Religion and women.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I have ant nests everywhere here, I walk over the nests carefully and they don't attack me ... I realise the odd one gets killed as they can run under your feet just as you put your foot down... but most people just bring in poison.

I realised they never seem to carry food so I need to investigate that...
    I get these other ones only late at night..they like sugar but are timid..if you tap the sink they run off.

So many folk don't respect other people so poor little creatures don't get a look in.

I have a nice spider in the van ...her little eyes shine like a cats when you put the light on her...
    Most people would kill her ..how cruel let live if you can.

Alex

sculptor likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I want not to offend folk...
    The voices in my head maybe....I will look it up...and present all research that may be available.
    Edit addition...
    Lots to read both positive and negative ..you look.
    I was thinking with the good graphics these days it would be interesting...

Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

This is supposedly(?) a Science Site, Alex.
    You are expected to backup your assertions with evidence...you know, provide direct quotes of me(dmoe) stating that I(dmoe) think of you(Alex) as "someone who has no compassion".

I humbly request that you(Alex) either provide the evidence to support your spurious allegation or Retract said spurious allegation, Alex, Please?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Opinions usually don’t have “evidence”. That’s not a knock on Alex’s posts - we are all guilty of thinking that our opinions hold enough weight to not require facts. Human nature.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  8. billvon Valued Senior Member

How funny that you take that as an accusation, but when you do it to Wegs well, that's just fine!

Your sexism comes through loud and clear.

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep. However, people in a group are generally more informed about that group than others, so they get a lot more leeway.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Someone like you - who generalizes based on how you want the world to be. A man-hating woman might well say that men are bastards, and be as right as you are when you say women are emotional and irrational.

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What's funny about this thread and the other on ''everyday sexism,'' is most women deal with this on a daily/weekly basis...I've grown accustomed to encountering sexists, sadly. It's interesting when it shows itself on a forum like this however, because then men can clearly see what women go through, without it seeming like an ''overreaction.'' No examples are required.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  12. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

I cannot do anything but concur(mostly) with your opinion, Wegs.

However, I have repeatedly stated to Alex, and others, that I cannot, do not and will not decide nor 'think' anything about anyone that I do not interact with in real life on a personal level.

Wegs, I have never Posted anything alluding to Alex's "compassion".

Alex has repeatedly Posted that he does not accept, and has pointed it out to other Members/Moderators of this Forum that they do not have the ability to "Read Minds" and that they should not Post what another member is intending or thinking because they do not have the ability to "Read Minds" !
    And yet, Alex, persists in stating in his(Alex's) Posts what other Members intend or "think" - as if he(Alex) alone does have the remarkable ability to "Read Minds".

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

This thread has lost its way - not sure if the last few pages have much to do with the OT. ~ lol

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  14. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Too true, Wegs!

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I didn't do anything to wegs.
    I simply pointed something she said (and subsequently did) that perfectlyillustrated my point.
    Are you saying her response and action were rational?

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Here is a perfect example of negative emotion.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Right - you just said things to her and about her. She has given you her reaction to what you said. Did you read those replies? You seemed puzzled by them.
    That women are emotional and irrational, yeah we know what you think. Just as you are - and as you have proven here time and time again. But you get angry when people point that out, whereas you expect people to just take it when you do it to them. Perhaps some introspection is in order. Or you could just read Matthew 7:1-5.

wegs likes this.
  18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

/drop the mic

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Nobody has thus far been sexist.

Emotion - a strong feeling deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others...

...instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge.

Emotional - relating to a person's emotions.

Now as a person who believes in truth, please tell me where me describing you as being emotional in your response, is sexist?
    Just because we exhibit emotion, doesn’t automatically mean you are irrational.
    You and bilvon introduced the idea that if women are emotional, then they irrational.

sexism - prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Where did I say “women are emotional and irrational”?
    I don’t get angry.
    So it is ok for you you to not only falsely accuse me of saying “women are emotional and irrational”, but of being emotional and irrational.
    That is so left of center, I’m wondering if you’re ‘havin a larf”.

Why not put me in my place by pointing out the things you accuse me of?

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Here you go, Jan:

and

and

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You wish

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I missed that first comment above ^^ So if a guy is ''emotional,'' he's not only acting like a woman, he's also a ''snowflake.'' lol

Jan, you don't offend me. It's sad that you have this mindset. It's not a Biblical mindset, btw. Jesus treated women as equals, and he often ignored social norms of the time, so he could share the Gospel with them...so they could go on and share it with others. If he were a sexist however, he would have likely only approached men to keep in stride with social norms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.