Religion will prevail

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Luchito, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Luchito Registered Senior Member

No matter how hard the non-believers work hard to debunk religion, no matter what... religion always prevails.

Religion appeared before science and while science is always in trial and error, changing its principles, changing its doctrines, changing and changing and never fully understanding the universe... on the other hand, religion always adds new information without changing any of its doctrines.

Religion is the sure winner, because is inspired, is taught and given by a higher source of knowledge.

Science is just human efforts, destined to failure as soon as a newer discovery becomes the new fade, and the trend continues generation after generation.

Religion foresees while science invents, religion gives hope while science only reaches comfort.

At the end of the day, religion will be the sure winner.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Bothness, despite what you think you know.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Dywyddyr likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, my world view has been obliterated.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

But it really doesn't.

The earliest pantheistic religions - gone.
    Greek, Norse, Roman mythology - gone.

You might be able to claim relative success with Hinduism; that's been around for 17,000 years. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva have staying power. But Christianity? Pfft. 2000 years. The earliest religious icons (the Venus figurines) are 35,000 years old - way more than ten times older. That religion, of course, is gone too.

Science started as soon as the first person tried to alter their environment, watched the results, and learned from it. The first technology was the stone hand axe - that goes back 1.6 million years. That's 1,600,000 years, almost five times older than the oldest religion, which in turn is over ten times older than Christianity.
    Really? Christians really still put gay men to death? They still ban people with glasses from receiving communion? Maybe your church is different from mine.
    Then why have so many failed and disappeared?
    You say that. But when you start puking up blood, you are still going to go to a doctor and not a priest. Because although you talk a good game, when it matters, you will go with science every time.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Arh but Christianity has theme parks (think Vatican) and a few franchises around

Some fell off the perch and few more close to doing the dead parrot dance

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Like you posted your post with

a mobile phone or computer?

OR

with Rosary Beads?

OR

with smoke signals?

11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

... or so they think

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  12. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Excuse me but pardon me, it appears you are confusing religion with the rituals of a certain religious denomination.

13. Luchito Registered Senior Member

A scrutiny can demonstrate you those ancient religions have survived thru masquerade methods.

Hinduism is not that old, you have received erroneous information. Hinduism comes from the junction of two religions, the religion of Abraham mixed with the Egiptian religion. When Sarah ordered the depart of her slave, the Egyptian Hagar, the servant carried her son Ishmael with her. From her son the Bible narrates 12 tribes, who were children of Ishmael. These children separated themselves to different directions. The ones reaching the zone of India, were Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hebrew names related to hearing, speaking and sighting, represented later as three monkeys never revealing the origin and identity of their religion, hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil. (the Hebrew word refers to cloudy, as when you can't see thru fog).

The authority or excellency word "Rajah" in India is the mixture of the name of the two gods, the god "Yah" (or Jah) from Abraham, and the god "Ra" from Hagar. Also, the Hindu Brahma is a derivative of Abraham. In reality the Hindu religion is newest that what you think it is.

Whatever man invented first, his intention was for worship. Your absurdity of man living on earth for millions of years is laughable. If your theory was to be true, then you should dig a few inches on any ground and find human or primate fossils, because a million years means millions and millions of fossils, and mathematics definitively is not on your side.

Regardless of how old the universe and planet earth can be, living creatures are to be on earth just a few thousands of years. This is the fact.

You can't realize the difference between a kingdom ruled thru the laws from religion with a nation ruled thru the laws of laymen. Even so, up to the 60s you were in trouble if you were homosexual and caught in the act. Because human laws have changed, such won't be a failure to religion. Religious laws stand still and you like it or not, churches by lots keep them and no homosexuals, lesbians or effeminate men and etc.e are accepted in those assemblies.

Failure of men is not the same as failure of religion.

As I said, science brings comfort.

False. An individual who is fired from his job and has debts to pay and family to feed won't go to a doctor or a biologist, but to social services and in many cases to God thru prayers for help.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Like becoming characters in superhero comics? Yes, they survive as carciatures.
    You're kinda proving my point here.
    What he DID was develop science first. You can claim any intent you like. But since you don't have both time travel and ESP, I will go with facts over your conjectures.
    Ah, I see why you hate science now. Science is a threat to your entire belief system. No wonder you despise it.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

False.
    False.
    But prayer doesn't help. Except for, perhaps, emotionally.

16. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

I have heard it said (no links etc) that religion began through a mix of desire and scientific understanding... but effectively halting scientific understanding at the point the religion began. All subsequent scientific discovery was retrofitted to the religious belief.

Whether this view of religion is correct or not, or whether it has any value or not... I leave to others to judge for themselves.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There are always plenty of people around who'll believe rubbish. You want to chalk that up as a win? Okay, then.

What new information has religion added lately, about anything?

How do you know?

You see science's ability to self-correct as a weakness, rather than the strength that it actually is. Religion, on the other hand, doesn't even self-correct when it is proved wrong about something.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No. You should learn something about fossils. Fossilisation is very rare.

You make yourself look a bit silly when you post claims that are just wrong. You should do a little research into the subject before you make pronouncements about it.

Unfortunately, all the evidence says you're wrong.

You're telling us you're homophobic? You certainly seem to be fitting yourself right into stereotype there.

19. Luchito Registered Senior Member

You are correct. People believing COVID 19 is dangerous to healthy people is foolish. People believing Mary is the "mother of God, the creator of heavens and earth" is also foolish. People believing in black holes, dilatation of time, muiltiverses and several other pseudo science, of course are foolish as well.

It is hard to find people conserving sanity in these times is weird.
    Let me rephrase that part. Religion acquiring more information in the meaning of its doctrines.

You won't expect religion to provide new mathematical formulas or solutions in chemistry, or invent new theories of science.

My point is that whatever is new in religion, it will always make it better understood without changing its doctrines.

On the other hand, science theories change the primeval doctrines of their doctrines instead of upgrading them or updating.

A common example if the theory of evolution which is totally a different theory compared to the original one from Darwin era. The definition of "natural selection" has been changed so many times, that for sure next one will be a genetically modified definition of it.

Some yeas ago, with other two guys we were comparing those definitions thru the years and we were laughing all night long. Those dudes from evolution, have invented new words that sound so funny...

I strongly thing evolutionists are ignorant of their own language, they think "updating and upgrading" means to discard all the old and replace with new. They ignore that doing so they have created lots of new theories of evolution, but those dudes still think it is the same one from the beginning... lol.

Wisdom from man is not that great. Man can have intellect, can enjoy great intelligence, can be smart, but wisdom... ha ha ha ha

Religion is a master in wisdom.

Tell me, to start, how can you prove wrong a belief?

hmm?

20. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Yes, it is rare. It happened a few thousands years ago, and was so recently that dinosaurs fossilized bones under acid have released fresh blood components.

Then, if we can find fossils of dinosaurs of barely 5000 to 6000 years ago, then when evolutionists talk of "millions of years ago" then we should be capable to find millions of fossils of very unknown species, because one million of years alone is a bunch of years... not joke about it... and if climate have change so radically in the few thousands years of the existence of man on earth, then climate changed the same thousands and thousands of times, and fossilization should have repeated thousands and thousands of times.

Naaahhh, there is no evidence proving millions of years of man on earth, such are fallacies. In this aspect you are on the wrong side, the dark side, the nonsense side. Look, in the 50's, the petroleum companies hired the inventor of the Carbon radiometric method to measure the age of hydrocarbons in the Gulf of Mexico. The measures revealed 13,000 to 14,000 years. Nobody complained. It was even published in a science journal.

But, some loony came with the idea that ancient bacteria lived hundreds of millions of years ago, so such is the new age given to hydrocarbon, just because a loony invented a new age when 6 and 7 and more digits were involved. A total hoax.

Interesting.

Discussing such word "homophobic", it comes that straight people who reject homosexual behavior, actually they do not feel fear of homosexuality and homosexuals, and totally the contrary, they feel refuse, which is totally different.

I don't know who invented that refusing homosexuality means feeling or having phobia, and such is a bad and mischievous propaganda.

To me, I don't care at all what people do with their bodies, such is privacy. However, I strongly are in disagreement to propagate a sexual behavior that surely is against nature. I respect and tolerate and I expect the same from others about my thoughts and my feelings.

To me, diversity in society is fine, and if thinking the way I think makes me different that you, such is also diversity.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You really do

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Yeah. It's a habit of mine.

Well, you got one out of three. Next time you might get three out of three, if you try hard.

Yes. You won't find religion inventing computers, or your next mobile phone, or a solar panel. We need science for that stuff.

I'm not so sure. Different interpretors of religion don't always make it better. It's more of a roller coaster, as the historical evidence suggests.

That's wrong. The definition of "natural selection" hasn't changed since Darwin.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information. Maybe you need to use a different source. The one you're relying on for information about evolution isn't doing you any favours. You keep getting basic facts about it wrong.
    You didn't answer my question.

To remind you: you claimed that religion comes from a "higher source of knowledge". I asked you "How do you know?"

Want to try again?
    It depends on the belief.

If I believe that Godzilla is in my garage, you can prove me wrong by going and taking a look, for instance.

Some beliefs are harder to refute than others, of course.

But surely you already knew this?

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There are no dinosaur fossils from 5000 to 6000 years ago. The dinosaurs died out about 65 million years ago. We still have the birds, of course.

Yes, I agree. There probably are millions of fossils waiting to be found. Do you know how many have been found already? And how many fossil hunters are there?

Fossilisation doesn't depend on climate change. You're correct that the climate has changed many times in the billions of years of Earth's history.

Oh dear. Where are you getting your information on this? Answers in Genesis or some similarly unreliable source?

What makes you so confident, when you're so obviously and woefully uninformed on this subject?

I mean, you have to ignore the whole of geology, virtually, and lots of physics and chemistry, lines of evidence from things like ice cores and fossils, genetics, biology... The list just goes on and on.

What science education have you had, if I may ask?
    Do you think that one measurement from the 1950s settles the matter of the age of the Earth? Is this what you rely on, primarily, for your belief?

You haven't told me how old you believe the Earth is, yet. Are you brave enough to tell?
    Hmmm.... interesting.

What is "homosexual behaviour"? Can you please explain, or give some examples? And please explain why you consider these behaviours to be bad or wrong, if you can.

What do you mean by "refusing homosexuality"? Do you think that your sexual orientation is a choice you made?

When did you decide to be heterosexual? Were you tempted to choose homosexuality? Or was it a coin flip for you?
    You don't want to "propagate" homosexual behaviour. What does that mean, in practice? How do you want to stop it "propagating", while retaining your respect for the privacy of what people do with their bodies?

Is there some harm in allowing homosexuality to "propagate"? How does it "propagate", anyway? I'm interested to find out.

Also, you say homosexual behaviour is "against nature". What do you mean by that? Clearly, "nature" has developed in such a way that some people are same-sex attracted. Given that, I'm puzzled as to how it could be "against nature". What does that mean?

Yeah, I've seen how you show respect to other people's thoughts and feelings. That really comes across clearly in your posts here. Hmm...

I'm glad we agree on the whole "live and let live" thing, and that we should celebrate diversity.[/quote]