding so many gullible victims.

Dennis Tate likes this.